Re: Siriki Dembele

Post by bristleposh »

I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

Another one on his way out. This is what happens when you hype players up until they do want to play for us anymore. Smells of the Tomlin saga all over again!
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

If Szmodics is his replacement then God help us!
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

If he wants to go then get rid of him and get some ££s in for the new ground, vastly overrated and I've seen furloughed scousers work harder than him
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

I imagine we have seen the last of him in a Posh shirt
they're a prat!
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

I think the biggest issue with Dembele will be similar to that of Tomlin. Obviously the boy wants a move to Scotland (God knows why) but we all know the Scottish clubs are virtually penniless and only buy cheap. Therefore im expecting a ridiculous offer for him. Posh will want whatever the chairman thinks he's worth and so the saga will unfold!! He could be here for a long time until the issue is resolved. Whether he still wants to play for us or the manager decides to play him is another matter!
ashman

Post by ashman »

pleasureboy60 wrote: 05 Jan 2021, 17:42 I think the biggest issue with Dembele will be similar to that of Tomlin. Obviously the boy wants a move to Scotland (God knows why) but we all know the Scottish clubs are virtually penniless and only buy cheap. Therefore im expecting a ridiculous offer for him. Posh will want whatever the chairman thinks he's worth and so the saga will unfold!! He could be here for a long time until the issue is resolved. Whether he still wants to play for us or the manager decides to play him is another matter!
Unfortunately, I think you may be correct in your assumptions. However, us fans will probably never get to know the full story!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

Mind you having said that, I would sooner him stay.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

There seems to be several editions of Siriki, Headbutter, hat trick scorer, or the one who runs into dead ends. I'd have the middle one but the other two can do one
they're a prat!
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

I've met and spoken to the lad several times. He is a very friendly, modest and comes across as a genuinely nice lad.
I have no doubt that his agent is as much to blame for unsettling the boy and as per usual can see a sizeable wedge to line his pocket should Dembele gets his move.
You have to agree that on his day when he performs, he can be unplayable and is a joy to watch. There are not many players in our league or below with the same levels of skill or trickery.
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

I for one will be gutted if/when he leaves. He's unbelievable when on form & far too good for this league.

Given the managers record in the transfer market, I also don't hold much hope for a replacement anywhere near as good. If you can blow nearly £5m on Szmodics, Eisa & Tyrone Barnett, then I expect a cool £1m to be spent on a 'young & hungry' number 10 from Holbeach Utd to join.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 06 Jan 2021, 09:38 He's unbelievable when on form & far too good for this league.
If DMac agrees with you Gaz then Dembele won't be here much longer.
ashman

Post by ashman »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 06 Jan 2021, 09:38 He's unbelievable when on form & far too good for this league.
I expect a cool £1m to be spent on a 'young & hungry' number 10 from Holbeach Utd to join.
.... but how many times is he really 'on form?'
....and who is this Holbeach no. 10, - or are you just having a pop at our recruitment policy?
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

ashman wrote: 06 Jan 2021, 11:13
I expect a cool £1m to be spent on a 'young & hungry' number 10 from Holbeach Utd to join.
.... but how many times is he really 'on form?'
....and who is this Holbeach no. 10, - or are you just having a pop at our recruitment policy?
He's the reason we are in the play-offs this season. Take him out & we wouldn't have half as many points.

And yes, I was having a pop.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

pleasureboy60 wrote: 06 Jan 2021, 08:26
You have to agree that on his day when he performs, he can be unplayable and is a joy to watch. There are not many players in our league or below with the same levels of skill or trickery.
Apart from some tattooed Geordie bloke at Charlton..................