Lincoln v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18905
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Lincoln v Posh

Post by ashman »

pleasureboy60 wrote: 10 Jan 2021, 15:58 Championship football might be a lucrative pipedream for our owners, but in reality we are a million miles off from being a Championship club, new ground or not.
Like I've said many times on this site, buying cheap and selling to the highest bidder will always prioritise promotion. Division 1 is our level and will be for many years to come!!
You're probably right but we all hope you are wrong! :comeon:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Bluemike
Posts: 128
Joined: 09 Jan 2020, 20:04

Re: Lincoln v Posh

Post by Bluemike »

ashman wrote: 10 Jan 2021, 16:47
pleasureboy60 wrote: 10 Jan 2021, 15:58 Championship football might be a lucrative pipedream for our owners, but in reality we are a million miles off from being a Championship club, new ground or not.
Like I've said many times on this site, buying cheap and selling to the highest bidder will always prioritise promotion. Division 1 is our level and will be for many years to come!!
You're probably right but we all hope you are wrong! :comeon:
I feel exactly the same way and I've said the same on this subject.

I'd also like to say, right or wrong, that I want to continue to take my 2 grandsons to LR and come away happy having seen us win. That will ideally encourage them to be Posh fans in the future. If we go up with a depleted side and get hammered every week, they're not going to want to come. So unless the club changes the selling policy that it has followed for the last decade, I'm resigned (and happy) to follow a decent League 1 team.
User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18905
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Lincoln v Posh

Post by ashman »

Bluemike wrote: 10 Jan 2021, 20:30 I feel exactly the same way and I've said the same on this subject.
I'd also like to say, right or wrong, that I want to continue to take my 2 grandsons to LR and come away happy having seen us win. That will ideally encourage them to be Posh fans in the future. If we go up with a depleted side and get hammered every week, they're not going to want to come. So unless the club changes the selling policy that it has followed for the last decade, I'm resigned (and happy) to follow a decent League 1 team.
That sounds like you are trying to blackmail the club! :wink:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Bluemike
Posts: 128
Joined: 09 Jan 2020, 20:04

Re: Lincoln v Posh

Post by Bluemike »

ashman wrote: 10 Jan 2021, 21:48
Bluemike wrote: 10 Jan 2021, 20:30 I feel exactly the same way and I've said the same on this subject.
I'd also like to say, right or wrong, that I want to continue to take my 2 grandsons to LR and come away happy having seen us win. That will ideally encourage them to be Posh fans in the future. If we go up with a depleted side and get hammered every week, they're not going to want to come. So unless the club changes the selling policy that it has followed for the last decade, I'm resigned (and happy) to follow a decent League 1 team.
That sounds like you are trying to blackmail the club! :wink:
That sounds like you are Dmacs moderator :wink:
User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 20987
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Tanah Merah, Queensland

Re: Lincoln v Posh

Post by tonyp »

Bluemike wrote: 10 Jan 2021, 20:30 So unless the club changes the selling policy that it has followed for the last decade, I'm resigned (and happy) to follow a decent League 1 team.
Well it's not likely to while DMac is the decision maker.
I hope we'll make the second division again but, like you, I'll still be a Posh fan and follow them in the third division.
Gaz_Miller
Posts: 1070
Joined: 19 Mar 2019, 11:56

Re: Lincoln v Posh

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Bluemike wrote: 10 Jan 2021, 20:30 So unless the club changes the selling policy that it has followed for the last decade, I'm resigned (and happy) to follow a decent League 1 team.
I'm with you Mike, although I'd follow more at a distance.

The 'build them up & sell as high as possible' is boring me now. No other club has adopted this policy, so what makes it so right?

However, it's up to the owner & if it's right for him then it means somebody has to oust him before it changes.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
User avatar
ashman
Posts: 18905
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Lincoln v Posh

Post by ashman »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 09:18
Bluemike wrote: 10 Jan 2021, 20:30 So unless the club changes the selling policy that it has followed for the last decade, I'm resigned (and happy) to follow a decent League 1 team.
I'm with you Mike, although I'd follow more at a distance.

The 'build them up & sell as high as possible' is boring me now. No other club has adopted this policy, so what makes it so right?

However, it's up to the owner & if it's right for him then it means somebody has to oust him before it changes.
That won't be you or your clique! If you are so bored now, I suggest you leave it well alone and let those who agree with the policy to get on with it.

p.s. I bet that if we go on a run of wins and look like we are about to get promoted, you will come crawling back. After all I guess that you are a lifelong Posh fan?!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Post Reply