3 games to go

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

tonyp

Re: 4 games to go

Post by tonyp »

There's no doubt we have four very tough final games.
But we have shown that we often play better against good opposition.
We should start with a win against Charlton.
Brianposh

Post by Brianposh »

We will get what we deserve for the football played....................
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Brianposh wrote: 20 Apr 2021, 22:43 We will get what we deserve for the football played....................
Correct. All we have to do is win the remaining four games and we'll get deserved promotion.
BanburyPosh

Post by BanburyPosh »

Yes Tony, a lot easier said than done. We had a great chance tonight to creep up on Hull especially with how their game panned out. Make no mistake, Hull haven’t got any easy games left either. Or Lincoln, or Blackpool. And Charlton have 4 from 5 at home including Posh, Lincoln & Hull so no easy points there.

:clap: :comeon: :clap:
dunc

Post by dunc »

The good news is that after last night's results - we have guaranteed the playoffs.
The bad news is that might mean we have more than 4 games to go!
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

I felt it last night having watched that very poor show, it’s not the first time this season we have been very poor. There were two teams on the pitch last night, a man from Mars watching that would have thought the team in red were the ones at the top. I think it was as recently as March that the warning shots were fired across the bow. Defensively for the most part we look OK, until players with any pace run at our defenders, we resort to tactics akin to those employed by teams we all detest, just stop them by foul means. We give away far too many free kicks in dangerous positions. Our two man midfield seems to be outmanoeuvred by three in most games, and, like last night our front three get so little service they might just as well not be there, last night again, JCH was lacklustre, he was about as much use as a soggy handkerchief when you have a runny nose. Bringing on a young boy in place of your centre half so you can get better delivery into the opposition box, was a non starter, as, despite having many corners I don’t think any were taken by the young man. The league in general has been very poor and because of this we have found ourselves at the top of the pile. Tactically I still think the manager brings nothing to the table, last night he switched from four at the back to five which did slightly improve things. On so many occasions this season if plan a or b doesn’t work there doesn’t seem to be any plans c. Perhaps he is waiting like Arsenal v Fulham the other night to send the keeper forward for a corner.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Bristle makes some very good points - the football served up by Posh this season has been mediocre at best. A lot of games it's been downright drab.

Even Northampton was poor, as was our start at Swindon. Time and time again this season we have started so poorly, yet nobody at the club has been able to work out why,

Although I desperately want us to go up, I'm not convinced it's the right time for us to do so. I do fear the consequences of how much money the owners have put in to finance promotion, but I also really fear how much more they'd have to put in just to strive for 4th from bottom in the Championship.

And then there's the manager. Last night my son told me there's a thread on the clique website suggesting he's our 'best ever manager'. Get real, he's hardly in the top five. If we do go up, he really isn't the man to keep us there. Losing eleven times in this league with a multi-million pound squad is unforgiveable. Most teams are just trying to survive at this level.

As I said in the match day thread, this would be by far the worse Posh team I've ever seen go up. Son of God must be turning in his grave.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

tonyp wrote: 20 Apr 2021, 23:27
Brianposh wrote: 20 Apr 2021, 22:43 We will get what we deserve for the football played....................
Correct. All we have to do is win the remaining four games and we'll get deserved promotion.
Win 3 out of the 4 is enough as the max points Lincoln can get is 87 & Sunderland 84, Blackpool 83. We can lose to Lincoln and still go up with 88 points
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

HantsPosh wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 08:32
tonyp wrote: 20 Apr 2021, 23:27
Win 3 out of the 4 is enough as the max points Lincoln can get is 87 & Sunderland 84, Blackpool 83. We can lose to Lincoln and still go up with 88 points
Expect 0 wins out of 4 and if we get any be happy about it. I think sadly we have no points to come, but will probably still go up as none of the others are very good either.
they're a prat!
Slabby

Post by Slabby »

I'm no fan of 'twice sacked', but I think that's pushing the pessimism envelope a little brizzle?
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Slabby wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 18:35 I'm no fan of 'twice sacked', but I think that's pushing the pessimism envelope a little brizzle?
Ashman is of the same mind as you, but as I pointed out to him. Gillingham H, Charlton A, Lincoln H, Doncaster H and A. I thought our best chance of getting three points was against the Kentish side.
they're a prat!
PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 08:09 Bristle makes some very good points - the football served up by Posh this season has been mediocre at best. A lot of games it's been downright drab.

Even Northampton was poor, as was our start at Swindon. Time and time again this season we have started so poorly, yet nobody at the club has been able to work out why,

Although I desperately want us to go up, I'm not convinced it's the right time for us to do so. I do fear the consequences of how much money the owners have put in to finance promotion, but I also really fear how much more they'd have to put in just to strive for 4th from bottom in the Championship.

And then there's the manager. Last night my son told me there's a thread on the clique website suggesting he's our 'best ever manager'. Get real, he's hardly in the top five. If we do go up, he really isn't the man to keep us there. Losing eleven times in this league with a multi-million pound squad is unforgiveable. Most teams are just trying to survive at this level.
Fair comments in my view.
White G

Post by White G »

Fergie is an average League One manager, case closed. He's not a Championship manager, he struggles in League One and is limited in his managerial abilities. This isn't opinion, this is fact as we've all seen him in action for a long time.
White G

Post by White G »

Fergie's dad took Aberdeen (a bigger club than Posh but not hugely different) and beat Real Madrid in a European final!

Fergie Jnr can't manage his multi-million pound squad to any sort of result v against a poor Gillingham side full of free transfers.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

White G wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 23:29 Fergie is an average League One manager, case closed. He's not a Championship manager, he struggles in League One and is limited in his managerial abilities. This isn't opinion, this is fact as we've all seen him in action for a long time.
Nice to see you’re still alive, but strange how you only comment when Posh lose a game we were expected to win. I’m surprised you haven’t dug out your old Fergie o’meter, everybody gets so excited by that. As for him struggling in league one, it is not strictly true, take a look at the table.
they're a prat!