Eddie Howe

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

pleasureboy60

Eddie Howe

Post by pleasureboy60 »

Eddie Howe would be a great manager for this club. Expensive maybe and a pipe dream, but his enthusiasm, experience, style of football and respect he has from both players and other fellow professionals, would certainly bring out the best from this current squad of misfiring individuals. One can only dream!!!
Brianposh

Re: Eddie Howe

Post by Brianposh »

He was offered the position a few years back when Mc.Cann was appointed. He went to Burnley instead but could not settle. VERY EXPENSIVE, and wants to stay South Coast..................anyway we have a good Manager.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
ashman

Post by ashman »

Brianposh wrote: 05 Dec 2020, 13:50 He was offered the position a few years back when Mc.Cann was appointed. He went to Burnley instead but could not settle. VERY EXPENSIVE, and wants to stay South Coast..................anyway we have a good Manager.
True but there are always those who don't have a clue about such things!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Brianposh wrote: 05 Dec 2020, 13:50 He was offered the position a few years back when Mc.Cann was appointed. He went to Burnley instead but could not settle. VERY EXPENSIVE, and wants to stay South Coast..................anyway we have a good Manager.
Clueless comment
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
Bluemike

Post by Bluemike »

Well if "we have a good manager", perhaps Dmac will introduce him to us in a press conference on Monday
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Anybody who thinks Darren Ferguson is a good manager quite frankly doesn’t understand football.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

Eddie Howe is a great shout. Could be tempted by a rich lower league club with the prospect of a new stadium & ambitious owners.

Go get him & start running the club like you mean business.

Farting around with a conference manager is holding us back.
― Unarine Ramaru
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 05 Dec 2020, 18:14 Eddie Howe is a great shout. Could be tempted by a rich lower league club with the prospect of a new stadium & ambitious owners.

Go get him & start running the club like you mean business.

Farting around with a conference manager is holding us back.
Is that a quote from a message you have sent to DMac? Let us know his response.
PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic »

Are you serious, Brian? Whenever Posh are in a losing streak, he shows no sign that he has a clue as to how to stop any such slump. Same happened at when he was at PNE.
Wilco

Post by Wilco »

I’m with you Brian. You’re a man who knows and understands football, unlike some of the jokers who think Marcus Maddison and Leo Da Silva Lopes are England material.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Wilco wrote: 05 Dec 2020, 21:13
I’m with you Brian. You’re a man who knows and understands football, unlike some of the jokers who think Marcus Maddison and Leo Da Silva Lopes are England material.
Leo would certainly struggle, being Portuguese.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

bristleposh wrote: 05 Dec 2020, 21:39
:clap: :clap:
― Unarine Ramaru
Wilco

Post by Wilco »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 05 Dec 2020, 21:46
bristleposh wrote: 05 Dec 2020, 21:39

:clap: :clap:
He’s more chance of playing for England than he has for Portugal but point taken 🤦‍♂️🤪😂
Pufc1971

Post by Pufc1971 »

Scott Ruscoe manager of The New Saints Good manager worked with good football people.Give him a chance.
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Pufc1971 wrote: 06 Dec 2020, 15:47 Scott Ruscoe manager of The New Saints Good manager worked with good football people.Give him a chance.
Bit early with the April Fools joke :clap2: