3 games to go

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: 6 games to go

Post by bristleposh »

I think it’s fairly obvious we don’t have the quality to compete at a higher level, we do however have some good players certainly better than the ill equipped three that went up under false pretences last time. The back five along with Edwards will be good enough, not too sure about the midfield, Taylor possibly, but in Hamilton, Reed and Brown I have severe reservations. In Burrows, Dembele, Szmodics, Ward and maybe JCH could be good enough but the underlings I can’t see as championship footballers, Kanu, Eisa, RJJ, Mason, FBT, all the players currently out on loan.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
White G

Post by White G »

bristleposh wrote: 11 Apr 2021, 21:18
White G wrote: 11 Apr 2021, 20:07 We can't blow this now! Sunderland's best player is a chubby 36 year old journeyman. Sums up the league this season. We'll get destroyed next season if we go up, but reckon only Hull would have a realistic chance of staying up out of League 1.
Nice to see our resident doom merchant, still chucking out the same old tosh.

That's bizarre as a few posts later, you're saying the same things as I was.
Last edited by White G on 12 Apr 2021, 13:57, edited 1 time in total.
White G

Post by White G »

bristleposh wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 11:07 I think it’s fairly obvious we don’t have the quality to compete at a higher level
Same old tosh from Mr Doom & Gloom.😁
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Wigan currently beating Sunderland 2-1 with minutes to go. If this stays the same...

Edit: Finished 2-1.

Surely we can't blow this now. Surely...
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

We really should be eight points clear by Saturday morning
they're a prat!
Wilco

Post by Wilco »

What a result at Wigan tonight. I’m trying so hard not to get too excited, 6 games to go, 5 points clear of the team below, what could possibly go wrong!?
If we win the next 2 I think I’ll burst!
Gazza8

Post by Gazza8 »

:comeon:
Great result at Wigan tonight. But team has to get points. Remain 6 games to go. But a win on Friday night will be a big thing as there is a big Blackpool - Sunderland on Saturday.
blueboro

Post by blueboro »

Wilco wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 20:50 What a result at Wigan tonight. I’m trying so hard not to get too excited, 6 games to go, 5 points clear of the team below, what could possibly go wrong!?
If we win the next 2 I think I’ll burst!
:stupid: :comeon:
blueboro

Post by blueboro »

Surely we can’t get robbed again this year...
Exciting times
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

blueboro wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 09:26 Surely we can’t get robbed again this year...
Exciting times
I really don't see who can "rob" us. If we don't make it we'll only have ourselves to blame.
All we have to do is keep winning.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

tonyp wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 10:05
blueboro wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 09:26 Surely we can’t get robbed again this year...
Exciting times
I really don't see who can "rob" us. If we don't make it we'll only have ourselves to blame.
Naive Tony, think back to ‘68, the EFL can stop us quite easily, playing a goalie when we had two fit players on the books, surely must be worth a 12 point penalty.
they're a prat!
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

bristleposh wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 10:32
tonyp wrote: 14 Apr 2021, 10:05
Exciting times
Naive Tony, think back to ‘68, the EFL can stop us quite easily, playing a goalie when we had two fit players on the books, surely must be worth a 12 point penalty.
I don't think you're right. But if you are then as I said "we'll only have ourselves to blame."
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

I think Bristle was being sarcastic given the noise coming out of Sunderland about the GK signing (which I actually agree with them about tbh).
ashman

Post by ashman »

HantsPosh wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 15:32 I think Bristle was being sarcastic given the noise coming out of Sunderland about the GK signing (which I actually agree with them about tbh).
So Posh's online goalkeeper is responsible for the Mackems completely messing up their form of eight points from the last eighteen! Laughable!!! :D :D
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
dunc

Post by dunc »

No, Sunderland complained that they were given an extra point because Pym wasn't fit enough to save their free kick!