Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Post by ashman »

I wish you all the very best for the coming months. 2020 has been a very trying year, both socially and in football terms! Things can only get better!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W3yz6abJkU
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
PoshCynic

Re: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Post by PoshCynic »

Best wishes to one and all for Christmas and the New Year.
Brianposh

Post by Brianposh »

Happy Christmas and a better New Year to all. It WILL be better in 2021.
Special thanks to ASHMAN for Moderating this Forum.
A quiet holiday Dave, like us. We will get together early next Year.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Merry, Boozy Christmas to all, hope 2021 will be better, it can’t be any worse.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Bluemike

Post by Bluemike »

Special needs Boxer send slobber and love to all on this forum
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

tonyp wrote: 19 Dec 2020, 01:23 Somebody had to be first.

Most of us will remember the Queen referring to 1992 as an “annus horribilis,” .

Well 2020 has been a pretty horrible year for all of us.
We are not currently in lockdown which I know many in the UK are.

Nevertheless, I hope all Poshies have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Looking forward to 2021 seeing us promoted to the Championship.

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister »

Happy Xmas to you all :)
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Wishing all a very Happy and Safe Christmas...to Poshies everywhere!!!

Very quiet here on the East Coast of the USA with family
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

I don't know about anyone else on here, but I'm slowly but surely losing interest in footie and Posh. The way things are at present, I can't see fans been allowed in grounds again this season and the more worrying issue is that the longer this Covid situation worsens, the less interested fans will get. I also think once we are allowed back in grounds, I can see attendances dwindling because people will have lost touch with following their local teams and found other interests to pass their time away. I can also see another farcical end to this season like last, if this current postponement of games continues.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

pleasureboy60 wrote: 26 Dec 2020, 20:05 I don't know about anyone else on here, but I'm slowly but surely losing interest in footie and Posh. The way things are at present, I can't see fans been allowed in grounds again this season and the more worrying issue is that the longer this Covid situation worsens, the less interested fans will get. I also think once we are allowed back in grounds, I can see attendances dwindling because people will have lost touch with following their local teams and found other interests to pass their time away. I can also see another farcical end to this season like last, if this current postponement of games continues.
I couldn't agree less with most of that.
losing interest in footie and Posh. - not me
the longer this Covid situation worsens, the less interested fans will get - not the real fans
I can see attendances dwindling - only temporarily
another farcical end to this season like last - quite possibly!!
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

Realistically, we are looking at mid August now before football grounds will be allowed to have their full quota of fans back and I think by then people's priorities will no longer be about football. I think many people will sacrifice the game for holidays abroad and other luxuries which they haven't been able to afford during the Covid situation. You have also got to remember that many people have lost their jobs and their livelyhooods during this awful time and I personally think football will be near the bottom of their financial agenda.
If our beloved chairman is feeling the financial pinch, then imagine how some of our not quite so wealthy supporters are finding it a struggle. Football is going to take a massive hit because of Covid and whether it will ever recover remains to be seen!
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

pleasureboy60 wrote: 27 Dec 2020, 10:33 Realistically, we are looking at mid August now before football grounds will be allowed to have their full quota of fans back and I think by then people's priorities will no longer be about football. I think many people will sacrifice the game for holidays abroad and other luxuries which they haven't been able to afford during the Covid situation. You have also got to remember that many people have lost their jobs and their livelyhooods during this awful time and I personally think football will be near the bottom of their financial agenda.
If our beloved chairman is feeling the financial pinch, then imagine how some of our not quite so wealthy supporters are finding it a struggle. Football is going to take a massive hit because of Covid and whether it will ever recover remains to be seen!
They'll probably end up like me, leaving home ending up halfway across the country with little money and no chance to visit the ground until things like kids left home. I'm 73 and my first holiday abroad as an adult didn't come until either 1999 or 2000 (shows how bad my memory has got). I love going abroad and certainly look forward to going again as soon as I can, hopefully in May when my first sojourn is anticipated.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!