BLACKBURN ROVERS v POSH

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

BLACKBURN ROVERS v POSH

Post by ashman »

Blackburn Rovers v Peterborough United Wednesday 24th. November(19:45)

REFEREE: JOHN BROOKS

ASSISTANT REFEREES: Nick Hopton and James Mainwaring

Fourth Official: Geoff Eltringham
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
bristleposh

Re: BLACKBURN ROVERS v POSH

Post by bristleposh »

At least I'll watch this one in comfort, and won't spend a small fortune on train fares, taxis, beer, and sore feet. My normal walking habit gives me between 4 and 9 thousand steps yesterday I did nearly 15,000

A twisted nerve, a ganglion gone awry,
Predestinates the sinner and the saint
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

We are terrible, end of! Well done all the Poshies who are in attendance. Shame some of our players don't show the same commitment.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

It sounded awful, no idea why I couldn’t watch it, they told me my iFollow season ticket was going to be honoured, mind you, I think I got away with one. We have so much talent in the under 23s, they certainly couldn’t do worse.

A twisted nerve, a ganglion gone awry,
Predestinates the sinner and the saint
Brianposh

Post by Brianposh »

A disgraceful performance from a team that played League 1 standard. Just pathetic.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

Any other championship team would have sacked their manager by now with constantly poor performances and inept management like this evening and the majority of games before it.
Not us, we give ours a contract extension and our beloved chairman thinks we are lucky to have him.
I just wonder come May next year when we are back in Division 1, whether our chairman will still have the same opinion.
ashman

Post by ashman »

pleasureboy60 wrote: 25 Nov 2021, 00:25 Any other championship team would have sacked their manager by now with constantly poor performances and inept management like this evening and the majority of games before it.
Not us, we give ours a contract extension and our beloved chairman thinks we are lucky to have him.
I just wonder come May next year when we are back in Division 1, whether our chairman will still have the same opinion.
It was another inept performance by the team but getting rid of Darren will not solve a thing.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

We are on course to be relegated with the least possible points tally.
Derby apart, we are the second worse
team in this league, where quite honestly we don't belong!
Many of the current squad are simply not good enough, end of!
Defensively we are a shambles, conceding more goals in this league than any of our counterparts.
Creatively, we are poor and attacking wise we simply don't have a goalscorer.
Put those three together and it spells just one word, Relegation!
The manager must also take huge criticism with his tactics especially away from home.
Why oh why does he persist with playing three attacking forwards, when clearly it isn't working.
It leaves us so exposed in midfield and overun in that department, hence we create very little for our forwards.
Our recruitment for this season has been poor and its now come back to bite us in the a***.
It's OK fans saying that we need to bring in new players in January, but its going to be too late by then. Coupled with our policy of only signing young inexperienced players, this is not going to stop the rot just add to the inevitable.
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

I don't blame Fergie entirely for this as he can only put out a team from what he's got available. I don't like to say it but the vast majority of the players are simply not good enough, plain and simple. When one of the better players, Nathan Thompson, makes an error like last night then you know you're in trouble.

One goal in 5 games tells it's own story but then again with champion moaner JC-H upfront that's hardly a surprise. If he put the same effort into his own game rather than complaining at everyone else he'd be of a lot more benefit to the team. We should have sold him in the summer before he came back unfit and overweight. Mo Eisa would have done a far better job, just like Matt Godden who's scoring goals for Coventry.

When we're back in League One next season, Exeter & Forest Green Rovers are much nicer days out than Middlesbrough or Blackburn so it's not all bad news :wink:
PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic »

pleasureboy60 wrote: 25 Nov 2021, 00:25 Any other championship team would have sacked their manager by now with constantly poor performances and inept management like this evening and the majority of games before it.
You are quite right. Sadly, however, Mr. MacAnthony is so blinkered when it comes to Mr. Ferguson, that I have no doubt that he will place all the blame on the players and the manager will escape unscathed.

Mr. Ferguson seems to have the safest job in the EFL in my opinion.
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

ashman wrote: 25 Nov 2021, 02:58
It was another inept performance by the team but getting rid of Darren will not solve a thing.
Why not?
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

Without being privy to the medical details, I find the manager's decision to start Norburn when he had been clearly sick very questionable -- not least because of the message it sent to Coventry -- and possibly Knight. Starting Norburn is one thing, but sending him out for the second half when we were already trailing by three goals is, I suggest, indefensible. The manager, seemingly irony- as well as bullet-proof, said, 'Conor Coventry hasn't had much football' in apparent justification of his selection. Coventry could have had an extra hour on the pitch at Blackburn....

I wonder what the position of our medical staff was on this. In some circumstances, vomiting contributes to dehydration and debilitation. Players sometimes need to be protected from themselves.
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

News that Norburn is a doubt for tomorrow serves to emphasise just how poor the decision to play him at Blackburn was. We could have started a fit Coventry on Wednesday and allowed for the possibility that a recovering/recovered Norburn would be available against Barnsley. The manager noted that Coventry 'has not played many games'. He won't get many opportunities if a player who has thrown up multiple times in the dressing room is preferred to him in the starting line-up.