Posh v Portsmouth (Papa John's)

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Re: Posh v Portsmouth (Papa John's)

Post by ashman »

Bluemike wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 20:00
Malcdelsol wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 19:51 Wow - Posh ( Fergie ) is taking this game seriously.
Virtually your full first team against 10 changes (& 5 teenagers) for Pompey.
I asked for you to dump us out of this pointless
competition but take it easy on our kids please 😝🤣
That's probably because KJ is applying common sense and saving his 1st team for the push for promotion. Fergie, on the other hand, has been instructed to do the opposite.
Ridiculous comment. :roll:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

I’m surprised we started with so many first choice players, perhaps it’s like pre season where he’s trying to get minutes into them after a lay off since mid December. I prefer the look of Hamilton and Taylor in the middle, Dembele seems to have turned up, perhaps there are scouts in the stand. According to Chris Dowsett, Steve Evans is there :clap: :clap2: :clap:
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Bluemike

Post by Bluemike »

ashman wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 20:54
Malcdelsol wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 19:51 Wow - Posh ( Fergie ) is taking this game seriously.
Virtually your full first team against 10 changes (& 5 teenagers) for Pompey.
I asked for you to dump us out of this pointless
competition but take it easy on our kids please 😝🤣
That's probably because KJ is applying common sense and saving his 1st team for the push for promotion. Fergie, on the other hand, has been instructed to do the opposite.
Anticipated response :roll:
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

5-1 five different goal scorers
they're a prat!
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

bristleposh wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 21:57 5-1 five different goal scorers
Six different goal scorers
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Malcdelsol wrote: 10 Jan 2021, 22:40 Us Pompey fans have absolutely no interest in progressing in this competition.
We won it 2 seasons ago and are also in the yet to be played final from last season. With over 50,000 tickets sold for the final ( mine are in the drawer ) someone is sitting on approx £2million as the EFL will not cancel the game.
PLEASE win Tuesday’s game & boot us out 👍
Blimey that was close! I bet you started to worry when Pompey scored that goal. They could have netted another 4 and it would have gone to penalties.
ashman

Post by ashman »

Bluemike wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 21:53
ashman wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 20:54

Anticipated response :roll:
Never let you down! :wink:
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Bluemike wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 20:00 KJ is applying common sense and saving his 1st team for the push for promotion. Fergie, on the other hand, has been instructed to do the opposite.
No doubt Fergie (and DMac) wanted to win this game. DMac does like to collect the silverware.
But Fergie definitely wouldn't have been instructed to not push for promotion.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Dembele played a lot better, Szmodics kept up his improved form, Ward showed how much we’ve missed him, Hamilton and Taylor looked a lot stronger in the engine house, two brilliant free kicks. This was against a very poor side, so that has to be taken into the equation, Pym probably had his worst game for a long time, apart from one brilliant point blank save. Thompson will be a big miss against MK, but had it not been for his actions we may well have lost the game at Lincoln.
they're a prat!
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 13 Jan 2021, 08:36 Dembele played a lot better, Szmodics kept up his improved form, Ward showed how much we’ve missed him, Hamilton and Taylor looked a lot stronger in the engine house, two brilliant free kicks. This was against a very poor side, so that has to be taken into the equation, Pym probably had his worst game for a long time, apart from one brilliant point blank save. Thompson will be a big miss against MK, but had it not been for his actions we may well have lost the game at Lincoln.
Thompson has been the stand out player all season. Unfortunately he does seem to be a touch injury prone (maybe because he is always 100% committed to a tackle) and also picks up red and yellow cards for a similar reason. If only all our players showed the same sort of commitment as Nathan!
Brianposh

Post by Brianposh »

A very good entertaining game. All the players were showing total commitment and obviously enjoyed their game. Much more input by them all, the passing more accurate and teamwork excellent.

p.s. My computer 'packed up' Monday evening and refused to function,but I managed to get up and running with i follow 30 minutes before kick-off. Phew!!!
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Very good open game. Joe Ward showed why we have been missing him. Thompson was excellent and pretty much everybody played well. Not sure about how serious we take this pizza trophy but hopefully built some confidence. Portsmouth clearly focusing on the league.