Posh v Accrington

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

tonyp

Re: Posh v Accrington

Post by tonyp »

tonyp wrote: 29 Mar 2021, 22:00
bristleposh wrote: 28 Mar 2021, 07:52
It was the first and only time we’ve come up against such an inept set of opponents, it must have been like a training session playing a group of traffic cones. I’m not going to get over excited but if we win our next two games I will.
Our performance had something to do with it as well.
In football a team can only play the opposition that is there on the day.
The best team won.
I expect the same to happen in the next two games so that you can get over excited.
You see? Even stumpy agrees with me!
stumpy wrote: 30 Mar 2021, 00:51don't worry, we will win the league and the next two games.....UTP indeed :clap:
ashman

Post by ashman »

tonyp wrote: 30 Mar 2021, 01:16
tonyp wrote: 29 Mar 2021, 22:00
bristleposh wrote: 28 Mar 2021, 07:52
It was the first and only time we’ve come up against such an inept set of opponents, it must have been like a training session playing a group of traffic cones. I’m not going to get over excited but if we win our next two games I will.
Our performance had something to do with it as well.
In football a team can only play the opposition that is there on the day.
The best team won.
I expect the same to happen in the next two games so that you can get over excited.
You see? Even stumpy agrees with me!
stumpy wrote: 30 Mar 2021, 00:51don't worry, we will win the league and the next two games.....UTP indeed :clap:
We ALL hope and expect to win games to gain promotion, but to say that it is a guaranteed fact is wrong. :shock:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

ashman wrote: 30 Mar 2021, 07:45 We ALL hope and expect to win games to gain promotion, but to say that it is a guaranteed fact is wrong. :shock:
There are predictions, guesses, hopes, expectations and guaranteed facts. I haven't seen any guaranteed facts in this or any other thread.
ashman

Post by ashman »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 28 Mar 2021, 18:49 You've written more words in one post after yesterday than you managed in a whole thread against Blackpool - even though you watched both games. Why?
Apart from that, good post.
I suggest you go back to the Blackpool thread and read pages 4 and 5. At least I was watching both games! :wink:
Brianposh

Post by Brianposh »

The word guarantee does NOT exist within Football.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
ashman

Post by ashman »

Brianposh wrote: 31 Mar 2021, 08:34 The word guarantee does NOT exist within Football.
Exactly, and that is a guarantee Brian! :wink: :clap2:
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Brianposh wrote: 31 Mar 2021, 08:34 The word guarantee does NOT exist within Football.
Manchester United getting a penalty every game is a guarantee as is Jurgen Klopp blaming everyone but himself when they lose
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Agreed.
Which is why I pointed out that "I haven't seen any guaranteed facts in this or any other thread".