Posh v Wigan

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Posh v Wigan

Post by bristleposh »

I may be being over-sensitive, especially as we have been in such sparkling form, I think it is about this time we usually have our nosebleed. Wigan look ripe for the taking, to hopefully extend our impressive scoring record, but I have it in my head that this looks like a solid goalless draw. If I was still betting I think I'd have a few quid on the correct score market. I hope I'm wrong of course.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller

Re: Posh v Wigan

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Must beat Wigan.

March is looking a lot harder than February did...

Oxford (A)
Burton (A)
Hull (H)
Portsmouth (H)
Rochdale (A)
Blackpool (A)
Accrington (H)

...I think we'll know if it's automatics or play-offs in 8 games time.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

Have we ever been top of this division at this stage of the season?

The Republic of Ireland have World cup qualifiers scheduled for March 24 and 27. Presumably this means that Taylor is likely to miss the Rochdale, Blackpool and Accrington fixtures....
ashman

Post by ashman »

JohnC wrote: 24 Feb 2021, 12:56 Have we ever been top of this division at this stage of the season?

The Republic of Ireland have World cup qualifiers scheduled for March 24 and 27. Presumably this means that Taylor is likely to miss the Rochdale, Blackpool and Accrington fixtures....
Now that is NOT good news - for him maybe but for us not so good! :?
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 24 Feb 2021, 13:32
JohnC wrote: 24 Feb 2021, 12:56 Have we ever been top of this division at this stage of the season?

Now that is NOT good news - for him maybe but for us not so good! :?
I think we found out that Hamilton and Brown are not the answer, perhaps bringing in Mason and moving Thompson into the Taylor role.
they're a prat!
ashman

Post by ashman »

Peterborough United v Wigan Athletic Saturday 27th. February (15:00)

REFEREE: THOMAS BRAMALL

ASSISTANT REFEREES: Joe Clark and David Hunt

Fourth Official: Stephen Wade
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

bristleposh wrote: 24 Feb 2021, 10:02 I may be being over-sensitive, especially as we have been in such sparkling form, I think it is about this time we usually have our nosebleed. Wigan look ripe for the taking, to hopefully extend our impressive scoring record, but I have it in my head that this looks like a solid goalless draw. If I was still betting I think I'd have a few quid on the correct score market. I hope I'm wrong of course.
We have a bit of leeway to drop a few points in the run though as only Donny have games in hand on us and we play them twice. Everyone else we have 7 or 8 points on except Hull who've played 2 games more. We won't win very game but dropping points here & there won't be a disaster as long as we don't go on one of our losing runs or play like we did against bl00dy Chorley.

Would be better to drop points against Wigan, Burton or Rochdale than self proclaimed giants and media darlings Portsmouth & Sunderland
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

if anyone else was called up for international duty (even for Malta's U12s) we can postpone the games just like Donny have done :wink:
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Unchanged team for today’s game
they're a prat!
blueboro

Post by blueboro »

Can we expect another 3 goals second half ?
😅
OBM

Post by OBM »

Pitch looking slightly better
blueboro

Post by blueboro »

Plymouth 2-0 up on Lincoln 15mins in .. hopefully we can stretch our lead
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Like a lot of teams who have done their homework, Wigan are aggressive in the press and niggling away with fouls but working hard. Jack Taylor and Sammie Szmodics both very poor....Reece Brown looks like he'd rather bottle the 50/50s....bit lucky to be 0-0 at H/T
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

I'm hoping that this will be another game where we win it in the second half.
The first goal in the second half will be the winning goal.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

And Wigan scored it. We need a goal quick smart to get a draw out of this. Two would be even better.
And Lincoln are winning.
Last edited by tonyp on 27 Feb 2021, 17:46, edited 1 time in total.