Posh v Accrington

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

tonyp

Posh v Accrington

Post by tonyp »

Another game which both teams (especially fans) will see as a "must win".
Accrington will have hopes on making the play-offs. Posh will have hopes on making automatic promotion.
Posh need to play as well as we all know they can and give Accrington a hiding.
Has anybody noticed how well Gillingham have been going lately? If they can pull off a surprise win against Hull it will help our automatic chances and Gillingham could be in the play-offs.
ashman

Re: Posh v Accrington

Post by ashman »

Peterborough United v Accrington Stanley Saturday 27th March (15:00)

REFEREE: SAM PURKISS

ASSISTANT REFEREES: Michael Webb and Darren Blunden

Fourth Official: Hristo Karaivanov
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Swamp Donkey

Post by Swamp Donkey »

I think this will be the turning of the tide and a hard fought 2:1 victory for Posh (Kent and JCH with the goals.)

The Fergie fan club will have a weekend off and instead target Pym/Brown/Ward/Eisa or whoever they don't like the look of.
I could be wrong ... I could be right!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

An absolute make or break game. We simply have to win this one, if only to get the season back on track and give us a fighting chance of the automatics.

Win, lose or draw, the clueless fans will still not have anything constructive to say, yet have a childish dig at those who dare say anything that doesn't go along with what they've been told to think.

Bless.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
ashman

Post by ashman »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 26 Mar 2021, 12:10 An absolute make or break game. We simply have to win this one, if only to get the season back on track and give us a fighting chance of the automatics.

Win, lose or draw, the clueless fans will still not have anything constructive to say, yet have a childish dig at those who dare say anything that doesn't go along with what they've been told to think.

Bless.
Don't be so hard on yourself Gaz! :wink:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

Let's see who wants it more!
Another game against a side fielding a weakened team. As we found out against Blackpool that can never be underestimated and I'm sure the game with Accrington will be very much the same.
Hopefully not the same result!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

ashman wrote: 26 Mar 2021, 13:08
Gaz_Miller wrote: 26 Mar 2021, 12:10...the clueless fans will still not have anything constructive to say, yet have a childish dig at those who...
Don't be so hard on yourself Gaz! :wink:
You couldn't make it up.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

I see that Accrington Stanley fans are saying that this is a game than can and will win to put them back on track for the play-offs.
You have to feel sorry for them.
BanburyPosh

Post by BanburyPosh »

pleasureboy60 wrote: 26 Mar 2021, 13:20 Let's see who wants it more!
Another game against a side fielding a weakened team. As we found out against Blackpool that can never be underestimated and I'm sure the game with Accrington will be very much the same.
Hopefully not the same result!
As long as the attitude, energy, intensity and determination are in place full bore, this is a very winnable game. No doubt we have the necessary skill levels, it will be the application of the above that matters. Looking forward to this one more than I was last Tuesday.

:clap: :comeon: :clap:
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

No Hamilton? Surely Reed and Brown gives us a soft centre in midfield?
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Is it just me but no video on iFollow just audio?
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Swamp Donkey wrote: 26 Mar 2021, 11:31 I think this will be the turning of the tide and a hard fought 2:1 victory for Posh (Kent and JCH with the goals.)

The Fergie fan club will have a weekend off and instead target Pym/Brown/Ward/Eisa or whoever they don't like the look of.
We will win and win the league....players are fine, best squad in the division....even average Darren should add another easy promotion to his CV
blueboro

Post by blueboro »

Lovely start, two early goals for the posh
UTP
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

stumpy wrote: 27 Mar 2021, 16:02 Is it just me but no video on iFollow just audio?
I’ve got pictures
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
blueboro

Post by blueboro »

Gillingham have equalised against hull