Posh v Gillingham

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Wilco

Re: Posh v Gillingham

Post by Wilco »

Good grief, watching Gillingham reminded me of a few seasons ago when Steve Evans put a Posh team out to huff and puff for 45 minutes, hoof the ball up front, score a goal or two before showing zilch in the second half. Thank god he got the boot.
We were atrocious first half. I’ve always thought the Eisa would improve given a few games but he was terrible tonight, maybe not his type of game but he needs to adapt. What a transformation 2nd half, well done Fergie a brilliant result, especially as I was getting grief at half time from a mate who supports Portsmouth :lol:
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 16 Feb 2021, 20:51 Much better second half. Lucky to go in only one down, but credit to all for turning it around.
I think you’ll find it was the manager who turned it round by having a plan b. One substitution, and going from 3-4-3, to 4-4-2
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Steamy Nin

Post by Steamy Nin »

IF the Government decide tonight to stop football for the rest of the season, they can cos we are up on points per game. COYP.
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

bristleposh wrote: 16 Feb 2021, 21:30
Gaz_Miller wrote: 16 Feb 2021, 20:51 Much better second half. Lucky to go in only one down, but credit to all for turning it around.
I think you’ll find it was the manager who turned it round by having a plan b. One substitution, and going from 3-4-3, to 4-4-2
Let's face it, easiest managerial decision of Fergie's tenure at Posh....
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

stumpy wrote: 17 Feb 2021, 19:22 Let's face it, easiest managerial decision of Fergie's tenure at Posh....
:stupid: It's good when have a manager we can trust to make decisions look easy.
Wilco

Post by Wilco »

stumpy wrote: 17 Feb 2021, 19:22
bristleposh wrote: 16 Feb 2021, 21:30
Let's face it, easiest managerial decision of Fergie's tenure at Posh....
Yep, no point giving credit where it’s due.
Didn’t see big Steve making any game changing tactical decisions.....
ashman

Post by ashman »

Wilco wrote: 18 Feb 2021, 18:11 Yep, no point giving credit where it’s due.
Didn’t see big Steve making any game changing tactical decisions.....
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap2:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Wilco wrote: 18 Feb 2021, 18:11 Didn’t see big Steve making any game changing tactical decisions.....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

What, like choosing which multi-million pound forward to bring on?

Why do we have more than our fair share of people who just don't understand it?
Last edited by Gaz_Miller on 19 Feb 2021, 16:25, edited 1 time in total.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
ashman

Post by ashman »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 19 Feb 2021, 15:17
Wilco wrote: 18 Feb 2021, 18:11 Didn’t see big Steve making any game changing tactical decisions.....

Why do we have more than our fair of people who just don't understand it?
Maybe because you keep on posting? :wink:
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

I can imagine how bad the board would be without moderation. The fact that Steve Evans is a reasonable lower league manager, certainly doesn’t put him on a par with someone who has more than one plan and can organise his players to play football as opposed to kick and rush
they're a prat!
Wilco

Post by Wilco »

I do understand it. You and Stumpy don’t like Fergie and seek any opportunity to have a sly dig, which is fine because you are entitled to your opinion, I just think you’re wrong.
ashman

Post by ashman »

Wilco wrote: 19 Feb 2021, 19:24

I do understand it. You and Stumpy don’t like Fergie and seek any opportunity to have a sly dig, which is fine because you are entitled to your opinion, I just think you’re wrong.
Well said sir!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Wilco wrote: 19 Feb 2021, 19:24

You said you didn’t see Big Steve make any game changing decisions. With your superior knowledge of the game, what do you think he should have done?
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Change of shape to match up Posh's new shape
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

bristleposh wrote: 19 Feb 2021, 23:46 Change of shape to match up Posh's new shape
He explained that wasn’t possible because our players are far superior to anybody he can afford & they would have got totally overrun. He said he tried two up top to at least try to stop our momentum.

In reality, it’s like under-11 football without crowds. The best players should always win.

Personally, I think Evans is massively overachieving at Gillingham. He can’t even put enough subs out some weeks.
― Unarine Ramaru