POSH v PORTSMOUTH

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Gaz_Miller

Re: POSH v PORTSMOUTH

Post by Gaz_Miller »

We certainly don’t look like a promotion team at the moment, but there’s no denying our position in the table.

Just hope we can hold it together for the final run-in. We don’t want to be in the play-offs at all.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 16 Mar 2021, 22:10 What a shambles second half, even our manager joined in taking off our best player. Reed man of the match until then. Referee was so one sided it was untrue.
...... but the multi cameras were very good. Check out the extended highlights to see how good they were. Are they provided by the EFL or are they our cameras so they can be used for all our remaining home games?
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Just watched the 2 minutes of highlights on Posh.com and, going by those, it was a good game :lol: Good win and we are in a great position especially with Lincoln losing....need Accrington to beat Sunderland tonight
DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister »

bristleposh wrote: 16 Mar 2021, 22:59 After that performance, if we do go up we’ll certainly come straight back down, unless there is a massive turnover in staff. Kent and Pym probably the only two who could go up a level. At a push Dembele, JCH, Burrows, Thompson and Ward. Another season for Szmodics and possibly Butler, but Brown and Beevers sadly no.

Just as an addenda to that list I think Taylor may be good enough, and Edwards. I would give Reed more chances, I feel sad for FBT and Mason who when they do get on the pitch nine times out of ten are in the wrong position, can’t see a future for Broom, Eisa, or Tasdemir, whilst Jones, Clark and Barker need to be given more time.
Agree with that assessment, though I think JCH will score goals in the championship. Brown and Beevers not championship players at all, so a dominant centre half, midfielder and second tier quality goalkeeper to back up Pym needed in the summer if we go up.
ashman

Post by ashman »

DaveLister wrote: 17 Mar 2021, 13:18 Agree with that assessment, though I think JCH will score goals in the championship. Brown and Beevers not championship players at all, so a dominant centre half, midfielder and second tier quality goalkeeper to back up Pym needed in the summer if we go up.
Brown was MOTM last night and Beevers has improved greatly this season - he's not captain material however - give that to Frankie Kent, a player who seems to want to win and cajoles his teammates along too!
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Szmodics came from Bristol City for a big fee but didn't really make it in the championship, Beevers has played in the championship, JCH has played in the championship for Rovrum, Eisa came from championship but didnt make it, Brown is on loan from championship, Dembele is being scouted by championship and above, Taylor came for big money and is championship material....Pym might be good enough?

So, that leaves Ward, Thompson, Kent, Butler, Burrows, Hamilton, Reed, RJJ as not having played or been linked with championship clubs....it's why we are favorites for promotion but, in my opinion, will struggle in a higher league. We will need to recruit. Maybe Pym, Kent, Thompson, Taylor, Ward, Dembele, JCH, Szmodics would form a core of a squad?
DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister »

ashman wrote: 17 Mar 2021, 13:43
DaveLister wrote: 17 Mar 2021, 13:18 Agree with that assessment, though I think JCH will score goals in the championship. Brown and Beevers not championship players at all, so a dominant centre half, midfielder and second tier quality goalkeeper to back up Pym needed in the summer if we go up.
Brown was MOTM last night and Beevers has improved greatly this season - he's not captain material however - give that to Frankie Kent, a player who seems to want to win and cajoles his teammates along too!
I agree Ashman, but can they do it in the championship?
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Let's get there first and then think about that, if we start thinking about playing Newcastle in November we'll come unstuck against Rochdale in March!
Slabby

Post by Slabby »

It's safe to assume that if we're talking about what quality players in our squad can survive in the Championship, our owners will be doing the same. Cancel your summer holiday Barry!
ashman

Post by ashman »

Slabby wrote: 18 Mar 2021, 18:22 It's safe to assume that if we're talking about what quality players in our squad can survive in the Championship, our owners will be doing the same. Cancel your summer holiday Barry!
Dave Lister, yourself and I can all see that a complete overhaul of the team will be necessary IF we get promoted. Don't forget that we have done it twice before but both times the club failed to give the manager the tools to really make a sustained impact on the Championship. We are sitting on a dilemma to be sure.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 18 Mar 2021, 19:08 We are sitting on a dilemma to be sure.
What position do you think Emma will play if she’s not squashed from you three sitting on her
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Slabby

Post by Slabby »

Who does Emma play for Brizzle and can she score from corners?

Seriously though I'm relishing the thought of us going up but scared we'll not have the squad to survive. Like I said earlier, our 3 backers in our club are surely/hopefully considering this as I type.