BIRMINGHAM CITY v POSH

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

BIRMINGHAM CITY v POSH

Post by ashman »

Birmingham City v Peterborough United Tuesday January 25th. (19:45)

REFEREE: OLIVER LANGFORD

ASSISTANT REFEREES: Mark Russell and Geoffrey Liddle

Fourth Official: Tim Robinson
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Re: BIRMINGHAM CITY v POSH

Post by bristleposh »

Not going, and probably not a lot of change from the disastrous selections on Saturday. He eventually worked out that Ward, Cornell, Beevers, and Kent were not up to the standard required in level two. Hopefully, he will soon realize that Mumba, JCH, and Taylor are also in that category
We were much improved under McCann
ashman

Post by ashman »

bristleposh wrote: 24 Jan 2022, 09:59 Not going, and probably not a lot of change from the disastrous selections on Saturday. He eventually worked out that Ward, Cornell, Beevers, and Kent were not up to the standard required in level two. Hopefully, he will soon realize that Mumba, JCH, and Taylor are also in that category
Cornell is better than Benda. Benda failed to come out for the first goal and made pathetic attempts to stop goals two and three. Watch the highlights.
It is ridiculous playing Mumba (on loan ) as he is quite frankly awful in his positioning and hasn't a clue about intercepting a ball. We should play Tomlinson instead. Both he and Mumba will make mistakes, but at least let our own player learn by this. Why help a Norwich player in our games?
Ward has just lost all confidence in his own abilities. What has happened to Taylor. I feel sorry for Norburn as he is ploughing a lonely furrow in midfield with no help from Taylor. Grant doesn't seem to know where he should be playing!
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

As I said I didn’t see much of the game because of the selfish tw*t stood in front of me. I will look at the highlights again, to make an opinion on Benda

Didnt see he could have done a lot with any of the goals, left far too exposed by his defence
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

How disappointing was that, I didn’t expect too much with the team selection, but I was wrong the problem was the substitutions coming about 2/3 minutes too late it was obvious to a blind man that JCH and Poku from doing so much running were out n their feet. It’s lucky Fergie is not in charge of a brothel because he certainly couldn’t organise a F*c* up.
Mig25

Post by Mig25 »

Banished to the kitchen with the radio on last night, I made the terrible mistake (with 5 mins to go), of shouting through to my wife that we'd got 3 points away from home. Yes!!!!

In the space of a couple of minutes, I was made to look a complete fool. When is this clown going to stress to our players that a game lasts a minimum of 90 minutes. This collapse towards the end of games is becoming the norm now. If he can't motivate a bunch of footballers, then he should go.
ashman

Post by ashman »

Mig25 wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 19:54 Banished to the kitchen with the radio on last night, I made the terrible mistake (with 5 mins to go), of shouting through to my wife that we'd got 3 points away from home. Yes!!!!

In the space of a couple of minutes, I was made to look a complete fool. When is this clown going to stress to our players that a game lasts a minimum of 90 minutes. This collapse towards the end of games is becoming the norm now. If he can't motivate a bunch of footballers, then he should go.
He won't, so accept it and realise that we played superbly at Birmingham until those last few minutes.
Gazza8

Post by Gazza8 »

This team need a real manager and a mental manager. Fergie has not skills to manage a team at this level of competition.

Other thing, the recruitment of last summer was horrific. No player who has experience and a true level to allow at this club to stay up in Championship league. The recruitment was done without ideas. Ideas of scouting department are very very limited ! No player with a f*cking experience of this league, except the very limited mark Beevers who had ever big difficulties in League One...
The only players with a few experience of Championship league are two ex players : Knight and Marriott. Knight finished last on previous season, and about Marriott, he did a season without play or nearly... Wow great !
Others players are only bets on future : Grant, Tomlinson, Poku, Corbett, Randall, Norburn...

There is a big gap for some players between League One, previous season, and Championship League, this season : Clarke Harris scored 5 goals but there were 3 penaltys I think... And Szmodics scored 2 goals, that was a brace front of his ex-club, Bristol City.

Why Pym is at the cellar for lot months now ?

What did they at the scouting department ? The finances of the club are so limited to permit recruitment of decent players. No need of many players, just 4-5 players with experience and fighting spirit helping team in crucial moments.
When you look back the campaing until today, the most of goals conceded are in second-half or worse : after the 70' mins ! There is a big mental problem and also physic problem !

Despite all of this, the stay up in Championship is always possible but the february month will be crucial with clash front Cardiff, Reading, Derby especially