Posh v Ipswich

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Posh v Ipswich

Post by ashman »

Not going - now!!!!

Peterborough United v Ipswich Town Saturday 19th. December (15:00)

REFEREE: BEN TONER

ASSISTANT REFEREES: Stuart Butler and Stephen Finch

Fourth Official: Alistair Nelson
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
tonyp

Re: Posh v Ipswich

Post by tonyp »

I know people think it's too early in the season to put too much significance on the current league table but it is, nevertheless, good to see Posh up there near the top.
Tonight (Friday) Hull are at home to Portsmouth and chances are that Portsmouth will win and go to the top of the table.
If Posh beat Ipswich on Saturday we'll go to second place again.
If Ipswich pull off an unlikely victory over Posh then Lincoln, Doncaster and Charlton will have the chance to push us out of the top six.
That's why I think tis is a must win game.
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

I agree with Tony, this is a must win game. Frankly, I don't think Ipswich are the higher league club that their history would suggest and thy have some injuries and financial problems. We need a response from the awful display on Tuesday and I would expect Szmodics and Butler to return with Kanu still at wing back...Dembele might be benched for Eisa as well....Szmodics needs to turn up and as a former Colchester player, he will most likely bag a hat trick! Therefore, Posh to win 3-0 with Szmodics X3 and all will be well in the house... :clap:
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

I assume Thompson will be back, which will be harsh on Edwards who along with Kent were the only two who looked like potential promotion-type players. Unless Fergie wakes up and gives Beever's a rest.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
thediceman

Post by thediceman »

Living in Ipswich I often venture onto their forum, mainly for local news, and they are deighted the game has called off. I would comment on their forum that Posh are in awful form and the typically response I would guess is that we would only have to turn up to get the 3 points as Ipswich are that bad. Ipswich have a large number of players out but even when they have had a full squad there results against any of the top 6 teams has been awful over the last couple of seasons that it has become a running joke among Ipswich fans.

This game was a case of the lesser worse team wins or a case of a bore draw with neither team able to dominate the other. Ipswich spend most of the game passing the ball across the back and rarely attack and even when they do their strikers are so poor it rarely results in anything. Their current position flatters them as they have picked up wins in games they have struggled, i.e. Plymouth were winning 1-0 before having a player sent off, them scoring late winners against the run of play such as against Shrewsbury, etc, etc. Interestingly many of Ipswich actually hope for a run of poor results in the hope that Paul Lambert will get the sack.
thediceman

Post by thediceman »

Some of the responses on the Ipswich forum to the game being called off & my stating Posh were in poor form:

"Seriously mate, we're utter dogsh1t. You deffo would have beat us."
"Bullet dodged."
".... playing like we did Tuesday, would have got stuffed."
"Actually quite glad in a way. It’s exhausting watch us and I’d like a day off from rage tweeting about ITFC."
"Buys Lambert more time, sadly."
"Posh could have started an eleven with a 2nd string and would have still been a nice easy 3 pts for them."
"You would have won, mate. No matter how crap you think you are, we're worse."
ashman

Post by ashman »

thediceman wrote: 19 Dec 2020, 02:20 Some of the responses on the Ipswich forum to the game being called off & my stating Posh were in poor form:

"Seriously mate, we're utter dogsh1t. You deffo would have beat us."
"Bullet dodged."
".... playing like we did Tuesday, would have got stuffed."
"Actually quite glad in a way. It’s exhausting watch us and I’d like a day off from rage tweeting about ITFC."
"Buys Lambert more time, sadly."
"Posh could have started an eleven with a 2nd string and would have still been a nice easy 3 pts for them."
"You would have won, mate. No matter how crap you think you are, we're worse."
So it just goes to show that teams, other than Posh, also have negative supporters. They are a team that are fifth in the table with equal number of points as us!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Team news ever so late today
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

It was a must win game and we didn't win.No wonder we've slopped down the table!
The next two games now become absolutely must win.
Brianposh

Post by Brianposh »

tonyp wrote: 19 Dec 2020, 20:48 It was a must win game and we didn't win.No wonder we've slopped down the table!
Next two games already postponed.................
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Brianposh wrote: 19 Dec 2020, 21:59
tonyp wrote: 19 Dec 2020, 20:48 It was a must win game and we didn't win.No wonder we've slopped down the table!
Next two games already postponed.................
I was joking.
Last edited by tonyp on 20 Dec 2020, 09:55, edited 1 time in total.