POSH v WIMBLEDON

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Re: POSH v WIMBLEDON

Post by bristleposh »

Gaz_Miller wrote: 22 Feb 2021, 12:02 Woodyard is still plying his trade in League One. He's very limited, but does a job.
He brought him in to replace Anthony Grant who was twice the player Woodward will ever be. Imagine having he and Thompson in the same team, we’d be invincible, he also let Taylor go, which was also unforgivable.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

bristleposh wrote: 22 Feb 2021, 15:48 He brought him in to replace Anthony Grant who was twice the player Woodward will ever be. Imagine having he and Thompson in the same team, we’d be invincible, he also let Taylor go, which was also unforgivable.
:lol:
Brilliant bit of rewriting history.

Grant was a plodder midfielder who fell over all the time. Taylor was finished.

Where did they both go after Posh? Always a true marker of a player.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
bristleposh

Post by bristleposh »

Grant still playing league one, Taylor was not finished had at least one more season left in him at our level.
I don't judge people on race, religion, gender,
ability or size, I judge them on whether or not
they're a prat!
Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller »

So Grant is playing for Swindon who are one place above Wimbledon. He & Woodyard have had almost identical careers. If Grant was as good as you are making out, they wouldn't have had identical careers - very simple.

Steven Taylor was finsihed else he would have been snapped up by a club at least as good as Posh - very simple.

Jeez. It's like teaching four year olds the very basics of football.
“Apology is not about saying I'm sorry, but it is about the meaning you put behind the apology and admitting that you are the wrong part.”
― Unarine Ramaru
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

bristleposh wrote: 22 Feb 2021, 15:48
Gaz_Miller wrote: 22 Feb 2021, 12:02 Woodyard is still plying his trade in League One. He's very limited, but does a job.
He brought him in to replace Anthony Grant who was twice the player Woodward will ever be. Imagine having he and Thompson in the same team, we’d be invincible, he also let Taylor go, which was also unforgivable.
Taylor was a good snow shoveler with a great set of teeth...he was finished. Grant was average at best (not a good squad influence allegedly) - Woodyard was all the rave at Lincoln and came with a lot of promise...unfortunately, he was/is crap......
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

Taylor went to play in the Australian League for New Zealand's Wellington Phoenix and is now playing in the Indian Super League.
I wonder what happened to Buckley-Ricketts, Colin Daniel, Darren Lyon (edit, now plays in the 4th tier in Scotland), Aaron Chapman, Rhys Bennett, Daniel Lafferty, Kyle Dempsey, Jamie Walker, Callum Cooke, Sebastian Bassong amongst others oh and not forgetting those diamonds Tyler Denton and Josh Yorweth.

Although in fairness to cuddly Uncle Stevie he did sign Toney (who sat on the bench whilst Jason Cummings started), Dembele & Ben White
DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister »

stumpy wrote: 22 Feb 2021, 19:54
bristleposh wrote: 22 Feb 2021, 15:48
Taylor was a good snow shoveler with a great set of teeth...he was finished. Grant was average at best (not a good squad influence allegedly) - Woodyard was all the rave at Lincoln and came with a lot of promise...unfortunately, he was/is crap......
Certainly true about Taylor, he was past his best when Posh released him.

But it has to be pointed out that Evans replaced him with the comical Rhys Bennett.
HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh »

and thought the best way to replace the sold Andrew Hughes was with the mentally strong Colin Daniel :wink: :wink:
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

HantsPosh wrote: 24 Feb 2021, 16:35 and thought the best way to replace the sold Andrew Hughes was with the mentally strong Colin Daniel :wink: :wink:
And, despite signing all of this trash, Evans still had Posh in the play-offs....are you suggesting he is a very good manager as it is difficult to understand your point?
DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister »

stumpy wrote: 27 Feb 2021, 17:57
HantsPosh wrote: 24 Feb 2021, 16:35 and thought the best way to replace the sold Andrew Hughes was with the mentally strong Colin Daniel :wink: :wink:
And, despite signing all of this trash, Evans still had Posh in the play-offs....are you suggesting he is a very good manager as it is difficult to understand your point?
And one of the biggest reasons for us being in the playoffs was the assists and goals of Marcus Maddison, who certainly wasn't signed by Evans.

Evans Posh team eventually showed their flaws, and as soon as Ferguson came along and actually tried to coach a bit of football into them, their limitations were exposed
stumpy

Post by stumpy »

DaveLister wrote: 28 Feb 2021, 19:50
stumpy wrote: 27 Feb 2021, 17:57
And one of the biggest reasons for us being in the playoffs was the assists and goals of Marcus Maddison, who certainly wasn't signed by Evans.

Evans Posh team eventually showed their flaws, and as soon as Ferguson came along and actually tried to coach a bit of football into them, their limitations were exposed
Oh, so it was Maddison.....I guess that's like saying Fergie had CMS, Boyd and Mclean who he didnt sign or Dembele or Toney....sorry but this debate is over...you all agree that Evans is a good lower league manager and so is Fergie....
ashman

Post by ashman »

stumpy wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 00:00 Oh, so it was Maddison.....I guess that's like saying Fergie had CMS, Boyd and Mclean who he didnt sign or Dembele or Toney....sorry but this debate is over...you all agree that Evans is a good lower league manager and so is Fergie....
I think that most fair minded people will agree that Evans is a football manager. His sidekick Paul Raynor is out of the same mould and between them they are characters that can not be tolerated for very long by club chairmen and fans alike.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'
ashman

Post by ashman »

ashman wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 08:02
stumpy wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 00:00 Oh, so it was Maddison.....I guess that's like saying Fergie had CMS, Boyd and Mclean who he didnt sign or Dembele or Toney....sorry but this debate is over...you all agree that Evans is a good lower league manager and so is Fergie....
I think that most fair minded people will agree that Evans is a football manager. His sidekick Paul Raynor is out of the same mould and between them they are characters that can not be tolerated for very long by club chairmen and fans alike. Debate over!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'