3 games to go

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

tonyp

3 games to go

Post by tonyp »

With Posh (presently on 65 points) having 12 games to play, in my opinion, we have to get at least 24 points to be sure of automatic promotion. This would give us 89 points.
Hull (presently on 68 points)have only 10 games left and they might get 20 points putting them on 88.
Sunderland (presently on 63 points) are setting a cracking pace and could well get at least 27 from their remaining 12 games putting them on 90 points.
Doncaster (presently on 56 points) might get 26 from their 13 remaining games putting them on 82 points.
I don't see any of the others worrying us.
This is how I see the final six-
1. Sunderland
2. Posh
3. Hull
4. Doncaster
5. Lincoln
6. Gillingham

And Gillingham will win the play-offs.

Any other guesses?
Gaz_Miller

Re: 12 games to go

Post by Gaz_Miller »

I think Sunderland will win the league quite easily. They have a brilliant manager now & with a new owner could push for promotion again next year. Far too powerful.

That leaves us & Hull imo. Who will break first, Fergie or McCann?
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
ashman

Post by ashman »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 18 Mar 2021, 09:44 I think Sunderland will win the league quite easily. They have a brilliant manager now & with a new owner could push for promotion again next year. Far too powerful.

It's going to be an interesting, if nail biting end to the season. There are still 12 games to go, six at home and six away; 36, yes 36 points to play for still!!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

ashman wrote: 18 Mar 2021, 11:26
Gaz_Miller wrote: 18 Mar 2021, 09:44 I think Sunderland will win the league quite easily. They have a brilliant manager now & with a new owner could push for promotion again next year. Far too powerful.

It's going to be an interesting, if nail biting end to the season. There are still 12 games to go, six at home and six away; 36, yes 36 points to play for still!!
Twenty-four points would leave us on 89 - is that enough for automatics?

If so, we need to win six, draw six - averaging two points a game.

As you say, so nail-biting it's squeaky bum time.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

If we only get to 89 points we may well throw it away. At the moment it is in our own hands.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

tonyp wrote: 17 Mar 2021, 22:51
This is how I see the final six-
1. Sunderland
2. Posh
3. Hull
4. Doncaster
5. Lincoln
6. Gillingham

And Gillingham will win the play-offs.

Any other guesses?
Now that we have only 9 games left I think the final six might be
1. Sunderland
2. Posh
3. Hull
4. Blackpool
5. Lincoln
6. Portsmouth
Hull to win the play-offs.
Any other guesses?
blueboro

Re: 9 games to go

Post by blueboro »

I think Sunderland are due a bad run ...they are unbeaten in 12 in all competitions so I’m thinking we beat them Easter Sunday and then they start stuttering ,well for a few games anyways .
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Let’s hope so, would be hilarious to see them stuck in League one for a 4th season, they’re one of those clubs the media love and have the most deluded and fickle fans in the country who seem to think they should be in the Champions League every season just because they have a nice stadium, albeit one full of bird **** on seats and restricted views.
blueboro

Post by blueboro »

Lol I know ,I remember when they first came down,the whole season the fans kept saying there gunna “piss the league”
...how I would love them to stay in league one atleast one more season
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 18 Mar 2021, 13:49 If we only get to 89 points we may well throw it away. At the moment it is in our own hands.
Exactly, starting with a good return points from Fleetwood on Friday!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Gazza8

Post by Gazza8 »

I don't write many here but I carry on to follow club's results. I think POSH could make a great step if they win next two games front Fleetwood and Sunderland.
The difficulty is that no team have the same matchs played as the others. We have one less than Hull but one more than Sunderland...
The victory on Accrington is very important on this way. I hope, that victory will be a new start for a new positive run... The big aim on these two next matchs is to win in Fleetwood and doesn't loose front of Sunderland. Sunderland is on an impressive unbeaten run of 12 matchs... Ever doesn't lose will be a good thing to keep them on a good distance. But I think Poshies have a great abilities to defeat them.
Unfortunatelly, I cannot watch matchs here in France (Yes I'm a french fan haha), but I watch highlights on YouTube and read press on the club.

The only fact I don't understand, and for moment was not big problem hopeflly, is the lack of turnover from Fergie on the starting line-up... Guys as Reed, Hamilton, Eisa deserve to play more no ?
On Eisa, he has big difficulties for two years now... Very strange from him.

Well, I hope the best for the club and I hope they will sucess on their goal to get up promotion on the end of this season because they deserve and they show big mental and big defence.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Gazza8 wrote: 31 Mar 2021, 10:13 I cannot watch matchs here in France.
I’m pretty sure you can, if many of our fans can watch in Poland, South Africa, Australia and USA can watch on iFollow for £10 per game or £120 for a season ticket for games home and away. The last time I was on holiday in Spain I watched by the swimming pool on my iPad.
they're a prat!
Gazza8

Post by Gazza8 »

bristleposh wrote: 31 Mar 2021, 13:36
Gazza8 wrote: 31 Mar 2021, 10:13 I cannot watch matchs here in France.
I’m pretty sure you can, if many of our fans can watch in Poland, South Africa, Australia and USA can watch on iFollow for £10 per game or £120 for a season ticket for games home and away. The last time I was on holiday in Spain I watched by the swimming pool on my iPad.

I think I will buy a season ticket for next season in Championship :clap: :comeon:

What do you think about the team ? Clarke-Harris is he better than Toney or it's too hard to compare both ?

I think Posh can be able to keep JCH in the team next season if they are promoted in Championship League..
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Impossible to compare but I personally thought Toney was better. He has proved himself at a higher level too
they're a prat!
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Gillingham are now in the top six after beating Wigan.
We have to hope that the play-offs don't include Posh and Gillingham.