POSH v SUNDERLAND

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

stumpy

Re: POSH v SUNDERLAND

Post by stumpy »

I'm a bag of nerves...we've had a couple of chances but so have they...they probably just about edged that first half and I'm relieved it's still 0-0. Beevers and Kent immense so far.....
BanburyPosh

Post by BanburyPosh »

stumpy wrote: 05 Apr 2021, 15:51 I'm a bag of nerves...we've had a couple of chances but so have they...they probably just about edged that first half and I'm relieved it's still 0-0. Beevers and Kent immense so far.....
Agree completely, not too worried about them just pumping high balls aimlessly, more worried about Szmodics and Reed, neither really in the game yet. Don't think Sammie will last the 90. Dembele would rip this lot apart.

:clap: :comeon: :clap:
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

GET IN....Joe Ward and Nathan Thompson really playing well
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Get in!!!!
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

1-1 F/T and, on reflection, a fair result. Szmodics really should have scored one of his chances. Grant McCann the big winner
Wilco

Post by Wilco »

Was expecting us to lose but disappointed not to win.
Agree that the draw was probably a fair result but Pym should have saved the free kick.
Was it just me or did anyone else think the ref was a bit one sided. Every 50-50 challenge seems to be a free kick for them and whilst we had 2 booked, they got away Scot free from similar challenges.
MagicJulio

Post by MagicJulio »

Sunderland fan in peace here. Good game today, that maybe we shaded ever so slightly. That being said, you probably had the better chances.

Personally hope we go up alongside you at the expense of Hull. Nothing against Hull, just feel like your fans, like ours, are finally due a break.

Best of luck for the rest of the season and genuinely hope we are both celebrating at the end of the season.
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

I felt like we were going to get a second rather than them getting an equaliser. Ward had their fullback on toast and I thought Dembele was going to give us another bit of magic. Not come across a side playing 2 keepers before and felt that one of them should have been a pen, and Sammie should have buried one of his chances. Sunderland play Hull on the 20th April, should be interesting.
MagicJulio

Post by MagicJulio »

2 keepers? Think, maybe you need to lay off the booze mate 😂
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Nobody has mentioned we should have had a penalty when the score was 1-0, I think it was O’Nien picked the ball up bounced it about 3 times stuck it up his jumper and still the blind officials didn’t see it.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

bristleposh wrote: 05 Apr 2021, 19:18 Nobody has mentioned we should have had a penalty when the score was 1-0, I think it was O’Nien picked the ball up bounced it about 3 times stuck it up his jumper and still the blind officials didn’t see it.
Is that when he fell over stopping JCH shot? I think it hit his back...maybe we should sign him as a GK as ours has the wingspan of a sparrow :roll:
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

MagicJulio wrote: 05 Apr 2021, 17:50 Sunderland fan in peace here. Good game today, that maybe we shaded ever so slightly. That being said, you probably had the better chances.

Personally hope we go up alongside you at the expense of Hull. Nothing against Hull, just feel like your fans, like ours, are finally due a break.

Best of luck for the rest of the season and genuinely hope we are both celebrating at the end of the season.
I thought you played well, high tempo and just about shaded it - when we went 1-0 up, I thought we could and should have had a second....It doesnt help that our goalie is a subbuteo player on Sundays
MagicJulio

Post by MagicJulio »

stumpy wrote: 05 Apr 2021, 19:37
MagicJulio wrote: 05 Apr 2021, 17:50 Sunderland fan in peace here. Good game today, that maybe we shaded ever so slightly. That being said, you probably had the better chances.

I thought you played well, high tempo and just about shaded it - when we went 1-0 up, I thought we could and should have had a second....It doesnt help that our goalie is a subbuteo player on Sundays
Generally thought it was a good game and clear that neither side wanted to lose. Can't begrudge you a pont really, and after the way the 2nd half played out I'm very happy with a point. Szmodics is a really decent player for this level.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

stumpy wrote: 05 Apr 2021, 19:35
bristleposh wrote: 05 Apr 2021, 19:18 Nobody has mentioned we should have had a penalty when the score was 1-0, I think it was O’Nien picked the ball up bounced it about 3 times stuck it up his jumper and still the blind officials didn’t see it.
Is that when he fell over stopping JCH shot? I think it hit his back...maybe we should sign him as a GK as ours has the wingspan of a sparrow :roll:
It may well have hit his back but it also hit his arm which was strategically stretched out under him
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

bristleposh wrote: 05 Apr 2021, 19:50
stumpy wrote: 05 Apr 2021, 19:35
It may well have hit his back but it also hit his arm which was strategically stretched out under him
That's what I thought at the time to be honest