Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

stumpy

Re: Posh v Wigan

Post by stumpy »

Harrison Burrows with a peach of a left foot...JCH and 1-1
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

What a comeback...Dembele is so dangerous, wins a dodgy penno and JCH slots it home....grinding it out...well done Posh and great subs Fergie
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

2-1. JCH with them both.
blueboro

Post by blueboro »

23goals for JCH !
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

That was a really, really good win from an average performance against a team fighting relegation....these are the type of wins that show we are going up and we are going to win the league !!!
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Posh won
Lincoln lost.
Wilco

Post by Wilco »

Great result, really didn’t think we’d come back after they scored.
Burrows starting to look like a very good player, direct, can spot a pass and puts himself about a bit.
Wilco

Post by Wilco »

tonyp wrote: 27 Feb 2021, 17:59 Posh won
Lincoln lost.
Always a good day when that happens :D
Cobblers lost too :clap:
Brianposh

Post by Brianposh »

Dreadful football game, Wigan have got eleven bully boys. We did not deserve to lose. A good 3 points in the end.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

stumpy wrote: 27 Feb 2021, 17:43 Harrison Burrows with a peach of a left foot...JCH and 1-1
Once again my IBS has come to Posh's aid, at Plymouth and now again against Wigan I have been sat in the smallest room when Posh got their first goal. I look forward to seeing it on the highlights
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
BanburyPosh

Post by BanburyPosh »

Everything going in our favour pretty much again, all of our main rivals apart from Hull dropped points again. Lincoln, Doncaster and Portsmouth trying their level best to finish mid-table with their current form.
Sign of a decent side though winning ugly as there was only one team looking to win the game today and one desperately trying to spoil it. How they only got one yellow with 26 fouls I’m not sure! Anybody remind me why JCH and Dembele got yellows as I must have dropped off?
On the plus side we were fortunate with the soft penalty. We’d have been pretty miffed if that was down the other end. Anyway on to another banana skin at Oxford. I think this may be a real tough one.

:clap: :comeon: :clap:
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

Great performance full of grit and character. Beating side who are scrapping for everything is a sign of a good side. Well played Posh and I think the Burrows and Dembele link up down the left is going to serve us well in the run in. This side isn't as good as the Fergie sides of 2009 & 2011, but I am getting excited.
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

On the plus side we were fortunate with the soft penalty. We’d have been pretty miffed if that was down the other end. Anyway on to another banana skin at Oxford. I think this may be a real tough one.

I think there could be quite a few potential banana skins between now and the end of the season. Hopefully we want slip up too many times.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

We seem to have picked up a winning habit, which is good, but on occasion our midfield often looks likely to get overrun. I was impressed by the speed and directness of what I thought were supposed to be a very poor Wigan side, in fact if they hadn’t infringed quite so often they may well have won. They had the best goal of the game, they had a couple of very storable chances inside the penalty area, defenders and keepers are there to stop goals, and apart from the goal they managed to do that. Four points clear, onwards and upwards.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 27 Feb 2021, 18:40
stumpy wrote: 27 Feb 2021, 17:43 Harrison Burrows with a peach of a left foot...JCH and 1-1
Once again my IBS has come to Posh's aid, at Plymouth and now again against Wigan I have been sat in the smallest room when Posh got their first goal. I look forward to seeing it on the highlights
Well I don't - oh you mean the goal!

'Everybody needs to have a friend'