Middlesbrough v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: Middlesbrough v Posh

Post by bristleposh »

I managed to watch on a stream for the second half plus listened to Radio Scumbridge throughout. How we weren't awarded a penalty is beyond comprehension. As for Dembele, I think he was rightly subbed, when he learns to make a right decision will be a first.

A twisted nerve, a ganglion gone awry,
Predestinates the sinner and the saint
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

ppsm4 wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 17:01 How bad does it need to get before we Drop Fergie.
we will need a lift akin to what Notts Forest have seen...bottom line is that Fergie is not good enough for this level (but many of us knew that already) - the real question is: Are we a squad of players too good for League 1 (Szmodics, Taylor, Thompson, Norburn, Beevers, JCH, Ward, Kent) but not good enough for the championship? And, the recruitment was woeful over the summer....maybe, just maybe, a new manager can get more out of those players...the Chairman deserves a dood deal of criticism as well...it's really poor right now...if you thought subbing Dembele was the right decision, you're really don't know the game
ppsm4

Post by ppsm4 »

I will stand corrected but Fergie has been relegated every time he has been in the Championship. Surely Darrah doesn't want to go back down again at the first attempt.
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

He was awful today, not one right decision, perhaps you think he would have improved in the last ten minutes, but I very much doubt it. The number of chances that he could/should have produced were innumerable

stumpy

Post by stumpy »

bristleposh wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 17:29 He was awful today, not one right decision, perhaps you think he would have improved in the last ten minutes, but I very much doubt it. The number of chances that he could/should have produced were innumerable
Honestly, with al respect, he was THE ONLY Posh player that looked championship standard today, the commentator mentioned it numerous times - playing alongside lower division tryers like Szmodics and Grant does not leave Dembele with many (ANY) options....I know the Posh fans like players that run around a lot but taking off Dembele today was the moment we lost that game - it was a dreadful decision from a manager who is only any good managing lower league teams with higher league players...
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

Fergie claiming "we were in control" of the match is ludicrous...we were passing along the back line but as soon as it went forward, it was aimless and clueless...whatever process "big man DMac" is asking us "to trust" seems like a slogan he's learned reading a Trump book.....the only process is finding an Ivan Toney and selling them at an enormous profit to speculate on the next one (Randall, Poku, Edwards, Taylor etc)...it's so predictable its embarrassing....
ppsm4

Post by ppsm4 »

If Darrogh does not address the Fergie situation before Xmas we will more than likely go back to league 1. We need to get a manger in that knows the championship and give him a transfer window. Just my humble opinion.
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

ppsm4 wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 19:59 If Darrogh does not address the Fergie situation before Xmas we will more than likely go back to league 1. We need to get a manger in that knows the championship and give him a transfer window. Just my humble opinion.
No manager that "knows the championship" will work with DMac - he is trying to run a for profit enterprise and needs a manager who is compliant....A real manager would not have pursued Oliver Norburn and Coventry as midfielders in the championship and a real manager would not have signed Marriott and Randall....the Dmac/Fergie love affair might be just above league 1 but they are woeful in the higher leagues
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Maybe it’s just me but I just don’t get the fuss with Edwards aka New Stadium at all, an average player nothing more and would much rather have Kent in there all day long. Guessing Edwards is playing so that the constant hype from DMac gets him sold in January.

His previous ‘New Stadium’ was Chris Forrester and that went well didn’t it.

And Idris Kanu in a Championship squad let alone actually getting on the pitch :roll:

#trusttheprocess remember :clap:
pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 »

