Two-thirds Thoughts

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Re: Two-thirds Thoughts

Post by ashman »

tonyp wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 23:12
ashman wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 07:55 that is just bristle being superstitious, as are many football fans, and he will not change his prediction while Posh continue to win!
It is not a prediction and bristle is not superstitious (he told me so).
... and tony believes anything that bristle tells him, even if it is a prediction! :wink:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

ashman wrote: 02 Mar 2021, 02:28tony believes anything that bristle tells him, even if it is a prediction! :wink:
You'd be surprised by some of the things bristle has told me!! :wink:
By the way, we are all waiting for your reply to Gaz's question-
Where do you think we should finish from this position then?
This is going to be worth waiting for
ashman

Post by ashman »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 22:49 :lol: :lol: Where do you think we should finish from this position then?
I think we should finish as league leaders from this position but football just isn't that simple, so that is not a hard and fast prediction.

'We MUST go up from this position,' is too strong IMO. I agree that dodgy decisions, suspensions, injuries or a poor playing surface are not excuses but factors if we don't go up. (suspensions could possibly be avoided!)
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

ashman wrote: 02 Mar 2021, 07:28 I think we should finish as league leaders from this position
I agree that dodgy decisions, suspensions, injuries or a poor playing surface are not excuses but factors if we don't go up. (suspensions could possibly be avoided!)
:stupid:
In fact I think I said something similar.
We SHOULD go up from this position. But, like it or not, dodgy decisions, suspensions or injuries CAN have an effect on our final position.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

tonyp wrote: 02 Mar 2021, 03:13
ashman wrote: 02 Mar 2021, 02:28tony believes anything that bristle tells him, even if it is a prediction! :wink:
You'd be surprised by some of the things bristle has told me!! :wink:
It is not thought of as a prediction by me, it’s laziness. As I’ve given up on any chance of winning the competition I am happier hoping to get it wrong. It seems like a superstition but I don’t think of it as that.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

ashman wrote: 02 Mar 2021, 07:28
Gaz_Miller wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 22:49 :lol: :lol: Where do you think we should finish from this position then?
I think we should finish as league leaders from this position but football just isn't that simple, so that is not a hard and fast prediction.

'We MUST go up from this position,' is too strong IMO. I agree that dodgy decisions, suspensions, injuries or a poor playing surface are not excuses but factors if we don't go up. (suspensions could possibly be avoided!)
When I say 'MUST', I mean it will be a disaster for the football club if we don't.

So 'must' and 'should' become the same thing. It will take losing more than half the remaining games to blow it now - if the predicted 85 points is enough
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
ashman

Post by ashman »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 02 Mar 2021, 12:14
ashman wrote: 02 Mar 2021, 07:28

When I say 'MUST', I mean it will be a disaster for the football club if we don't.

So 'must' and 'should' become the same thing. It will take losing more than half the remaining games to blow it now - if the predicted 85 points is enough
Let's go with that then! :D :wink:
Brianposh

Post by Brianposh »

A long way to go yet..............but is becoming interesting for sure.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
ashman

Post by ashman »

Brianposh wrote: 02 Mar 2021, 17:49 A long way to go yet..............but is becoming interesting for sure.
15 games to go, 7 away, 8 at home, 45 points still to be played for.
Jack Taylor out for at least 8 of those games, Flynn Clarke out for the rest of the season and JCH doubtful for this Saturday against Burton.
Interesting, but nail biting tbs!
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 12:21
Brianposh wrote: 02 Mar 2021, 17:49 A long way to go yet..............but is becoming interesting for sure.
15 games to go, 7 away, 8 at home, 45 points still to be played for.
Jack Taylor out for at least 8 of those games, Flynn Clarke out for the rest of the season and JCH doubtful for this Saturday against Burton.
Interesting, but nail biting tbs!
Sad news of the two definitely out. I wonder if Reed might get a start he did better for the short time he was on than Brown. Also up front I know he will probably start with Eisa, but it might benefit the way we try to play by playing Dembele as a false number nine and bringing in Burrows. I’d still like to see Mason given a start with Thompson moved into midfield.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Brown is a bigger concern than Hamilton for me. He had a very poor game last night, and it's not his first.

I really hope Louis Reed can step up to the plate. He makes the odd mistake, but he's a very good footballer.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
ashman

Post by ashman »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 03 Mar 2021, 14:53 Brown is a bigger concern than Hamilton for me. He had a very poor game last night, and it's not his first.
I really hope Louis Reed can step up to the plate. He makes the odd mistake, but he's a very good footballer.
Again, I agree to an extent. However, Brown is good when we are winning i.e. when all the team are on song. Louis Reed is one of the best passers of a ball in the squad and his vision is good. He may be a little lightweight but he is still young and with more experience could become a very good asset.
Hamilton was very good last night and I have no problem with him replacing Taylor in the middle of the park. Taylor has been a little 'off' anyway just recently!