BLACKPOOL v POSH

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

pleasureboy60
Posts: 421
Joined: 25 May 2011, 09:27

Re: BLACKPOOL v POSH

Post by pleasureboy60 »

This team would be an embarrassment in the championship and a laughing stock.
Would sooner stay where we are and be a laughing stock in Division 1.
Gaz_Miller
Posts: 1217
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: BLACKPOOL v POSH

Post by Gaz_Miller »

pleasureboy60 wrote: 23 Mar 2021, 22:45 Question. Since Crystal Palace 2012 why have we never been back to the Championship?
Answer for most of those years weve stuck with the same clueless manager and other cheaper options.
We should have stuck with McCann. He’s going to have a long managerial career, he loves Posh & he wanted to stay.

If the owner showed as much patience with him as he has done “twice sacked”, then we might have made the progress he says he wants.

MacAnthony’s ‘problem’ with working with any other manager is becoming a major issue now.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
pleasureboy60
Posts: 421
Joined: 25 May 2011, 09:27

Re: BLACKPOOL v POSH

Post by pleasureboy60 »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 23 Mar 2021, 22:57
pleasureboy60 wrote: 23 Mar 2021, 22:45 Question. Since Crystal Palace 2012 why have we never been back to the Championship?
Answer for most of those years weve stuck with the same clueless manager and other cheaper options.
We should have stuck with McCann. He’s going to have a long managerial career, he loves Posh & he wanted to stay.

If the owner showed as much patience with him as he has done “twice sacked”, then we might have made the progress he says he wants.

MacAnthony’s ‘problem’ with working with any other manager is becoming a major issue now.
Great Post and you have to ask yourself why other managers have never been given reasonable time to succeed, where as Golden Balls is in his third spell and has achieved SFA
User avatar
Swamp Donkey
Posts: 545
Joined: 30 Oct 2008, 19:07
Location: St Albans

Re: BLACKPOOL v POSH

Post by Swamp Donkey »

Thought I'd log back in (it's been a while) and cheer myself up ...

I see the DF haters have found a new home.
I could be wrong ... I could be right!
User avatar
ashman
Posts: 19130
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: BLACKPOOL v POSH

Post by ashman »

Swamp Donkey wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 07:29 Thought I'd log back in (it's been a while) and cheer myself up ...

I see the DF haters have found a new home.
Yep, they love it here, especially when we go through a dodgy patch! :comeon:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
pleasureboy60
Posts: 421
Joined: 25 May 2011, 09:27

Re: BLACKPOOL v POSH

Post by pleasureboy60 »

ashman wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 08:18
Swamp Donkey wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 07:29 Thought I'd log back in (it's been a while) and cheer myself up ...

I see the DF haters have found a new home.
Yep, they love it here, especially when we go through a dodgy patch! :comeon:
The D. Mac and his prodigy lovers need to wake up and smell the coffee.
10 seasons of mediocre football and nothing to show for it proves he needs a plan B.
Unfortunately he doesn't have one!
The longer he sticks with Fergie then the longer we will be in this league or below.
Gaz_Miller
Posts: 1217
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: BLACKPOOL v POSH

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Swamp Donkey wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 07:29 Thought I'd log back in (it's been a while) and cheer myself up ...

I see the DF haters have found a new home.
And we’re still right about him. 🙂
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30659
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: BLACKPOOL v POSH

Post by bristleposh »

A19A1C04-A043-4EFF-9773-1D5AA300C45F.jpeg
A19A1C04-A043-4EFF-9773-1D5AA300C45F.jpeg (97.28 KiB) Viewed 1039 times

The Posh players relaxing after the game.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller
Posts: 1217
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: BLACKPOOL v POSH

Post by Gaz_Miller »

ashman wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 08:18 Yep, they love it here, especially when we go through a dodgy patch!
Any comment on the game in the match thread?

I notice your only contribution was to slag off Joe Ward.

What's your take on another awful run of form? What do you think is going wrong (again)?

Very interesting how certain people go very quiet at certain times (not just on here either).
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
User avatar
ashman
Posts: 19130
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: BLACKPOOL v POSH

Post by ashman »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 09:46
ashman wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 08:18 Yep, they love it here, especially when we go through a dodgy patch!
Any comment on the game in the match thread?

I notice your only contribution was to slag off Joe Ward.

What's your take on another awful run of form? What do you think is going wrong (again)?

Very interesting how certain people go very quiet at certain times (not just on here either).
.... and others manage to post 15 times immediately whenever we lose! :shock:

As for the game - a very poor showing by all the Posh players. I don't think that we can really put a cause as to why we are playing so badly at the moment. All I know is that ALL teams go through these patches of poor results and performances. I have said before that nearly any team in any league will find it difficulty to go on a winning run for more that a five or six stretch. It is bound to come to an end eventually. It is how that team responds to slipping up. It's also noticeable that a run of poor results follows for those teams. The way the team responds to caving in is a mark of just how good the team and the manager are doing.
At the moment we are at this point and how Ferguson and his troops perform in the next few games is crucial. We are no different to Hull, Lincoln and Sunderland who have all gone through these poor sets of results.
p.s. It is interesting that Swamp Donkey logged in, almost knowing who and what they would be saying! :D
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Gaz_Miller
Posts: 1217
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: BLACKPOOL v POSH

Post by Gaz_Miller »

ashman wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 11:54 As for the game - a very poor showing by all the Posh players. I don't think that we can really put a cause as to why we are playing so badly at the moment. All I know is that ALL teams go through these patches of poor results and performances. I have said before that nearly any team in any league will find it difficulty to go on a winning run for more that a five or six stretch. It is bound to come to an end eventually. It is how that team responds to slipping up. It's also noticeable that a run of poor results follows for those teams. The way the team responds to caving in is a mark of just how good the team and the manager are doing.
At the moment we are at this point and how Ferguson and his troops perform in the next few games is crucial. We are no different to Hull, Lincoln and Sunderland who have all gone through these poor sets of results.
p.s. It is interesting that Swamp Donkey logged in, almost knowing who and what they would be saying! :D
It's our second dreadful run of the season, and on both occasions we haven't been able to stop it. And you can't compare us to the likes of Lincoln, they don't have a pot to p*ss in - they are overachieving.

We are the league's big spenders. Even pre-season Sunderland fans were saying it's our league to lose the way we were spending last summer. It's unforgiveable & we shouldn't just accept it as the 'norm' for this league. We are the Man City of League One - how many bad runs have they been on?

PS Interesting that somebody from the other site logged in, had no comment whatsoever on the subject, and then cleared off again, no doubt running to the clique & agreeing with everything they have to say. It takes balls to stand up for yourself & understand what is wrong at the football club. Open your eyes, you might just see it too.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
User avatar
ashman
Posts: 19130
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: BLACKPOOL v POSH

Post by ashman »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 12:14
ashman wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 11:54 As for the game - a very poor showing by all the Posh players. I don't think that we can really put a cause as to why we are playing so badly at the moment. All I know is that ALL teams go through these patches of poor results and performances. I have said before that nearly any team in any league will find it difficulty to go on a winning run for more that a five or six stretch. It is bound to come to an end eventually. It is how that team responds to slipping up. It's also noticeable that a run of poor results follows for those teams. The way the team responds to caving in is a mark of just how good the team and the manager are doing.
At the moment we are at this point and how Ferguson and his troops perform in the next few games is crucial. We are no different to Hull, Lincoln and Sunderland who have all gone through these poor sets of results.
p.s. It is interesting that Swamp Donkey logged in, almost knowing who and what they would be saying! :D
It's our second dreadful run of the season, and on both occasions we haven't been able to stop it. And you can't compare us to the likes of Lincoln, they don't have a pot to p*ss in - they are overachieving.

We are the league's big spenders. Even pre-season Sunderland fans were saying it's our league to lose the way we were spending last summer. It's unforgiveable & we shouldn't just accept it as the 'norm' for this league. We are the Man City of League One - how many bad runs have they been on?

PS Interesting that somebody from the other site logged in, had no comment whatsoever on the subject, and then cleared off again, no doubt running to the clique & agreeing with everything they have to say. It takes balls to stand up for yourself & understand what is wrong at the football club. Open your eyes, you might just see it too.
Yes, it is our second blip, and we stopped the first one and can do it again. Man City are NOT the norm but it is the norm for almost any other team in any league. It is irrelevant about how much money we and other teams have spent. That has been resigned to the past. We are now all at the same point in time.
Where we go from here is the acid test and I hope that we can turn it around again. Just accepting that we have no chance of promotion either as a rite or through the playoffs is counter productive in the extreme. We are still second in the table with a game in hand over Hull and two points ahead of Sunderland with a game more played. There are still 30 points to play for and holding up the white flag now is ridiculous!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Gaz_Miller
Posts: 1217
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: BLACKPOOL v POSH

Post by Gaz_Miller »

I'm not holding up any white flag.

I 100% expect us to still go up - anything else isn't worth contemplating to tell the truth.

My point is that we shouldn't be as poor as we have been on these runs. It's unforgivable given the resources available.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
User avatar
ashman
Posts: 19130
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: BLACKPOOL v POSH

Post by ashman »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 13:03 I'm not holding up any white flag.
I 100% expect us to still go up - anything else isn't worth contemplating to tell the truth.
My point is that we shouldn't be as poor as we have been on these runs. It's unforgivable given the resources available.
Glad to hear that. 100% expecting us to go up is maybe taking things a bit too far! I would hope, beyond everything, that we do go up but expectations have maybe been the downfall of our team many times in the last five or six years. We shouldn't be as poor as we have been on these runs and that is a given by any supporter of any football team that is going on a poor run, but at least let us all stay convinced that we can turn this awful run around. Let's all just rejoice that we are still well in the hunt and give our all to supporting the team as best as we can. It's not like being on the terraces of away grounds or on the London Road terrace but at least let us try to remain positive and encouraging to our team! UTP
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 30659
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: LDub

Re: BLACKPOOL v POSH

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 12:48 We are still second in the table with a game in hand over Hull and two points ahead of Sunderland with a game more played. There are still 30 points to play for and holding up the white flag now is ridiculous!
In case you don’t remember only six games ago, we were five points clear of Hull with two games in hand and I think about ten points clear of Sunderland having played the same number of games.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Post Reply