Things that annoy you

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Things that annoy you

Post by bristleposh » 17 Apr 2019, 12:02

There are lots that annoy me, but to start the thread I’ll kick off with pedestrian crossings with lights that take so long to change back to green that Steven Hawkins would have had time to walk across.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

ashman

Re: Things that annoy you

Post by ashman » 17 Apr 2019, 12:12

Large roundabouts on the periphery of towns with traffic signals on them. During normal working hours they can be very well adjusted to enable the flow of traffic to be at a maximum. What annoys is when you approach them an hour or more after peak traffic times; you can sit there for ages waiting for them to change to your advantage. They should be shut down after about 8pm. enabling the traffic to flow around a roundabout as it should do. It would also save a lot on energy for the lights and petrol/diesel from cars and vans etc. and also minimising pollutants when vehicles stop and then have to start up again!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 17 Apr 2019, 13:41

ashman wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 12:12
Large roundabouts on the periphery of towns with traffic signals on them. During normal working hours they can be very well adjusted to enable the flow of traffic to be at a maximum. What annoys is when you approach them an hour or more after peak traffic times; you can sit there for ages waiting for them to change to your advantage. They should be shut down after about 8pm. enabling the traffic to flow around a roundabout as it should do. It would also save a lot on energy for the lights and petrol/diesel from cars and vans etc. and also minimising pollutants when vehicles stop and then have to start up again!
I agree with what you are saying about off peak times. However when busy they are a lifesaver. Having been carved up on the dreaded Eye roundabout a few years ago I immediately sold my Bonnie.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 17 Apr 2019, 14:29

That was also a bugbear of mine when I used to finish at about 4am and there was no other traffic about I’d still have to stop at just about every set of lights on the way home especially those at roundabouts. How on earth did people cope before there were lights to help them get on a roundabout.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 17 Apr 2019, 14:32

People who push in at the last minute when there is queuing traffic turning left or leaving a motorway. Had the problem this morning going across the Avonmouth bridge we were about half way across in an obvious queue, when Mr Richard Head races down to the front and signals that he wants to turn off. Obviously his time is far more important than everyone else.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 17 Apr 2019, 21:37

bristleposh wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 12:02
There are lots that annoy me, but to start the thread I’ll kick off with pedestrian crossings with lights that take so long to change back to green that Steven Hawkins would have had time to walk across.
People who are impatient and get cranky even when a disabled person needs time to cross.
Being happy never goes out of style

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 17 Apr 2019, 21:41

ashman wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 12:12
People who are impatient and tell the authorities what they should do.
"They should be shut down" not "I think it would be better if they were."

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 17 Apr 2019, 21:44

bristleposh wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 14:29
That was also a bugbear of mine when I used to finish at about 4am and there was no other traffic about I’d still have to stop at just about every set of lights on the way home especially those at roundabouts. How on earth did people cope before there were lights to help them get on a roundabout.
People who are impatient because they have to stop for two or three minutes now and again when they chose to finish at 4am and the rest of the world was in bed.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 17 Apr 2019, 21:48

bristleposh wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 14:32
People who push in at the last minute when there is queuing traffic turning left or leaving a motorway. Had the problem this morning going across the Avonmouth bridge we were about half way across in an obvious queue, when Mr Richard Head races down to the front and signals that he wants to turn off. Obviously his time is far more important than everyone else.
People who are impatient. Richard Head may have been on his way to hospital. If not he was as guilty of impatience as everyone else.
If we all just sat back and let the Richard Heads get on with it we'd all be happier.
Patience is a virtue especially on the roads.

PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic » 17 Apr 2019, 21:54

Who is Richard Head?

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 17 Apr 2019, 21:58

PoshCynic wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 21:54
Who is Richard Head?
What is the short name for someone called richard

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 17 Apr 2019, 22:02

bristleposh wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 21:58
PoshCynic wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 21:54
Who is Richard Head?
What is the short name for someone called richard
:lol:
Ask the mods.

ashman

Post by ashman » 18 Apr 2019, 07:13

People who have little or no regard as to what other people's frustrations are! :lol: :wink:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 18 Apr 2019, 08:21

ashman wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 07:13
People who have little or no regard as to what other people's frustrations are! :lol: :wink:
:stupid:

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 18 Apr 2019, 08:22

People who don't pick up there doggy doos when they walk their pets on public highways.