PORTSMOUTH v POSH

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Wilco

Re: PORTSMOUTH v POSH

Post by Wilco »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 05 Dec 2020, 21:18 Brilliant.

Desperate, but brilliant
👍😂
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Didn’t bother paying a tenner to watch it today, went to watch Yaya Toure, aka Jermaine Anderson to everyone else but El Presidente of course, make his debut as a sub for Aldershot Town v Dagenham & Redbridge.

Other than having to wear a muzzle OUTSIDE and not being able to get a coffee it was the same as watching any other game to be honest.
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

bristleposh wrote: 05 Dec 2020, 21:41 Them two back on Dotnet, more chance of them inviting the racist from Bristol back
For the record, I'm not banned just got tired of the inbred clique patting each other on the back for their infantile humour. Just decided to give it up one day and best decision I made...I have a peek every now and again but same old same old except, recently, they have started to panic. At the moment, the scapegoats are Mark Robson and Mo Eisa with a bit of Ryan Broom thrown in....they are worried that Steve Evans may take Gillingham whose squad cost less than Frankie Kent's wages above us in the league. Let's face it though, Evans is such a terrible manager that he can't get Gillingham above Posh can he? That would make Fergie look very poor (spoiler alert, Fergie is poor)

So the latest from the clique is to bring back Aaron McLean :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do we miss Marcus Maddison - yes we do on the field (maybe not off it) and Fergie has wasted a lot of the Toney money - unforgivable really

Onwards to muller West Ham kids and even the chipmunk can't lose to Rochdale at home
White G

Post by White G »

bristleposh wrote: 05 Dec 2020, 18:50 I know I shouldn’t but what has gone wrong. This is not a blip it’s a god damned arms race. He may well be our most successful manager ever but enough is enough, obviously he hasn’t a clue himself as to how to get us out of this slump. Paul Cook is still out of work, perhaps he might have a better idea of how to get the best out of this group of misfiring individuals.

After all the times you & your clique shoot me down for telling you this??? Does this mean you're also a clueless idiot now???

Even in the Championship days, Fergie wasn't as good as his worshippers thought. You could see the problems & one-dimensional approach from then. He's incapable of building a good team & developing them further. He's not fit to tie his father's shoelaces.
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

I've said this many times before on this forum and I'm still convinced that we as a club have not moved on since that fateful day in 2013 at Selhurst Park.
8 seasons have since gone by and we are in a no better position now than when we were relegated.
If I was the owner of a business which was failing year after year, then I think I would look at why that was and change my stratagy. Not keep percevering with the same approach and nievity.
We as a club need to decide whether we are going to continue as a selling club and remain as an also ran, or become an established championship club. Unfortunately you can't have both!
Personally I feel that signing young up and coming players to make a fast buck is becoming an obsession with our chairman.
All to often players come in as complete unknowns and within months that are suddenly world beaters with all the hype we heap onto their shoulders.
Im not doubting that some of our current squad will eventually be sold for mega bucks and will play at a higher level, but is all the expectation and hype helping us as a club to get out of this division? I fear not!
For many seasons now we have had teams based around individuality and not players who work as a team.
In this division you don't require much skill, more a team of grafters and players who have had experience of playing division one football.
When was the last time we had an experienced leader in our team. We certainly don't have one this season that's for sure!
I fear that if we continue with this current policy of being a selling club, then we will remain in this division for many more seasons to come.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

pleasureboy60 wrote: 06 Dec 2020, 10:37 I've said this many times before on this forum and I'm still convinced that we as a club have not moved on since that fateful day in 2013 at Selhurst Park.
8 seasons have since gone by and we are in a no better position now than when we were relegated.
If I was the owner of a business which was failing year after year, then I think I would look at why that was and change my stratagy. Not keep percevering with the same approach and nievity.
We as a club need to decide whether we are going to continue as a selling club and remain as an also ran, or become an established championship club. Unfortunately you can't have both!
Personally I feel that signing young up and coming players to make a fast buck is becoming an obsession with our chairman.
All to often players come in as complete unknowns and within months that are suddenly world beaters with all the hype we heap onto their shoulders.
Im not doubting that some of our current squad will eventually be sold for mega bucks and will play at a higher level, but is all the expectation and hype helping us as a club to get out of this division? I fear not!
For many seasons now we have had teams based around individuality and not players who work as a team.
In this division you don't require much skill, more a team of grafters and players who have had experience of playing division one football.
When was the last time we had an experienced leader in our team. We certainly don't have one this season that's for sure!
I fear that if we continue with this current policy of being a selling club, then we will remain in this division for many more seasons to come.
Not difficult to surmise that that is the answer to the problem. However is it not the case that when the big lucre comes every club is a selling club. Didn’t Brentford sell Watkins to take a chance on Toney (that worked). Liverpool sold Suarez to Barcelona, who in turn sold Neymar to PSG, Real Madrid sold Ronaldo to Juventus. It’s a money game as much as it is a ball sport. The only teams in the lower league who seem to be oblivious to that are those that rely heavily on loan signings
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

White G wrote: 06 Dec 2020, 10:21
bristleposh wrote: 05 Dec 2020, 18:50 I know I shouldn’t but what has gone wrong. This is not a blip it’s a god damned arms race. He may well be our most successful manager ever but enough is enough, obviously he hasn’t a clue himself as to how to get us out of this slump. Paul Cook is still out of work, perhaps he might have a better idea of how to get the best out of this group of misfiring individuals.

After all the times you & your clique shoot me down for telling you this??? Does this mean you're also a clueless idiot now???

Even in the Championship days, Fergie wasn't as good as his worshippers thought. You could see the problems & one-dimensional approach from then. He's incapable of building a good team & developing them further. He's not fit to tie his father's shoelaces.
Spot on. Some of us knew, as you quite rightly say, when Fergie was manager in the championship.

He’s lower league, possibly even non-league. He will get some success if he inherits a very strong squad (to be fair, that’s the ONLY success he’s ever had as a manager).

We need to back up the ambition with a proven manager. Stop wasting millions on players who are useless, spend the wonga on the most important appointment.

I really hoped the new co-owners might start to have a say & tell the chairman he has to change & work with somebody else.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
Pufc1971

Post by Pufc1971 »

THE COWLEY BROTHERS (P.S. Fertile make these players train on Sunday). If not Scott Ruscoe The New Saints Manager. Working along side good football people look him up.
ashman

Post by ashman »

Pufc1971 wrote: 06 Dec 2020, 15:29 THE COWLEY BROTHERS (P.S. Fertile make these players train on Sunday). If not Scott Ruscoe The New Saints Manager. Working along side good football people look him up.
What about them? :cry:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Pufc1971 wrote: 06 Dec 2020, 15:29 THE COWLEY BROTHERS (P.S. Fertile make these players train on Sunday). If not Scott Ruscoe The New Saints Manager. Working along side good football people look him up.
I presume the New Saints manager suggestion is a joke? Their budget is vastly superior to everyone else as they play in Europe every year. It would be like putting Man City in the National League and being surprised when they win every week.