Worrying times watching Posh at the moment and I fear the worst if I'm honest.
We played a very poor Boro team yesterday and not unlike Preston and Reading we were beaten again.
Apart fro Dembele, we offered very little going forward. Lots of sideways, backwards passing but no penetration. Can't remember their keeper having to make a save.
Disappointed with some of our summer signings. Grant offers nothing and is no more than a Div 1 player. Szmodics flatters to deceive and Knight has been awful. Ward not championship quality
The worrying aspect is we don't have any strength in depth and it was hard to see anyone coming off the bench yesterday to make an impact.
8 points from 12 games is relegation form and the January transfer window will be of no consolation as I think we will be too far adrift by then.
This team is nowhere as good as the team which got relegated the last time we played in the championship. That time we were relegated with 50 plus points.
I cant see us even getting 30 points this time round!
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

pleasureboy60 wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 09:23 Worrying times watching Posh at the moment and I fear the worst if I'm honest.
We played a very poor Boro team yesterday and not unlike Preston and Reading we were beaten again.
Apart fro Dembele, we offered very little going forward. Lots of sideways, backwards passing but no penetration. Can't remember their keeper having to make a save.
Disappointed with some of our summer signings. Grant offers nothing and is no more than a Div 1 player. Szmodics flatters to deceive and Knight has been awful. Ward not championship quality
The worrying aspect is we don't have any strength in depth and it was hard to see anyone coming off the bench yesterday to make an impact.
8 points from 12 games is relegation form and the January transfer window will be of no consolation as I think we will be too far adrift by then.
This team is nowhere as good as the team which got relegated the last time we played in the championship. That time we were relegated with 50 plus points.
I agree with most of what you say, Dembele certainly was our most dangerous forward the trouble was as always once he'd done the hard work he hadn't a final ball. EVERY S***ING TIME

stumpy

Post by stumpy »

bristleposh wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 11:11
pleasureboy60 wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 09:23 Worrying times watching Posh at the moment and I fear the worst if I'm honest.
I agree with most of what you say, Dembele certainly was our most dangerous forward the trouble was as always once he'd done the hard work he hadn't a final ball. EVERY S***ING TIME
Most managers would be in serious trouble by now - Hughton sacked at Forest and the new manager bounce of Steve Cooper has them rocking ....Mick McCarthy at Cardiff rumoured to be next...meanwhile, Fergie seems as safe as houses because, tbh, who else would work for DMac if they had any credibility at this level? The "process" we are being asked to trust is undermined by DMac and now fergie publicly criticizing players and naming names...they ought to take a good look in the mirror as they are the real let downs...they signed players that had not cut in the championship or were "investments" to sell on at a profit later...they used the Ivan Toney money to get out of league one when all other teams were in deep austerity mode and they need to step up and admit they got it wrong. As a promoted team, we only have to achieve 4th from bottom and that is still firmly in sight...however, the way we are playing with this awful passing across the back and waiting for someone like Dembele to beat 5 defenders and slam it home is just dreadful to watch...as Swanny says in his PT column today, taking off Dembele was the moment we gave up any hope of winning yesterday and the "scared football" we are playing is just not the way you want a promoted team to compete....key link up players between defence and attack such as Taylor, Grant and the wing backs are just not competing anywhere near the right levels and Joe Ward, one of our only players with true pace, has been publicly shamed and confidence is truly shot....Despite the terrible summer investments, I still think this team going 100% every game has a chance of survival but not playing the safe, plodding, boring football being witnessed most games...Fergie needs to sort it out fast or he will forever be known in football as a lower league manager
ashman

Post by ashman »

So far, after a reasonable effort by Posh, but nevertheless a disappointing defeat against Middlesbrough, stumpy has posted 10 totally negative posts! I'm sure that he will post even more in the next few days!

Against Birmingham, where we produced our best display of the season so far, stumpy posted just five positive posts!
He then went on to criticise the crowd numbers, plus a couple of personal posts calling me weird! What does this person get off on!

It's interesting to note that stumpy says "Living here in the USA, it's great to be watching on ESPN..... "
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
Brianposh

Post by Brianposh »

Darren hopefully is going nowhere and Darragh will not sack him.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.
PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic »

Brianposh wrote: 17 Oct 2021, 17:20 Darren hopefully is going nowhere and Darragh will not sack him.
Sadly, Brian, in that situation it is my belief that League 1 beckons. DF has shown no sign that he can manage successfully at Championship level and the Chairman will not accept that there are other persons who might do a better job.