SHREWSBURY TOWN v POSH Saturday 30th. January (15:00)

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Gaz_Miller

Re: SHREWSBURY TOWN v POSH Saturday 30th. January (15:00)

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Really poor so far. Need to improve
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Pleased to get in at half-time 0-0.

Come on Fergie - rocket up the ar*e time.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister »

Bugger, given the ball away and we're 1-0 down
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Deserved lead for Shrewsbury
― Unarine Ramaru
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

This should be 3 or 4 nil. We look just as bad as we did in November
― Unarine Ramaru
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Blake-Tracey is absolute gash
― Unarine Ramaru
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

2-0

Pathetic Ferguson
― Unarine Ramaru
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Strange how different people see different things, FBT certainly was a better attacking option than Butler, he made a terrible defensive gash that cost us a goal, otherwise he was OK. Pym did well apart from for the goals, he really doesn’t seem to like Taylor. Today shows how much we miss Kent, and how weak we are in central midfield without Taylor, once again Szmodics was awful he needs a rest and sadly RJJ doesn’t seem to be as good as we hoped, perhaps on Tuesday Flynn Clarke will play.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

bristleposh wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 18:15 Strange how different people see different things, FBT certainly was a better attacking option than Butler, he made a terrible defensive gash that cost us a goal, otherwise he was OK. Pym did well apart from for the goals, he really doesn’t seem to like Taylor. Today shows how much we miss Kent, and how weak we are in central midfield without Taylor, once again Szmodics was awful he needs a rest and sadly RJJ doesn’t seem to be as good as we hoped, perhaps on Tuesday Flynn Clarke will play.
All we needed is for Pym to keep a clean sheet and for JCH, Szmodics and Eisa to score one each and we would have won.
5 points dropped last two games against teams close to the relegation zone.
Not happy.
No doubt we'll give Tranmere a hiding but it won't help our league position.
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

bristleposh wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 18:15 Strange how different people see different things, FBT certainly was a better attacking option than Butler, he made a terrible defensive gash that cost us a goal, otherwise he was OK. Pym did well apart from for the goals, he really doesn’t seem to like Taylor. Today shows how much we miss Kent, and how weak we are in central midfield without Taylor, once again Szmodics was awful he needs a rest and sadly RJJ doesn’t seem to be as good as we hoped, perhaps on Tuesday Flynn Clarke will play.
If we haven't sold him by then
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

I think the most worrying thing for me today was not just the inept and lacklustre performance, but the lack of impact our substitutions had on the game. Made no difference whatsoever when they came on. I don't think our squad is as talented as our hierarchy seem to think it is.
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

RJJ is becoming a bit of a worry.

If he's worth 'millions', then he should be tearing League One defences a new one.

At least Eisa put himself about a bit.
― Unarine Ramaru
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

Central midfield is also a concern. Taylor gets through so much work, but unfortunately he's a one man show. Depending how bad his injury is, I think we badly need to strengthen in this department. Brown not the player he was last season. Hamilton hot and cold. Who else is there????
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

pleasureboy60 wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 21:22 Central midfield is also a concern. Taylor gets through so much work, but unfortunately he's a one man show. Depending how bad his injury is, I think we badly need to strengthen in this department. Brown not the player he was last season. Hamilton hot and cold. Who else is there????
I think Louis Reed is better than Hamilton. I'd certainly give him 90 minutes at Tranmere.
― Unarine Ramaru
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Very interesting to see that MacAnthony was very critical of both the players AND the management after Saturday's horror show.

It's good to see those that matter don't just brush off these defeats
― Unarine Ramaru