Posh v Gillingham

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

tonyp

Posh v Gillingham

Post by tonyp »

Match Preview
https://www.theposh.com/news/2021/febru ... 16-feb-21/
We have trained over the weekend and are looking to improve on our away form with five of the next seven on the road, we know we need to,” Darren Ferguson said.
Posh received some good news with the return to fitness of Siriki Dembele, who trained on Saturday after missing the victory over Ipswich Town with a sore knee. Ferguson confirmed the former Grimsby man would have missed the clash at Blackpool had it escaped the weather but will be available for selection at Gillingham. Ronnie Edwards remains on track as he recovers from a thigh injury but is not close to a return to fitness.
“Posh are a quality outfit, a good manager with an outstanding squad of players. Chairman Darragh MacAnthony gives his managers every tool they ask for and that is why they were the biggest spenders in the transfer market last summer.

“Good players in every position and mostly an equal back up if they go out injured or lose form, so it’s going to be a big challenge for us. We will train and prepare a plan like we did for Charlton, execute that effectively gives us the chance but, like Lincoln, they are a top top team,” Steve Evans said.
Gaz_Miller

Re: Posh v Gillingham

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Good old Big Steve. Forever grateful to him for bringing Ivan to the club & making us millions.

Sad he got the sack whilst we were in the play-offs. Thankfully, we don't do that anymore.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 16 Feb 2021, 13:21 Good old Big Steve. Forever grateful to him for bringing Ivan to the club & making us millions.

Sad he got the sack whilst we were in the play-offs. Thankfully, we don't do that anymore.
Did you really enjoy watching Posh when that embarrassment was in charge.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 16 Feb 2021, 14:35
Gaz_Miller wrote: 16 Feb 2021, 13:21 Good old Big Steve. Forever grateful to him for bringing Ivan to the club & making us millions.

Did you really enjoy watching Posh when that embarrassment was in charge.
I certainly didn't. He was an embarrassment to the club in many ways!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Well, I've heard from our fantastic supporters that Darren Ferguson is the king & Steve Evans was an absolute failure.

Given the fact that Fergie has had multi-million pound backing, and Evans can't even name enough subs, tonight should be an absolute breeze.

Anything less then there will be questions to answer.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Unchanged team Dembele back on the bench.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

look at the grass on that pitch....... :clap2:
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

No commentary?????
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Just saw the setting to home commentary
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Oh boy, losing 1-0 and we're not at the races at all
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Harsh penalty but thoroughly deserved lead. We’re not in it
― Unarine Ramaru
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

That was shocking. Only positive it’s only 1-0
― Unarine Ramaru
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Well that was *****......
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Another mid-table team that is well organized and managed to press us high up the pitch and we get out fought and out thought....maybe a back wind 2nd half will turn this around but that was dreadful....
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Well, that's changed things....Nathan Thompson cross shot is spilled and JCH mops up - 1-1 ....get in