5 games to go

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Gazza8

Re: 9 games to go

Post by Gazza8 »

tonyp wrote: 31 Mar 2021, 22:17 Gillingham are now in the top six after beating Wigan.
We have to hope that the play-offs don't include Posh and Gillingham.
Gills have played more matchs than other teams ... They have played 39 matchs against 37 for POSH and Lincoln or 36 for Sunderland and Portsmouth and 38 for Hull.
ashman

Post by ashman »

tonyp wrote: 31 Mar 2021, 22:17 Gillingham are now in the top six after beating Wigan.
That would not be a good scenario. Mind you, if we eventually beat them it should solve a few arguments!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 01 Apr 2021, 09:20
That would not be a good scenario. Mind you, if we eventually beat them it should solve a few arguments!
Not really, the hard of understanding will point out that one had inherited a team full of internationals whilst the other got the scrapings from the bottom of a shoe.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 01 Apr 2021, 09:44
Not really, the hard of understanding will point out that one had inherited a team full of internationals whilst the other got the scrapings from the bottom of a shoe.
True. I forgot about the 'hard of understanding' crew! :wink:
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Team of internationals?
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

If anybody is comparing Posh’s squad against Gillingham’s, they know less about football than previously thought.
It’s like comparing Man City & Sheffield United.

Mind you, it would be interesting to hear if anybody thinks Ferguson would have Gillingham in a play off position this season
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 01 Apr 2021, 23:34 If anybody is comparing Posh’s squad against Gillingham’s, they know less about football than previously thought.

Mind you, it would be interesting to hear if anybody thinks Ferguson would have Gillingham in a play off position this season
Which was what I said about 3 posts ago
Nobody is suggesting that Fergusson is a better manager, merely suggesting that he is a far better human being, a far better fit for Peterborough United and I’m not being racist against the jocks here you may have noticed they both belong to the same crew.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
ashman

Post by ashman »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 01 Apr 2021, 23:34 If anybody is comparing Posh’s squad against Gillingham’s, they know less about football than previously thought.

You are like ..........

Slabby

Post by Slabby »

ashman wrote: 02 Apr 2021, 08:01

You are like ..........

I'd have thought that "twice sacked's" leg was bigger than that :wink:
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Really? Is there that much difference, many our our squad came from lower leagues. Yes there’s expensive signings like JCH, Sammie and Mo Eisa but Pym, Butler, Kent, Taylor, Dembele, Ward, FBT, Reed, Kanu, came from League 2 or below and Thompson was a free transfer.
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

Lincoln's two COVID-caused Easter postponements (one against Charlton) could work to our advantage if the fixtures are rearranged before we play both Lincoln and Charlton, and assuming that May 8 is the final day of the season. Lincoln will have to deal with serious fixture congestion.
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

HantsPosh wrote: 02 Apr 2021, 13:19

Really? Is there that much difference, many our our squad came from lower leagues. Yes there’s expensive signings like JCH, Sammie and Mo Eisa but Pym, Butler, Kent, Taylor, Dembele, Ward, FBT, Reed, Kanu, came from League 2 or below and Thompson was a free transfer.
I think that the main point of comparison might focus on transfer outlay. I doubt if the bill for Eisa, JC-H, Szmodics, Taylor, Kent, Dembele and Broom would leave much change out of £5m. I think it's safe to say that Gillingham haven't had that sort of money to spend, and have had to sniff around for free signings like....Kyle Dempsey (8 League One goals in thirty-three appearances this season). I wish he were still with us.
blueboro

Post by blueboro »

Doncaster loosing to charlton(66mins) continuing there poor run
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

JohnC wrote: 02 Apr 2021, 13:51
HantsPosh wrote: 02 Apr 2021, 13:19

I think that the main point of comparison might focus on transfer outlay. I doubt if the bill for Eisa, JC-H, Szmodics, Taylor, Kent, Dembele and Broom would leave much change out of £5m. I think it's safe to say that Gillingham haven't had that sort of money to spend, and have had to sniff around for free signings like....Kyle Dempsey (8 League One goals in thirty-three appearances this season). I wish he were still with us. Another of Gillingham's free transfer signings, Vadaine Oliver, looks good value with fourteen L1 goals this campaign.
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

blueboro wrote: 02 Apr 2021, 13:54 Doncaster loosing to charlton(66mins) continuing there poor run
I hope that Doncaster slip out of contention, as that might make our double-header against them a little less challenging