Is Fergie the man to carry us forward?????

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Is Fergie the man to carry us forward???

Yes
38%
No
56%
Unsure
6%

Total votes: 16

White G

Is Fergie the man to carry us forward?????

Post by White G »

Sounds like this is valid topic again. The Fergie-ometer was a smash hit a few years ago, but don't have the energy to set it up again. It would be interesting to see the poll results though.
White G

Re: Is Fergie the man to carry us forward?????

Post by White G »

I voted "no" but it's not that simple. It's clear he isn't a top manager but nobody decent will come to us until structural changes are made.
ashman

Post by ashman »

Once again, White G has come up with his simple sort of Fergiometer, specifically designed to undermine a manager that he obviously doesn't like. BTW The Fergiometer was not a 'smash hit!'
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

I voted 'no' because that is the right answer.

Apart from Wrexham (because of sentimental reasons), what other club would genuinely take him on if he left Posh?
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
White G

Post by White G »

ashman wrote: 08 Dec 2020, 14:05 Once again, White G has come up with his simple sort of Fergiometer, specifically designed to undermine a manager that he obviously doesn't like. BTW The Fergiometer was not a 'smash hit!'
What do you suggest Ashman?? We refrain from expressing ourselves? This is a discussion forum & the topic is extremely relevant!

And also, the Fergie-ometer thread was possibly the most popular in this forum's history. Did we not have 500-600 contributions? Not bad at all for an extremely quiet forum!💪
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Unsurprisingly I voted no but I don't think he's going anywhere. We will probably sack a coach or two, sell a player or two and come 8th in the league...for some, that's an achievement
White G

Post by White G »

stumpy wrote: 08 Dec 2020, 14:58 Unsurprisingly I voted no but I don't think he's going anywhere. We will probably sack a coach or two, sell a player or two and come 8th in the league...for some, that's an achievement
Yup, you're pretty spot on!
ashman

Post by ashman »

White G wrote: 08 Dec 2020, 17:11
stumpy wrote: 08 Dec 2020, 14:58 Unsurprisingly I voted no but I don't think he's going anywhere. We will probably sack a coach or two, sell a player or two and come 8th in the league...for some, that's an achievement
So why are you bothering then? You are just stirring up anti Posh feelings for any newcomers to the forum. As stumpy said 'He ain't going anywhere' so the thread becomes irrelevant!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

I'm not so sure he won't be going anywhere, remember that DMac was utterly besotted with Evans for the best part of year before thankfully getting rid of him once he eventually woke up and realised the man was an idiot or after he signed Kyle Dempsey which is probably the same thing. He might just decide one day he's had enough.
White G

Post by White G »

ashman wrote: 08 Dec 2020, 17:37
White G wrote: 08 Dec 2020, 17:11
So why are you bothering then? You are just stirring up anti Posh feelings for any newcomers to the forum. As stumpy said 'He ain't going anywhere' so the thread becomes irrelevant!
Why am I bothering???

1) It's good to get a snapshot of people's opinions.

2) Stumpy said "I don't think he's going anywhere". We don't know what will happen & Stumpy didn't make any bold claims!

3) It's a big issue at our club now, with many fans clearly concerned.

And tell me how exactly I'm "stirring up anti Posh feelings"? Does voicing concerns make me anti Posh? If I buried my head in the sand would I be a bigger fan?This is a fans forum with only about a dozen regular contributors, it's a very poor choice of place if I was to stir up anti Posh feelings!

Let me ask you a question Ashman. Why do you think this forum is so quiet? There must be reasons why, instances & behaviours from moderators like this will play a factor.
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Both Posh forums are run by mods hellbent on not letting people have an opinion unless it fits into their own agenda.

It’s a crying shame. One could really take up the baton if the mods just relaxed a little.

This thread is just about top of every Posh fans thinking at the moment, yet on both boards the mods appear really uneasy on it even being discussed.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

You have to laugh when an online discussion forum descends into "you can't discuss xxxxx or yyyy".....The Fergie In/Fergie Out Hokey Cokey is a relevant discussion for all Posh fans right now...he's a "marmite" manager with little support outside of a few Posh fans (ask Preston and Doncaster supporters if they miss him) who fail to see that h is very limited...
White G

Post by White G »

Yup, it's a bit sad that I'm practically being accused of treason simply for bringing up this topic. From this poll, the dictators must be now in fear of an uprising as they now realise that they're in the minority.

The level of disrespect & the sheer audacity to speak down to people on this is pretty disappointing to be honest.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

White G wrote: 08 Dec 2020, 21:10 The level of disrespect & the sheer audacity to speak down to people on this is pretty disappointing to be honest.
Correct.
Remarks like
"the dictators must be now in fear of an uprising"
"he's a "marmite" manager"
are certainly disrespectful.
You're not the only fan who is unhappy and disappointed with the recent results.
The poll question might have been better if it had read "Who is most likely to be the manager for the remainder of the season?"
White G

Post by White G »

How is describing Fergie as "marmite" disrespectful?? That's a feeble comment!

As for the "dictators" comment, it's in black & white. We're getting insulted for bringing up a very relevant topic, as the moderators try to dictate the discussions on here.

Thirdly, why would your question be better??? If anything it's far worse if you're being protective of Fergie. It's also a completely different question. What someone wants isn't the same as what someone thinks is "likely", thus making your question less relevant.