Posh v Accrington

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: Posh v Accrington

Post by bristleposh »

dunc wrote: 28 Mar 2021, 01:08 Is that the first game this season where we have dominated both halves of a match?
No it was the first and only time we’ve come up against such an inept set of opponents, it must have been like a training session playing a group of traffic cones. I’m not going to get over excited but if we win our next two games I will.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Swamp Donkey

Post by Swamp Donkey »

What a fabulous afternoon for the whole of PUFC. The transformation was incredible. Wardy was sublime, JCH ruthless, Szmodics enjoyed the freedom of London Road, Burrows showed his ability and the midfield of Brown/Reed controlled proceedings. Notable mentions also to Eisa and Kanu.

A massive win and not just the scoreline. We need to carry this momentum into Easter as we have two tough fixtures. Another one down, 9 to go - buckle up for the ride in.
I could be wrong ... I could be right!
ashman

Post by ashman »

I just love this site. We lose badly to Blackpool and we get 15 derogatory posts from Gaz, and then one miserable post today saying 'that's more like it, we should be pis***g this league.'
Stumpy thought it was 'strange times' when Kanu and Eisa scored and reckoned we were playing Accrington reserves and then once again praised his dad Steve Evans for taking points off Hull!
I thought that we were due a big win, not that comprehensive but a win which would show us just how good we could be. I'm almost in the same camp as bristle in saying that if we win the next two games then we really will be showing promotion credentials. As Dmac says, 'I don't get too 'up' when we win and also not too down when we lose.'
Football (certainly following Posh) is a game that we all love because we never get stuck in a rut of winning complacency or suicidal when a poor run rears its head. UTP
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

Accrington were poor that's for sure, but Posh were brilliant. Although some of the goals were close range, the build up to them was superb. The slide rule pass from Joe Ward for the 1st goal bisected the defence and straight to the feet of JCH for a tap in. The cross field pass from Ward to Burrows from goal 2 , brilliant. The calmness of Szmodics for goal 3, brilliant. The ball from Burrows to Szmodics for goal 4, Wow. The way that Ward suckered the full back into thinking he had lost interest for goal 5 was genius. The pass from Szmodics to Eisa fro goal 6, brilliant. The 7th goal looked like a ricochet job on first viewing, but what a great finish. Well done Posh, let's hope this is the foundation for another run fo games like we had in February.
ashman

Post by ashman »

Steamy Nin wrote: 28 Mar 2021, 12:10 Accrington were poor that's for sure, but Posh were brilliant. Although some of the goals were close range, the build up to them was superb.
Absolutely and I love the way that JCH is so calm when he gets a chance in front of goal. He doesn't need to hammer the ball home, he just simply passes it into the goal!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

ashman wrote: 28 Mar 2021, 11:44 I just love this site. We lose badly to Blackpool and we get 15 derogatory posts from Gaz, and then one miserable post today saying 'that's more like it, we should be pis***g this league.'
Very difficult to comment on a game when you're driving and not watching, compared to sitting through 90 minutes of absolute drivel & wondering how we could be SO bad with such an expensive squad of players.

My post after yesterday's game was not 'miserable', just a fact if you watch football.

You've written more words in one post after yesterday than you managed in a whole thread against Blackpool - even though you watched both games. Why?

Apart from that, good post.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
Slabby

Post by Slabby »

ashman wrote: 28 Mar 2021, 11:44 I just love this site. We lose badly to Blackpool and we get 15 derogatory posts from Gaz, and then one miserable post today saying 'that's more like it, we should be pis***g this league.'
Stumpy thought it was 'strange times' when Kanu and Eisa scored and reckoned we were playing Accrington reserves and then once again praised his dad Steve Evans for taking points off Hull!
I thought that we were due a big win, not that comprehensive but a win which would show us just how good we could be. I'm almost in the same camp as bristle in saying that if we win the next two games then we really will be showing promotion credentials. As Dmac says, 'I don't get too 'up' when we win and also not too down when we lose.'
Football (certainly following Posh) is a game that we all love because we never get stuck in a rut of winning complacency or suicidal when a poor run rears its head. UTP
Are the posts you put on your site your own opinion, or those of your dad, Fergie? (I refer to the first two paragraphs).

Unless I'm mistaken, your forum allows ardent Posh fans to comment on what they see and to express their opinions.

I watched the game, listened to the game, celebrated the win and revelled in the fact that we played 90 minutes. Nevertheless I'm still no fan of "twice sacked". Does that put me in the same category as Gaz and Stumpy? UTP
ashman

Post by ashman »

Slabby wrote: 28 Mar 2021, 21:00 I watched the game, listened to the game, celebrated the win and revelled in the fact that we played 90 minutes. Nevertheless I'm still no fan of "twice sacked". Does that put me in the same category as Gaz and Stumpy? UTP
Quite possibly. I'll let you decide! :wink:
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Slabby wrote: 28 Mar 2021, 21:00 or those of your dad, Fergie?
Obviously you’ve never met Ashman or you’d have said your grandson
they're a prat!
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 29 Mar 2021, 10:08
.... can't work that one out! :shock: :roll: Are you being a touch 'ageist' bristle, because if you are he'd come in as a great grandson to you!
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 29 Mar 2021, 13:14
.... can't work that one out! :shock: :roll: Are you being a touch 'ageist' bristle, because if you are he'd come in as a great grandson to you!
👍
they're a prat!
Slabby

Post by Slabby »

ashman wrote: 29 Mar 2021, 13:14
Well thanks for clearing that up then brizzle. So Ashman is Fergie's grandad. I knew there was a connection somewhere :lol:
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

bristleposh wrote: 28 Mar 2021, 07:52
It was the first and only time we’ve come up against such an inept set of opponents, it must have been like a training session playing a group of traffic cones. I’m not going to get over excited but if we win our next two games I will.
Our performance had something to do with it as well.
In football a team can only play the opposition that is there on the day.
The best team won.
I expect the same to happen in the next two games so that you can get over excited.
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

As I tried to explain (I know it's hard for you) - this was the first bloody game I have missed all season due to some "others secured the overseas rights to this game" excuse from iFollow...really hard to comment and, I try not to, when I couldn't see the game...if you were not angry after Rochdale and Blackpool, I doubt you're really a supporter....even average Darren was angry! We showed our promotion credentials when we sold Toney and reinvested millions and thee fact you're only just getting it after a 7-0 win against (ahem) Accrington Stanley, suggests that you may not be keeping up with the times...the expectation is promotion at the club and should be echoed across the support, anything else would be a failure...but, don't worry, we will win the league and the next two games.....UTP indeed :clap:
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Just popped onto the teenage clique.net and saw 19 pages of comments after Blackpool, 16 after Rochdale and 11 after Accrington, funny old thing football...I'm offering free lessons on "how to be a supporter of your club" - lesson 1....the basics.