Well done yesterday

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Mackem72

Well done yesterday

Post by Mackem72 » 23 Apr 2019, 14:04

Just wanted to come say, what a classy set of supporters you lot are, yesterday was by far best away game of the season for me. From the young uns to the old folk, couldn't fault a single one of you, i had some cracking conversations about all kinds of things, never laughed so much in ages. Walking back to that car park through the tunnel was evening talking away to this bloke and i was was laughing on saying i'd never find my way home, as i'd been using my phone as a sat nav n the phone was nearly dead and i forgot to stick the charger in the car before i set off, even though i'd packed the lead. So he takes me to his car and gives me his usb charger. I tried to give him a few quid for it but he was having non of it. Not just this but the weather the whole day was class, even your stewards are different class to most i've encountered this season, well done Peterborough and i hope we get you in the play off semi's, so i can do it all again

Poshay

Re: Well done yesterday

Post by Poshay » 23 Apr 2019, 14:27

Many thanks Mackem for your kind comments. Yesterday was special with a large crowd happily mingling and leaving the local bobbies with nothing to do. The result suited neither of us and I doubt whether we will be seeing you again this season , unless Donnie implode or get docked points for something or other. Your supporters must have been as gutted as ours were on Friday after Fleetwood equalised in the final seconds . But that's football and why we love it.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

Mackem72

Post by Mackem72 » 23 Apr 2019, 14:40

Aye it was a sickener at the end but i think the result was probably fair in the end, i don't know i think you's might sneak into the play offs, good luck the rest of this season and the next. I think one way or another, we'll be playing each other next season

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 23 Apr 2019, 22:21

Thanks for the post. It was a fair result & great to see both teams go for the win.

By the way, did you get the ref home safely?
I have no internet friends

Mackem72

Post by Mackem72 » 24 Apr 2019, 07:22

Me nah :lol: . only downside to this league is the standard of referee's are terrible, i've seen some shocking decisions go for us and against us all season

ashman

Post by ashman » 24 Apr 2019, 08:15

Mackem72 wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 07:22
Me nah :lol: . only downside to this league is the standard of referee's are terrible, i've seen some shocking decisions go for us and against us all season
It seems to be the norm these days in this league. The trouble is people saying it evens out over the season doesn't cut the mustard with the genuine fans. All we want is top quality refs - maybe they will have to become full time professionals!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 24 Apr 2019, 08:57

ashman wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 08:15
All we want is top quality refs - maybe they will have to become full time professionals!
:stupid:
That's a big ask though.
Are there any full time professional referees?
Being happy never goes out of style

Gaz_Miller

Post by Gaz_Miller » 24 Apr 2019, 08:58

ashman wrote:
It seems to be the norm these days in this league. The trouble is people saying it evens out over the season doesn't cut the mustard with the genuine fans. All we want is top quality refs - maybe they will have to become full time professionals!
That 'karate kick' on Toney was a red card all day long, irrespective if it was a professional foul or not.
I have no internet friends

Mackem72

Post by Mackem72 » 24 Apr 2019, 09:32

I just can't see it changing, i'm afraid, like i said, it's been the only negative thing i can think of this season.Now get yourselves ready for saturday and get in them play offs, good result for you lot lastnight :D

ashman

Post by ashman » 24 Apr 2019, 14:27

tonyp wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 08:57
ashman wrote:
All we want is top quality refs - maybe they will have to become full time professionals!
:stupid:
That's a big ask though.
Are there any full time professional referees?
As far as I can gather, all Premier League refs are full time professionals. See below.

'Referees at amateur level earn around £20 to £40 a match. Match officials for semi-professional games can earn around £80 a game plus expenses. Full-time Premier League officials can earn up to £70,000 a year, while all other league referees are paid around £300 to £500 a match."

So yes is just about the answer, and the sooner this becomes the norm in this incredibly money orientated sport the better. We (fans) spend fortunes on getting to games up and down the country, paying for travel and match tickets only to be cheated time and again by incompetent referees!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'