Louis Reed

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Gaz_Miller

Louis Reed

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Seriously, what has the manager got against this guy?

I'm not trying to big him up into the next Stevie G, but to continually put a full back on when replacing a midfielder (therefore ignoring Reed) really is a kick in the teeth.

And he was probably our man of the match against Portsmouth, yet useless Hamilton has walked straight back into the team after his dreadful match changing sending off against Hull. And last night, even the Blackpool commentators were taking the p*ss out of Brown after 20 minutes, yet he lasted the 90 minutes.

Is it because he's not one of the managers signings? That's all I can think of because it's ceratinly not on superior ability of others.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
bristleposh

Re: Louis Reed

Post by bristleposh »

He should be in the side
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Fergie got rid of Conor O'Malley as the back up keeper and signed Dan Gyollai who is not an improvement and is highly unlikely to be any cheaper either. You could say the same about Matt Godden & Mo Eisa and then he signed JC-H and banished Eisa to the bench for an entire season thereby totally destroying the lads confidence. He signed Ryan Broom and then a week later signed Szmodics and has openly said Broom was then never going to play as a result. He's like a kid at Christmas quickly getting bored with a new toy and wanting another one.

Most managers do the same though as they want their own players as no-one seems to be actually be able to coach players anymore.

Still at least he hasn't signed such gems as Tyler Denton, Darren Lyon, Isaac Buckley-Ricketts (who now plays for Stretford Paddock FC in the prestigious Lancashire & Cheshire Amateur League Division 1) and Josh Yorwerth
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

HantsPosh wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 11:58 Fergie got rid of Conor O'Malley as the back up keeper and signed Dan Gyollai who is not an improvement and is highly unlikely to be any cheaper either. You could say the same about Matt Godden & Mo Eisa and then he signed JC-H and banished Eisa to the bench for an entire season thereby totally destroying the lads confidence. He signed Ryan Broom and then a week later signed Szmodics and has openly said Broom was then never going to play as a result. He's like a kid at Christmas quickly getting bored with a new toy and wanting another one.

Most managers do the same though as they want their own players as no-one seems to be actually be able to coach players anymore.

Still at least he hasn't signed such gems as Tyler Denton, Darren Lyon, Isaac Buckley-Ricketts (who now plays for Stretford Paddock FC in the prestigious Lancashire & Cheshire Amateur League Division 1) and Josh Yorwerth
Reed should have replaced Brown last night (pick your minute, 1st, 10th, 20th?) and, frankly, the Hamilton and Brown duo was over run at Rochdale and almost non-existent at Blackpool...Reed isn't the best midfielder in the division but, he is not the worst and he is not the worst in our squad...Fergie said something publicly about Reed being great when things are going well and we are bossing a game but not as good when we are under the cosh...
ashman

Post by ashman »

stumpy wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 20:51 Reed isn't the best midfielder in the division but, he is not the worst and he is not the worst in our squad...Fergie said something publicly about Reed being great when things are going well and we are bossing a game but not as good when we are under the cosh...
Unfortunately I reckon Fergie is about right.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Possibly Fergie is right but surely he should focus on what Reed can do not what he can't. He doesn't seem to have the same issue with Dembele not scoring anywhere near enough goals, rather quite rightly concentrating on what else he brings to the team.
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Most footballers are at their best when things are going well. It's a ludicrous statement from the manager.

You only have to look at our goalkeeper during this poor run, or the performance of Frankie Kent the other night.

The fact is, Reed was motm against Portsmouth but hasn't been seen since. As Stumpy said above, Brown could have come off after 10 minute against Blackpool, he really was that poor.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

Last season, Reed broke a goalless stalemate with an 82nd minute screamer into the roof of the net against Lincoln.
He also got sent off in the 90th minute but even that could serve as a lesson in timely dismissals for Ethan Hamilton.
Against Portsmouth recently this season, Reed's pressing, ball-winning challenge and fierce, on-target shot from 25 yards should also be exemplary for Hamilton.
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

From day one of this season I always felt that we looked weak and vulnerable in midfield. All season long, its never been that convincing with or without Jack Taylor.
There's no question he is a quality player, but it's an area of the park where we needed and should have strengthened in January.
Not fully convinced with Reed. He drifts out of the game for long periods and is easily shrugged off the ball.
Brown has been a big disappointment all season. Doesn't get forward enough, lack of goals and again very lightweight and not strong enough. I can see why he struggled in the championship and I definitely wouldn't sign him permanently next season whatever league we end up in!
Unfortunately apart from Hamilton, that's it. We don't have enough quality in that area and have been over run in numerous matches, especially away from home.
Midfield needs some serious addressing next season, especially if Taylor is sold.