It's always about the Money

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: It's always about the Money

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 13:00
bristleposh wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 12:33 Most of them, yes, Real Madrid sold Ronaldo, Barcelona sold Figo and Neymar, Liverpool sold Courtino and Suarez and many others, the few who don’t need to sell, if in fact they don’t are bankrolled by Arabs, even Manure supposedly the biggest club in the world sold Cristiano Ronaldo at the top of his career.now you name a few that are not?
Every example you gave fits into...

Every club sells if the player wants away or the club no longer wants them, because it's in nobody's interest to keep them. That does NOT make them a selling club.

...so, not every club is a selling club. You agree with my original statement yet blamed it on my 'attitude'.

Sometimes it gets boring being right all the time :wink:
I see you have named lots of clubs that are not selling clubs
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
ashman

Post by ashman »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 13:00
bristleposh wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 12:33 Most of them, yes, Real Madrid sold Ronaldo, Barcelona sold Figo and Neymar, Liverpool sold Courtino and Suarez and many others, the few who don’t need to sell, if in fact they don’t are bankrolled by Arabs, even Manure supposedly the biggest club in the world sold Cristiano Ronaldo at the top of his career.now you name a few that are not?
Every example you gave fits into...
Every club sells if the player wants away or the club no longer wants them, because it's in nobody's interest to keep them. That does NOT make them a selling club.
...so, not every club is a selling club. You agree with my original statement yet blamed it on my 'attitude'.
Sometimes it gets boring being right all the time :wink:
A great answer to bristle's question! .... and once again we await an answer. Gaz, you would make a superb Labour politician!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

It is difficult to argue if people can't read.

Real Madrid, Barcelona, Liverpool & Man Utd were mentioned by Bristle.
And I said... "every example you gave fits into not a selling club"

There are loads & loads more, but if you don't understand, why should I waste my time typing?
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
ashman

Post by ashman »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 15:38 It is difficult to argue if people can't read.

There are loads & loads more, but if you don't understand, why should I waste my time typing?
Brilliant!!!!!! You try writing it and I'll show bristle how to read your opinions. Is that OK Nick? :D :wink:
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

ashman wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 17:22
Gaz_Miller wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 15:38 It is difficult to argue if people can't read.

Brilliant!!!!!! You try writing it and I'll show bristle how to read your opinions. Is that OK Nick? :D :wink:
Let me try and work it out, I’m a bit slow, what you are saying is they sell players but they are not selling clubs, we buy players but we’re not a buying club? No, I don’t get it. Money makes the World go round, if we don’t sell players for a profit we can’t recruit new players. It is exactly the same for the clubs I mentioned. The four clubs above you can add PSG and Juventus.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 17:50
ashman wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 17:22

Let me try and work it out, I’m a bit slow, what you are saying is they sell players but they are not selling clubs, we buy players but we’re not a buying club? No, I don’t get it. Money makes the World go round, if we don’t sell players for a profit we can’t recruit new players. It is exactly the same for the clubs I mentioned. The four clubs above you can add PSG and Juventus.
Well done sir. You are awarded a gold star!

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Bless
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
Bluemike

Post by Bluemike »

The Gold Star Award for brizzle changes nothing. We're still a selling club.
ashman

Post by ashman »

Bluemike wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 20:21 The Gold Star Award for brizzle changes nothing. We're still a selling club.
As are all football clubs!
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Not all clubs are selling clubs. Most clubs sell players. We have a stated strategy of looking for players that we can improve with the stated goal of selling them for a huge profit. It's different when it's a strategy than when it is tactical. Simple really.
ashman

Post by ashman »

stumpy wrote: 13 Jan 2021, 21:56 Not all clubs are selling clubs. Most clubs sell players. We have a stated strategy of looking for players that we can improve with the stated goal of selling them for a huge profit. It's different when it's a strategy than when it is tactical. Simple really.
All clubs sell players. Most do this as a prerequisite to either or both improve their team and also to produce a profit for their club. We are no different and in general we do it better than a lot of clubs.
The balance of improving the team as opposed to supporting the club financially is where the questions appear. Dmac and co. look after our club financially superbly. Some fans would rather they put emphasis on the playing part of the club. It's all a question of balance.
I would rather see Posh operating in the manner of definitely being able to survive rather than seeing us struggle to pay players each month ala Derby County and many other clubs that are struggling to manage the future existence of their club.
I know that we all would like to see Posh playing regularly in the Championship but realistically we can only see ourselves as a top end League One team that flirts with the next division up. Slowly we are getting there and we need to have that new stadium to even think about staying in the Championship. It's a bit of a chicken and egg situation. We need that stadium but need to be playing in the Championship to fund and maintain it. Which way do you fall?