3 games to go

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Re: 5 games to go

Post by ashman »

Good results today for Posh.
My only reservation is the returning form of Doncaster Rovers. Today they ended their five game losing run with an away win at Shrewsbury. They don't become a poor team all of a sudden and have produced some of the best football in the division this season prior to their slump.
They are five points short of the play-off places with a game in hand and will desperately want to end the season in the style they are capable of and end up at least into the playoffs. The downside of this is that Posh have to play them twice in twelve days with a game against Lincoln at home in between. We desperately need to maximise our points against Gillingham (h) and Charlton (a) on Tuesday and next Saturday before we reach that stage of the season. :comeon:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

8 points from 5 games will put us up, and that’s if Lincoln now win every game.

It’s definitely ours to lose now.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
Slabby

Post by Slabby »

It's OK Gaz. I've just had a text off our mate Steve. He says we've got nothing to worry about on Tuesday :wink:
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Slabby wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 16:45 It's OK Gaz. I've just had a text off our mate Steve. He says we've got nothing to worry about on Tuesday :wink:
:lol: :clap:
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister »

Slabby wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 16:45 It's OK Gaz. I've just had a text off our mate Steve. He says we've got nothing to worry about on Tuesday :wink:
No worries, Gaz had the same text :lol:
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

ashman wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 14:57 Good results today for Posh.
My only reservation is the returning form of Doncaster Rovers. Today they ended their five game losing run with an away win at Shrewsbury. They don't become a poor team all of a sudden and have produced some of the best football in the division this season prior to their slump.
They are five points short of the play-off places with a game in hand and will desperately want to end the season in the style they are capable of and end up at least into the playoffs. The downside of this is that Posh have to play them twice in twelve days with a game against Lincoln at home in between. We desperately need to maximise our points against Gillingham (h) and Charlton (a) on Tuesday and next Saturday before we reach that stage of the season. :comeon:
'All of a sudden'? Doncaster's win yesterday was their first in ten games, seven of which they lost. I expect Charlton and Lincoln to provide sterner tests.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

I've always though Doncaster would make the play-offs this season and am surprised that they have slumped.
I agree with you, ashman, we have to get six points from Gillingham and Charlton and the Doncaster games will be less important. Lincoln is going to be a real challenge.
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

tonyp wrote: 18 Apr 2021, 21:44
I've always though Doncaster would make the play-offs this season and am surprised that they have slumped.
I agree with you, ashman, we have to get six points from Gillingham and Charlton and the Doncaster games will be less important. Lincoln is going to be a real challenge.
Doncaster's manager, Darren Moore, walked out of the club at the beginning of March to take over at Sheffield Wednesday. Rovers' record in March and April is: P12 W3 D2 L7.
ashman

Post by ashman »

JohnC wrote: 18 Apr 2021, 22:12
Doncaster's manager, Darren Moore, walked out of the club at the beginning of March to take over at Sheffield Wednesday. Rovers' record in March and April is: P12 W3 D2 L7.
Your point being? That collection of players are quite capable of getting back some sort of form. I just hope that it is not against us!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

ashman wrote: 19 Apr 2021, 06:45That collection of players are quite capable of getting back some sort of form. I just hope that it is not against us!
Me, too.
Gazza8

Post by Gazza8 »

Sunderland is getting lose important points at this crucial run to promotion.
Blackpool is really impressive and it's a good thing for us they defeat Sunderland on last saturday.
Gillingham is going to lose points to and begins to ensume late points on playoffs places.
The results are really better than my predictions haha

On tuesday there is a big match between Hull and Sunderland. About the form, I think Hull will defeat the black cats.
Posh must win to enjoy of the result between Hull and Sunderland and get points on one of teams or both. After this, I think a victory over Charlton can ensure the automatic promotion at the end of season.
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

ashman wrote: 19 Apr 2021, 06:45
JohnC wrote: 18 Apr 2021, 22:12
Your point being? That collection of players are quite capable of getting back some sort of form. I just hope that it is not against us!
My point is that there may well be a connection between Doncaster's plunge in form and the sudden and acrimonious departure of their manager (who has recently been struck down with post-Covid pneumonia, incidentally).
They are 'quite capable of getting back some sort of form', but that's setting a fairly low bar, which they may clear against Accrington, Fleetwood and Rochdale. They have to visit Blackpool and play us twice, though.
Doncaster won all of their January L1 games. Our January 2 fixture was postponed...
BanburyPosh

Post by BanburyPosh »

Keep seeing on other media platforms that a lot of Posh fans want Hull to win tonight. I fancy a draw would be better all round for us coupled with a Posh win of course, no guarantee though. Evans will want to make it really difficult tonight, even if he is a Posh fan!! If that’s how it plays out then we would be 1 point behind Hull with a game in hand and 10 points clear of Sunderland with 12 to play for. I haven’t forgotten there are others in the mix but these two games could be pretty decisive in the long run. All supposition of course, it could easily pan out completely different. UTP.

:clap: :comeon: :clap:
Slabby

Post by Slabby »

To get us promoted, I'll go for a Hull win.
Pompey losing at halftime. Come on Burton and Rochdale!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Oh dear. Charlton will be extremely difficult & Lincoln back on form too.

Surely we can’t blow it, surely...
― Unarine Ramaru