BLACKPOOL v POSH

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 19130
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: BLACKPOOL v POSH

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 14:26
ashman wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 12:48 We are still second in the table with a game in hand over Hull and two points ahead of Sunderland with a game more played. There are still 30 points to play for and holding up the white flag now is ridiculous!
In case you don’t remember only six games ago, we were five points clear of Hull with two games in hand and I think about ten points clear of Sunderland having played the same number of games.
I certainly do. All that shows is just how quickly things can change in this league, whether it is up or down the league!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
stumpy
Posts: 461
Joined: 01 Feb 2020, 15:52

Re: BLACKPOOL v POSH

Post by stumpy »

It's weird. Many Posh fans have such low expectations of our perennial lower division team that they think we should be happy being there or thereabouts around promotion. The owners don't feel this way and even average Darren is angry but, we get to read comments that suggest we should be forgiving or be happy that we are not in the 1970s....it's all wrongheaded. Posh should go up this year, make no mistake that not going up would be huge failure of management and players...after the choke of the last 6 games (we were lucky to get 4 points), any football supporter in the world would be angry and upset, they would not be revising history and serving platitudes...we have to get out of the small club mentality and we have to stop making excuses...it's not good enough and we all know it...as for any of the clique from the other site popping on heer to make a snide comment or two, bit sad really...they can backslap each other and laugh at their "jokes" whilst displaying the football knowledge of a blind frog...Still, we will go up, average Darren will get a nose bleed at altitude and leave again....unless we change things fast
HantsPosh
Posts: 740
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: BLACKPOOL v POSH

Post by HantsPosh »

The annoying thing about this poor run is that it's let Sunderland back into it & means we're probably gonna have to beat them on Easter Monday whereas previously we could have afforded to lose or draw that game and it wouldn't have mattered.

It's still in our own hands at the moment despite only 1 win in 6 but we're making it bl00dy hard for ourselves as usual
Slabby
Posts: 75
Joined: 06 Mar 2021, 17:44

Re: BLACKPOOL v POSH

Post by Slabby »

It's a hypothetical question that I posed earlier and, with the help of a crystal ball, I've love to know the answer.

"How many other league one managers would love to have our squad to manage as opposed to their own?"
pleasureboy60
Posts: 421
Joined: 25 May 2011, 09:27

Re: BLACKPOOL v POSH

Post by pleasureboy60 »

Slabby wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 17:34 It's a hypothetical question that I posed earlier and, with the help of a crystal ball, I've love to know the answer.

"How many other league one managers would love to have our squad to manage as opposed to their own?"
All of them. Whether or not all 23 would want our chairman is a different matter entirely!
Slabby
Posts: 75
Joined: 06 Mar 2021, 17:44

Re: BLACKPOOL v POSH

Post by Slabby »

My issue is not with Dmac as such. I'm grateful for 99% of what he has brought to the club and invested in it. The remaining 1% is the worry for me. It's his infatuation with "twice sacked".
If a manager cannot motivate a very expensive League 1 squad, then his position imo becomes untenable.
In no way am I suggesting that he goes now. He should be given the chance to turn this 2nd slump around and fingers crossed he does it. If he fails to achieve promotion for us, he has to go. I want promotion and success as much as all of us but if we fail to achieve that this season, he has got to be toast.
Do you agree or disagree with that Ashman?
User avatar
ashman
Posts: 19130
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: BLACKPOOL v POSH

Post by ashman »

Slabby wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 18:30 My issue is not with Dmac as such. I'm grateful for 99% of what he has brought to the club and invested in it. The remaining 1% is the worry for me. It's his infatuation with "twice sacked".
If a manager cannot motivate a very expensive League 1 squad, then his position imo becomes untenable.
In no way am I suggesting that he goes now. He should be given the chance to turn this 2nd slump around and fingers crossed he does it. If he fails to achieve promotion for us, he has to go. I want promotion and success as much as all of us but if we fail to achieve that this season, he has got to be toast.
Do you agree or disagree with that Ashman?
That has got nothing to do with me. That is DMac's puppy!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Slabby
Posts: 75
Joined: 06 Mar 2021, 17:44

