Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

stumpy

Re: PLYMOUTH ARGYLE v POSH

Post by stumpy »

TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!!
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Oh yes, Ward again and a tap in for Clarke Harris....both Plymouth and their commentators haven't realized that we have gone 4-4-2 :-)
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

This is an incredible performance...Jack Taylor with a worldy :-)
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Top of the league and a brilliant win with some great football...Joe Ward, Sammie Szmodics, Jack Taylor all immense but every player was excellent...great stuff!!!
Narrowboat Dave

Post by Narrowboat Dave »

Great win, good to see us at the top of the table, and with a better goal difference by some way. Keep it going.
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

As good as I’ve seen us for a long time. Absolutely battered a not too shabby team.
After Saturday, the fixtures get interesting, so really need to be at it for a while yet.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
Brianposh

Post by Brianposh »

And only 'played' 45 minutes. Good show Posh we are on the right road, keep at it.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister »

It's turned into a serous title push, hitting form at exactly the right time. Just a pity there's no fans to see it
ashman

Post by ashman »

Brianposh wrote: 23 Feb 2021, 22:44 And only 'played' 45 minutes. Good show Posh we are on the right road, keep at it.
A touch harsh Brian. Although the first half ended 0-0, Posh played to a high standard and were unlucky not to go in at least a goal up. Twice Sammy should have scored, although on the first chance he was 'sort of' fouled as he was shooting. His later strike after being released by JCH was awful! Sammy made up for it in the second half after Frankie Kent's superb long ball to Ward and his cross was met by him, getting in the right place for a tap in.
He then played an almost killer pass out to Ward, who again provided the cross for JCH to time his run perfectly to score. To cap a very good night Taylor was back to his best showing Sammie how to finish with a 25 yard thunderbolt to provide us with the best all round performance of the season. Special mention must be given out to Siriki Dembele who completely bamboozled the Plymouth midfield and defence time and again. Not forgetting Christy Pym who made two good attempts at keeping a clean sheet, the second in the second half was almost Gordon Banks-esque!
The whole team were very solid and it was a pleasure watching last night.
I only hope that we can keep this sort of performance up for the next 17 games - not an easy thing to do! Sunderland seem to be the team in form atm but Doncaster, who looked to be invincible until a while ago, have only secured one point from the last twelve. I tell you, there will be many twists to come yet in this fascinating league.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

ashman wrote: 24 Feb 2021, 06:51
Brianposh wrote: 23 Feb 2021, 22:44 And only 'played' 45 minutes. Good show Posh we are on the right road, keep at it.
A touch harsh Brian.
I only hope that we can keep this sort of performance up for the next 17 games - not an easy thing to do!
Harsh or not it does seem that we are playing better in the second half lately.
But if we can keep it up for the next 17 games (and winning) no-one is going to complain.
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Ridiculous comment. We could easily have gone in at least one up.
I’m trying to think of a better 90 minute performance this season.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
daib0

Post by daib0 »

bravoo my friends!!!
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

those goals last night, one word WOW!!!! especially the move for the 2nd one, what a ball by Sammie then Wardy. Reminds me of a goal Chelsea scored at Liverpool in a Champions League game in 2009 involving Ballack, Malouda & Drogba which I remember SKY Sports drooling over (quite rightly to be fair), hopefully JCH's goal is on a loop on Sky Sports News all day, absolute quality and so pleased Sammie has found his mojo as they say.

https://youtu.be/xB90JXuiL94 only clip I could find at 5:22
Last edited by HantsPosh on 24 Feb 2021, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

HantsPosh wrote: 24 Feb 2021, 16:23 those goals last night, one word WOW!!!! especially the move for the 2nd one, what a ball by Sammie then Wardy. Reminds me of a goal Chelsea scored at Liverpool in a Champions League game in 2009 involving Ballack, Malouda & Drogba which I remember SKY Sports drooling over (quite rightly to be fair), hopefully JCH's goal is on a loop on Sky Sports News all day, absolute quality and so pleased Sammie has found his mojo as they say.
Do you really think Sky Sports are interested in League 1 football. Its just money making premiership their more interested in!!
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Not the best of angles but another view of the game https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wnvYXxee668
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!