HULL v POSH

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

stumpy

Re: HULL v POSH

Post by stumpy »

We are the Man City of the league and just had a slip up like they did against Man Utd at the weekend...the fact that we are 15 points clear of the pack at the top of the league means we can afford this type of slip up....er.....why is the league table saying we are second?
ashman

Post by ashman »

stumpy wrote: 10 Mar 2021, 00:49 We are the Man City of the league and just had a slip up like they did against Man Utd at the weekend...the fact that we are 15 points clear of the pack at the top of the league means we can afford this type of slip up....er.....why is the league table saying we are second?
Agree with this. We are second in the table because Ipswich and Lincoln only drew last night. Hull, along with Sunderland are the form team. They now have a three point lead over the rest of the pack but have also played two more games than Posh, Lincoln and Sunderland.
Interestingly, Sunderland are the in the same position as Posh, in that they don't have a game on Saturday. They also have a week in which to recuperate, in fact it is a day longer than us, as they don't play until a week today (against Accrington)
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

At least MacAnthony is fuming with that display, unlike some of our clueless fans.

Totally unnacceptable. I agree with every word he says about the game.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
ashman

Post by ashman »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 10 Mar 2021, 11:26 At least MacAnthony is fuming with that display, unlike some of our clueless fans.

No one has said anything other than it was a poor display which needs to be sorted out. Stop blowing smoke towards a certain owner!
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 10 Mar 2021, 11:26 At least MacAnthony is fuming with that display, unlike some of our clueless fans.

Interesting to see that Porto beat Juventus despite being down to 10 men - we looked inept after the sending off and a bit clueless....After sleeping on it, it's all in our hands to win the league - I just hope Fergie doesn't bottle it....
ashman

Post by ashman »

stumpy wrote: 10 Mar 2021, 15:10

Interesting to see that Porto beat Juventus despite being down to 10 men - we looked inept after the sending off and a bit clueless....After sleeping on it, it's all in our hands to win the league - I just hope Fergie doesn't bottle it....
I just hope that DMac doesn't put too much pressure on those in charge and on the players themselves!
Slabby

Post by Slabby »

ashman wrote: 10 Mar 2021, 18:33
stumpy wrote: 10 Mar 2021, 15:10

I just hope that DMac doesn't put too much pressure on those in charge and on the players themselves!
It's Fergies job to pressure the players, motivate them and get them to perform. It's Dmacs job to find the right man to do that. Dmac shouldn't be in the dressing room unless he feels that his chosen manager isn't up to the job
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Good to see that Gaz agrees with every word DMac says and not just the part where he was disappointed (as we all were).
Peterborough Telegraph
https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spo ... sh-3160969
Posh chief Darragh MacAnthony backs his players to bounce back from disappointing loss in top of the table clash
Peterborough United co-owner Darragh MacAnthony insists his players will win promotion if they want it badly enough - and he’s backing then to pull it off.
DMac said
I know we have an honest bunch in that dressing room. It’s getting close to ‘squeaky bum’ time and we are still in a good place.
If they want promotion enough they will get it. They need to put everything into the final 13 games. I think we have the heart and the energy to do it.
I agree with DMac. We can do it.
ashman

Post by ashman »

DMac has never gone into the dressing room and has avowed many times never to do so.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

ashman wrote: 11 Mar 2021, 00:30 DMac has never gone into the dressing room and has avowed many times never to do so.
I haven't see it claimed anywhere that he has gone into the dressing room.
According to the Telegraph he said "I know we have an honest bunch in that dressing room."
Presumably he is taking Fergie's word for it.
ashman

Post by ashman »

tonyp wrote: 11 Mar 2021, 05:20
ashman wrote: 11 Mar 2021, 00:30 DMac has never gone into the dressing room and has avowed many times never to do so.
I haven't see it claimed anywhere that he has gone into the dressing room.
According to the Telegraph he said "I know we have an honest bunch in that dressing room."
Presumably he is taking Fergie's word for it.
He often goes to the training ground where he sees all the players, coaches and management but he maintains a distance from the dressing room. This is purely down to Darren, Mark Robson, Tyler and any of the fitness coaches. I think he can claim that 'we have an honest bunch in that dressing room' without going anywhere near the actual inner sanctum of the team's dressing room.
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

ashman wrote: 11 Mar 2021, 09:06 This is purely down to Darren
:shock:
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

ashman wrote: 11 Mar 2021, 09:06 I think he can claim that 'we have an honest bunch in that dressing room' without going anywhere near the actual inner sanctum of the team's dressing room.
:stupid:
ashman

Post by ashman »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 11 Mar 2021, 09:16
ashman wrote: 11 Mar 2021, 09:06 This is purely down to Darren
:shock:
Once again you have missed the point. Going in the dressing room is 'purely down to Darren, Mark Robson, Tyler and any of the fitness coaches.'
The dressing room is the responsibility of the above. It is not dictated by any of them because if he really wanted to, DMac could quite happily walk into the dressing room. He owns the club but he has made the decision that he will not, under any circumstances impinge on that area.
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

If they're honest outside of the dressing room then it's fair to assume they're honest inside the dressing room, not difficult to understand really!