Re: BLACKPOOL v POSH

Post by Slabby »

ashman wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 23:57
Slabby wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 18:30 My issue is not with Dmac as such. I'm grateful for 99% of what he has brought to the club and invested in it. The remaining 1% is the worry for me. It's his infatuation with "twice sacked".
If a manager cannot motivate a very expensive League 1 squad, then his position imo becomes untenable.
In no way am I suggesting that he goes now. He should be given the chance to turn this 2nd slump around and fingers crossed he does it. If he fails to achieve promotion for us, he has to go. I want promotion and success as much as all of us but if we fail to achieve that this season, he has got to be toast.
Do you agree or disagree with that Ashman?
That has got nothing to do with me. That is DMac's puppy!
No trick question. I'd simply be interested in your opinion on the above post. You're happy to call for "Nurse" if any of us show dissatisfaction towards our manager, so I was hoping for a somewhat lengthier reply. Oh well.
HantsPosh
Posts: 740
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 20:44

Re: BLACKPOOL v POSH

Post by HantsPosh »

Slabby wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 17:34 It's a hypothetical question that I posed earlier and, with the help of a crystal ball, I've love to know the answer.

"How many other league one managers would love to have our squad to manage as opposed to their own?"
is our squad that good? How many of our players would Sunderland, Pompey, Hull, Ipswich etc take? I'm not saying our squad is bad by any means but it's hardly a team of League One Galacticos is it?
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30659
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: BLACKPOOL v POSH

Post by bristleposh »

HantsPosh wrote: 25 Mar 2021, 18:11
Slabby wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 17:34 It's a hypothetical question that I posed earlier and, with the help of a crystal ball, I've love to know the answer.

"How many other league one managers would love to have our squad to manage as opposed to their own?"
is our squad that good? How many of our players would Sunderland, Pompey, Hull, Ipswich etc take? I'm not saying our squad is bad by any means but it's hardly a team of League One Galacticos is it?
After the way we played in the final half a dozen games of the 19-20 season I certainly thought that we had a great squad, the only change we had in personnel was JCH for Toney, it just shows how much we miss Ivan it wasn’t just his goals, it was his team play and defensive work.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
User avatar
ashman
Posts: 19130
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: BLACKPOOL v POSH

Post by ashman »

Slabby wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 18:30 My issue is not with Dmac as such. I'm grateful for 99% of what he has brought to the club and invested in it. The remaining 1% is the worry for me. It's his infatuation with "twice sacked".
If a manager cannot motivate a very expensive League 1 squad, then his position imo becomes untenable.
In no way am I suggesting that he goes now. He should be given the chance to turn this 2nd slump around and fingers crossed he does it. If he fails to achieve promotion for us, he has to go. I want promotion and success as much as all of us but if we fail to achieve that this season, he has got to be toast.
Do you agree or disagree with that Ashman?
OK then. I disagree with the way in which football in general views it's managers. Fans, and to a degree owners, are mostly of the 'Success has to be achieved, and achieved right NOW' persuasion.
Football is a weird game in that one minute a team can be right at the top of their abilities and then suddenly, for no apparent reason, the wheels fall off and a string of poor results and untidy entertainment rears its ugly head.
On occasion, there are circumstances where a manager needs to move on because of the fact that he has 'lost the dressing room' as it is called and there seems no other way of remedying the situation.
The other reason that a manager has to be fired or resigns, is a total disagreement with the owners of the club. This situation in itself shows very little loyalty to the club or the manager, but more about the ego of the owners.
I think we are quite lucky with DMac and Ferguson as they obviously get on very well and they are also aware that a disagreement between themselves and a sacking taking place serve no useful point, as they have been through this before.
I doubt that Darren will go, whether we are promoted or whether we have to stay down another year. I reckon they are both in it for the long haul, which is a refreshing change in the culture of 'sack the manager,' as soon as a short run of poor results and performances are encountered. UTP
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Slabby
Posts: 75
Joined: 06 Mar 2021, 17:44

Re: BLACKPOOL v POSH

Post by Slabby »

You clearly seem happy with DF. Let's hope he succeeds.
User avatar
ashman
Posts: 19130
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: BLACKPOOL v POSH

Post by ashman »

Slabby wrote: 25 Mar 2021, 20:46 You clearly seem happy with DF. Let's hope he succeeds.
Me too! :comeon:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 21145
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Tanah Merah, Queensland

Re: BLACKPOOL v POSH

Post by tonyp »

And so say all of us!
Post Reply