The play offs

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Post Reply
User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19268
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

The play offs

Post by tonyp » 16 Apr 2019, 08:44

League One play-off dates
SEMI-FINALS:
Match A
1st Leg - Saturday 11th May, 19:30
2nd Leg - Thursday 16th May, 19:45

Match B
1st Leg - Sunday 12th May, 12:15
2nd Leg - Friday 17th May, 19:45

FINAL
Sunday 26th May, 15:00

I'm saying that whichever team comes sixth (Doncaster or Posh) will go on to wi the play off final.

Is anyone else game to make a prediction? I doubt it.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28140
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: The play offs

Post by bristleposh » 16 Apr 2019, 10:10

I can't honestly see us making the play off, as much as I hope we do, I think our upcoming fixtures will see us finish in seventh.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19268
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: The play offs

Post by tonyp » 17 Apr 2019, 08:43

bristleposh wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 10:10
I can't honestly see us making the play off, as much as I hope we do, I think our upcoming fixtures will see us finish in seventh.
Good to see someone else making a prediction.

I predict that Posh will finish sixth and Barnsley will finish 3rd.

Posh to beat Barnsley at home after a draw at Barnsley.

Posh to beat Sunderland at Wembley.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28140
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: The play offs

Post by bristleposh » 17 Apr 2019, 12:04

tonyp wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 08:43
bristleposh wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 10:10
I can't honestly see us making the play off, as much as I hope we do, I think our upcoming fixtures will see us finish in seventh.
Good to see someone else making a prediction.

I predict that Posh will finish sixth and Barnsley will finish 3rd.

Posh to beat Barnsley at home after a draw at Barnsley.

Posh to beat Sunderland at Wembley.
I can see where that falls down straight away as The sixth place side would be at home to the 3rd place side in the first game.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 17477
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: The play offs

Post by ashman » 17 Apr 2019, 12:14

bristleposh wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 12:04
tonyp wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 08:43
bristleposh wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 10:10
I can't honestly see us making the play off, as much as I hope we do, I think our upcoming fixtures will see us finish in seventh.
Good to see someone else making a prediction.

I predict that Posh will finish sixth and Barnsley will finish 3rd.

Posh to beat Barnsley at home after a draw at Barnsley.

Posh to beat Sunderland at Wembley.
I can see where that falls down straight away as The sixth place side would be at home to the 3rd place side in the first game.
Well observed bristle. :clap2:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19268
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: The play offs

Post by tonyp » 17 Apr 2019, 22:10

pleasureboy60 wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 22:04
tonyp wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 21:56
bristleposh wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 12:04

I can see where that falls down straight away as The sixth place side would be at home to the 3rd place side in the first game.

However as you have now pointed out how it actually works I'll change my prediction to Posh beating Barnsley at home followed by a draw at Barnsley.
Dream on my friend!
I realise my prediction is a dream pleasureboy. But it is a pleasant dream.
I was hoping some others would make a prediction.

If I'm perfectly honest I really expect Portsmouth or Sunderland to win at Wembley, assuming one of them gets there.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28140
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: The play offs

Post by bristleposh » 18 Apr 2019, 08:24

tonyp wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 22:10

I realise my prediction is a dream pleasureboy. But it is a pleasant dream.
I was hoping some others would make a prediction.

If I'm perfectly honest I really expect Portsmouth or Sunderland to win at Wembley, assuming one of them gets there.
....and/or if it is both of them, which is still a possibility, in fact more of a probability than Posh reaching the top six
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19268
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: The play offs

Post by tonyp » 18 Apr 2019, 13:47

bristleposh wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 08:24
tonyp wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 22:10

I realise my prediction is a dream pleasureboy. But it is a pleasant dream.
I was hoping some others would make a prediction.

If I'm perfectly honest I really expect Portsmouth or Sunderland to win at Wembley, assuming one of them gets there.
....and/or if it is both of them, which is still a possibility, in fact more of a probability than Posh reaching the top six
:stupid:
But we can still dream!
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
White G
Posts: 1769
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: The play offs

Post by White G » Today, 00:07

bristleposh wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 10:10
I can't honestly see us making the play off, as much as I hope we do, I think our upcoming fixtures will see us finish in seventh.
But we got a great point at home today so everything is fine!

User avatar
White G
Posts: 1769
Joined: 04 May 2013, 22:23
Location: Globogym

Re: The play offs

Post by White G » Today, 00:10

tonyp wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 08:43
bristleposh wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 10:10
I can't honestly see us making the play off, as much as I hope we do, I think our upcoming fixtures will see us finish in seventh.
Good to see someone else making a prediction.

I predict that Posh will finish sixth and Barnsley will finish 3rd.

Posh to beat Barnsley at home after a draw at Barnsley.

Posh to beat Sunderland at Wembley.
Just you rest your brain Tony. No point looking so deeply about unlikely scenarios. You're probably better keeping your braincells for Sudoku or crosswords, they have more purpose as things stand.

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19268
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: The play offs

Post by tonyp » Today, 00:45

White G wrote:
Today, 00:07
bristleposh wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 10:10
I can't honestly see us making the play off, as much as I hope we do, I think our upcoming fixtures will see us finish in seventh.
But we got a great point at home today so everything is fine!
:stupid: We can still make the playoffs.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28140
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: The play offs

Post by bristleposh » Today, 07:47

tonyp wrote:
Today, 00:45
White G wrote:
Today, 00:07
bristleposh wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 10:10
I can't honestly see us making the play off, as much as I hope we do, I think our upcoming fixtures will see us finish in seventh.
But we got a great point at home today so everything is fine!
:stupid: We can still make the playoffs.
I'm sure I saw a fairy at the end of my garden
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Post Reply