Is Fergie the man to carry us forward?????

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Is Fergie the man to carry us forward???

Yes
38%
No
56%
Unsure
6%

Total votes: 16

Bluemike

Re: Is Fergie the man to carry us forward?????

Post by Bluemike »

I'm voting a resounding NO to the question posed. I'm fed up with this idea that a twice sacked individual has now learned his lesson and can take us forward. Imo people who feel he is the 'changed' person who can take us forward for the third time are living in the distant past.
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

DMac has just said on his Hard Truth Podcast (recorded Monday) that Fergie has' one of the safest jobs in football'!
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

HantsPosh wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 14:24 DMac has just said on his Hard Truth Podcast (recorded Monday) that Fergie has' one of the safest jobs in football'!
Totally expected. Like the outgoing President of the USA who DMac admires (makes me puke writing that) it's about loyal servants above anything else - skill, ideas etc - Fergie doesn't ruffle the Chairman's feathers and they have found a way to coexist...All about promotion this season for me and we have invested enough to walk this league...waste of time debating if Fergie is the right man (he isnt)
White G

Post by White G »

DMAC admiring Trump doesn't surprise me. They're both ruthless businessmen who are out for themselves (just ask those property investors in Spain). They both also like to have complete control, which is why Fergie is an ideal puppet!

People talk about DMAC being our saviour but it definitely comes at a cost!
White G

Post by White G »

I know the poll is from a small sample, but 77% of participants don't have much confidence in Fergie. To think Ashman had me as a trouble-maker speaking for a vast minority!
Wilco

Post by Wilco »

White G wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 16:25 I know the poll is from a small sample, but 77% of participants don't have much confidence in Fergie. To think Ashman had me as a trouble-maker speaking for a vast minority!
Not everyone’s had their say yet, now down to 64% :wink:
Bluemike

Post by Bluemike »

White G wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 16:25 I know the poll is from a small sample, but 77% of participants don't have much confidence in Fergie. To think Ashman had me as a trouble-maker speaking for a vast minority!
Our lunatic Boxer, who is nevertheless an excellent judge of character and knows his football, is desperately trying to register and vote No. There's slobber and drool all over my laptop.
The worrying thing though is that he is certainly a trouble maker so I wouldn't worry too much.
Wilco

Post by Wilco »

Bluemike wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 18:54
Our lunatic Boxer, who is nevertheless an excellent judge of character and knows his football, is desperately trying to register and vote No. There's slobber and drool all over my laptop.
The worrying thing though is that he is certainly a trouble maker so I wouldn't worry too much.
That’s another one who thinks they “know their football” better than the rest of us.
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

More double-talk from the chairman as quoted in the PET today:

'You can’t go from winning nine out of 10 games like we did including a win at Hull, to losing at home to Chorley and then at Wimbledon.'
Didn't we do exactly that?

'Darren....He’s an amazing manager.'
And yet:
'We put a flag in the sand in the summer and said we would use one of two different formations, but we went away from that at Portsmouth on Saturday. Three different formations in 16 games is too many in my opinion.'
and
'I know we were missing our two main wing-backs at Portsmouth, but we planned for the squad to have cover in every position this season and Harrison Burrows and Idris Kanu were our back-up wing-backs and it was disappointing to see they didn’t play. There is no harm in throwing one or two youngsters into a side. You have to play them at some stage.'

Appearing to second-guess the team-selection and tactics of a manager with 'one of the safest jobs in football,' is a pastime normally left to the ignorant hoi polloi.
Wilco

Post by Wilco »

It does seem a bit bizarre, on one hand he says his job is safe and then on the other he has some not so subtle digs at the way things have been going and clearly blames Fergie.
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

JohnC wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 19:29 More double-talk from the chairman as quoted in the PET today:

'You can’t go from winning nine out of 10 games like we did including a win at Hull, to losing at home to Chorley and then at Wimbledon.'
Didn't we do exactly that?

'Darren....He’s an amazing manager.'
And yet:
'We put a flag in the sand in the summer and said we would use one of two different formations, but we went away from that at Portsmouth on Saturday. Three different formations in 16 games is too many in my opinion.'
and
'I know we were missing our two main wing-backs at Portsmouth, but we planned for the squad to have cover in every position this season and Harrison Burrows and Idris Kanu were our back-up wing-backs and it was disappointing to see they didn’t play. There is no harm in throwing one or two youngsters into a side. You have to play them at some stage.'

Appearing to second-guess the team-selection and tactics of a manager with 'one of the safest jobs in football,' is a pastime normally left to the ignorant hoi polloi.
Haven’t read the article yet, but those quotes totally contradict themselves.

Also, hysterical to see the clique clambering to vote for Ferguson to try to balance the poll.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

It will be interesting to see how many of the team that played last night get the opportunity to play against Rochdale on Saturday. Fergie was full of praise for the majority of the team that played, but I'm guessing he will go with his unperforming favourites yet again.
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

pleasureboy60 wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 20:48 It will be interesting to see how many of the team that played last night get the opportunity to play against Rochdale on Saturday. Fergie was full of praise for the majority of the team that played, but I'm guessing he will go with his unperforming favourites yet again.
I think he needs to make a statement. Kanu and Burrows as wing backs, Hamilton alongside Taylor, Clarke in for Szmodics and maybe even Eisa in for Dembele......Edwards for Kent or Beevers would be very brave as well
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

I like your thinking, but the only likely change he will make if any will be Kanu at wing back
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

stumpy wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 21:32
pleasureboy60 wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 20:48 It will be interesting to see how many of the team that played last night get the opportunity to play against Rochdale on Saturday. Fergie was full of praise for the majority of the team that played, but I'm guessing he will go with his unperforming favourites yet again.
I think he needs to make a statement. Kanu and Burrows as wing backs, Hamilton alongside Taylor, Clarke in for Szmodics and maybe even Eisa in for Dembele......Edwards for Kent or Beevers would be very brave as well
I take it you saw my post on Facebook in case you didn’t “ I know it doesn't really work, but for Rochdale I'd start Pym, Kanu, Thompson, Edwards, Kent, Burrows, Hamilton, Taylor, Szmodics, Eisa, JCH.” only Clarke for Szmodics differs from my suggestion
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!