Fleetwood v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

tonyp

Fleetwood v Posh

Post by tonyp » 14 Apr 2019, 02:52

Another must win game. They all are.
Doncaster have a tough game away to Sunderland and this has to be our chance to get to only two points behind them.
Being happy never goes out of style

bristleposh

Re: Fleetwood v Posh

Post by bristleposh » 14 Apr 2019, 08:44

I wonder wether they'll have a new manager bounce, because it would appear inconcievable that Joey 'the nutter' Barton will be gone, if he's not already.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 14 Apr 2019, 14:34

bristleposh wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 08:44
I wonder wether they'll have a new manager bounce, because it would appear inconcievable that Joey 'the nutter' Barton will be gone, if he's not already.
How Barton still works in football I have no idea. Barnsleys manager lost two teeth in that incident yesterday.

ashman

Post by ashman » 14 Apr 2019, 15:08

DaveLister wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 14:34
bristleposh wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 08:44
How Barton still works in football I have no idea. Barnsleys manager lost two teeth in that incident yesterday.
Fans can be given life bans for simply chanting a few pathetically chosen words. Joey Barton needs to be given a life ban too, although I'm sure it won't happen - 'Joey has given so much to British football over the years!' What a load of b****x!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 14 Apr 2019, 21:06

Agreed Ashman. Though I seriously doubt, or I hope, Fleetwood will still be employing him by the time they play us.

PoshCynic

Post by PoshCynic » 15 Apr 2019, 17:25

I was shocked by the number of occasions ( as published in the Daily Mail) that Barton has committed acts of violence.

Will never learn. Especially after this latest instance (if proven) he should not be allowed to work in football any longer in my opinion.

ashman

Post by ashman » 15 Apr 2019, 23:00

Fleetwood Town v Peterborough United (15:00)

REFEREE: TOM NIELD

Assistants: Christopher Ward and Simon Clayton

Fourth Official: Kevin Mulraine

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 19 Apr 2019, 15:25

Penalty for the Posh.
Maddison kicks it straight at the goalkeeper.
Some people will say that the goalie saved it.
In fact MM missed it.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 19 Apr 2019, 16:28

Great goal from Maddison.
Good game this.
Posh deserve to be in the lead. Just hope that can increase the lead or even just hang on.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 19 Apr 2019, 16:58

1-1
You could see it coming though.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 19 Apr 2019, 17:05

Ah well.
Playoffs probably out of the question now.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 19 Apr 2019, 17:53

Sadly I fear it has been for quite some time. The final nail in the coffin came when Posh having not learned that their young substitute could throw the ball further than most of our players can kick it. An unnecessary panicked header by the previously superb Bennett. Replacing Toney and Dembele seem in hind sight to have also contributed to our undoing.

ashman

Post by ashman » 20 Apr 2019, 02:14

With twelve points to play for we are still four points behind Doncaster but with a game in hand. If we beat Sunderland on Monday we could be just one point behind. We need to be two points ahead of them (goal difference could still play a part) If Doncaster slip up again we could just get into the playoffs with two games to go. It is however looking likely that we will have missed out by a whisker. We have gained three points in November, seven in December, three in February, six in March, and seven so far in April and we are slowly picking up momentum again but I fear that it still might not be enough. I'm certainly not giving up until it is mathematically impossible for us the get into the playoffs on May 4th.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 20 Apr 2019, 07:58

ashman wrote:
20 Apr 2019, 02:14
With twelve points to play for we are still four points behind Doncaster but with a game in hand. If we beat Sunderland on Monday we could be just one point behind. We need to be two points ahead of them (goal difference could still play a part) If Doncaster slip up again we could just get into the playoffs with two games to go. It is however looking likely that we will have missed out by a whisker. We have gained three points in November, seven in December, three in February, six in March, and seven so far in April and we are slowly picking up momentum again but I fear that it still might not be enough. I'm certainly not giving up until it is mathematically impossible for us the get into the playoffs on May 4th.
As the Doncaster result turned out we were about 30 seconds away from having matters in our own hands when that goal went in at Fleetwood. As I said if the two late substitutions had not been made, our defensive frailty may not have come back to haunt us. Toney despite his propensity to waste so many golden opportunities at the sharp end, has been massive at the blunt end, especially towards the back end of games. Dembele was being wound up but had he remained on the pitch their defenders would not have been comfortable storming forward like they were able to.
Two pieces of Magic that deserve comment were a back pass to the keeper from the penalty spot, and an inch perfect pass on the half way line directly to Wallace probably the best pass the Scot received all day. Other than that, Magic had put in a man of the match performance.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 20 Apr 2019, 08:08

bristleposh wrote:
19 Apr 2019, 17:53
Sadly I fear it has been for quite some time. The final nail in the coffin came when Posh having not learned that their young substitute could throw the ball further than most of our players can kick it. An unnecessary panicked header by the previously superb Bennett. Replacing Toney and Dembele seem in hind sight to have also contributed to our undoing.
Chapman should have shouted, he did exactly the same thing in the first half but we got away with it.
He did two excellent saves but a keepers voice is a major part of their armoury and as could be seen at the end of the match a fair few of the players were saying the same thing.

The substitutions were at the time the right thing to do and we defended the lead pretty comfortably.

Your previous petty remarks about MM were pointless in general but I'm sure you enjoyed them.
He certainly was not MoM but nor was he poor.

I don't agree with what Ashman said at the end of the match about us inviting the opposition on when leading, shortly before their goal Coops tricked their centre half into a professional foul which should have resulted in a red card and game over one would have thought but the incredibly weak referee bottled it. That came from us still attacking and frankly the defence had performed well as they have as a team for a while.

It was a highly fed up car for the return journey which was 2 hours quicker than the one up there :roll: