Blackpool v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19268
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Blackpool v Posh

Post by tonyp » 06 Apr 2019, 22:43

On February 18th 2018 we drew 1-1 in front of 301 Posh fans. . Their goal was a handball but the ref missed it.

On December 19th 2015 we lost 2-0. There were more than 300 Poshies there.
Blackpool's Mark Cullen missed a penalty in the 2nd minute but scored from the rebound.
Maddison was on the bench until he replaced Lee Angol after 46 minutes.

As this is a must win game (for both sides) I'm going for a close game with Posh winning with a last minute penalty.
Being happy never goes out of style

pleasureboy60
Posts: 280
Joined: 25 May 2011, 09:27

Re: Blackpool v Posh

Post by pleasureboy60 » 07 Apr 2019, 13:37

I'm sticking to my original prediction's which I made a few weeks ago. So far so good. I predicted we would get nothing from home to Cov. Would beat Wycombe and Gills. Lose away to Blackpool and Pompey,draw at Fleetwood. Draw home to Rochdale and Burton. Lose to Sunderland
9 points from last 9 games. Division 1 next season!

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19268
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Blackpool v Posh

Post by tonyp » 08 Apr 2019, 08:39

pleasureboy60 wrote:
07 Apr 2019, 13:37
Division 1 next season!
Sounds good to me.
But it is Division 3!
Division 1 is the Premier League.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 17477
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Blackpool v Posh

Post by ashman » 10 Apr 2019, 07:10

Blackpool v Peterborough United (15:00)

REFEREE: PETER WRIGHT

Assistants: Paul Graham and Richard Woodward

Fourth Official: Mark Cunliffe
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28140
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Blackpool v Posh

Post by bristleposh » 10 Apr 2019, 08:15

ashman wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 07:10
Blackpool v Peterborough United (15:00)

REFEREE: PETER WRIGHT

I wonder what colour he'll have his hair done...Image
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19268
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Blackpool v Posh

Post by tonyp » 10 Apr 2019, 08:19

bristleposh wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 08:15
ashman wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 07:10
Blackpool v Peterborough United (15:00)

REFEREE: PETER WRIGHT

I wonder what colour he'll have his hair done...Image
Hopefully not red.
He was the referee for the game versus Plymouth on 2nd February this year when we lost 0-1. Tomlin was sent off in first half stoppage time.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28140
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Blackpool v Posh

Post by bristleposh » 10 Apr 2019, 08:23

It could be

Image
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
Claude Rains
Posts: 54
Joined: 04 Mar 2016, 17:47

Re: Blackpool v Posh

Post by Claude Rains » 10 Apr 2019, 17:30

The one Blackpool trip I missed since 2000 was where Curtis Woodhouse bossed the match and we won to stay up in League One. I have never seen us win at Bloomfield Road.

I'll stay at home in the hope of another win.
You can see me. Nobody sees me, do you hear me? Nobody sees me. I'm invisible!

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19268
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Blackpool v Posh

Post by tonyp » 13 Apr 2019, 17:03

Another boring game.
That's two in a row that I've watched on iFollow.
But we won. And I heard nipper's rattle during the game.
And..
We can still make the play offs.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
DaveLister
Second Technician
Posts: 16176
Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 06:10
Location: On board the mining vessel Red Dwarf

Re: Blackpool v Posh

Post by DaveLister » 13 Apr 2019, 17:34

Great news to come back from work to. Three wins in a row and six goals in seven for maddison. We won't go up this year and the team needs major changes for next season, but many positive signs.
Image

User avatar
ashman
Posts: 17477
Joined: 07 Aug 2005, 08:51

Re: Blackpool v Posh

Post by ashman » 13 Apr 2019, 21:46

tonyp wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 17:03
Another boring game.
That's two in a row that I've watched on iFollow.
But we won. And I heard nipper's rattle during the game.
And..
We can still make the play offs.
It wasn't a boring game at all. It was all about tactically trying to get a win against a team that had only lost two games in the last six and were just three points behind us and were playing at home. It was their last chance to make an impression on getting into the playoffs and they were completely outfought and outthought by Fergie and his team. The way that our players made sure that they got to the ball before the opposition to try to be creative with the ball was really refreshing. We had become used to waiting for a loose ball to be seized upon by opposition players and then vainly trying to hoof the ball away at the earliest opportunity. That attitude has been thoroughly altered by Fergie and is beginning to prove very effective. If you find watching iFollow boring I suggest that you turn your computer off and get out and enjoy the wonderful Australian sun!
I think that the Blackpool paying public are only too pleased that they have got rid of that scurrilous Oyston character and will start again from the beginning of next year.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19268
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Blackpool v Posh

Post by tonyp » 13 Apr 2019, 23:47

ashman wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 21:46
tonyp wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 17:03
Another boring game.
That's two in a row that I've watched on iFollow.
But we won. And I heard nipper's rattle during the game.
And..
We can still make the play offs.
It wasn't a boring game at all. It was all about tactically trying to get a win against a team that had only lost two games in the last six and were just three points behind us and were playing at home. It was their last chance to make an impression on getting into the playoffs and they were completely outfought and outthought by Fergie and his team. The way that our players made sure that they got to the ball before the opposition to try to be creative with the ball was really refreshing. We had become used to waiting for a loose ball to be seized upon by opposition players and then vainly trying to hoof the ball away at the earliest opportunity. That attitude has been thoroughly altered by Fergie and is beginning to prove very effective. If you find watching iFollow boring I suggest that you turn your computer off and get out and enjoy the wonderful Australian sun!
I think that the Blackpool paying public are only too pleased that they have got rid of that scurrilous Oyston character and will start again from the beginning of next year.
:lol:
As you often say it's all about opinions.
It was boring for most of the time. I kept watching because I wanted to see Posh score another goal. I don't know why we ever thought Blackpool would beat us to the playoffs.
Watching iFollow is not the problem. It's the standard of football and the standard of commentary.
You can suggest what you like but I can tell you that when I switch my computer off between 12 midnight and 2 am there is no Australian sun!
I enjoy watching the Posh even if it is boring.
I still think we can make the playoffs.
Being happy never goes out of style

User avatar
bristleposh
Posts: 28140
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:14
Location: El Dub

Re: Blackpool v Posh

Post by bristleposh » 14 Apr 2019, 08:43

ashman wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 21:46

It wasn't a boring game at all.
Oh but it was, only one team wanted to win the other team was wearing their sun tan lotion ready for an extended holiday on the beach, it takes two to tango and sadly only one team turned up. I was more than happy with the result but as a spectacle it was dire.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

User avatar
tonyp
Posts: 19268
Joined: 25 Jun 2005, 14:22
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Blackpool v Posh

Post by tonyp » 14 Apr 2019, 09:40

bristleposh wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 08:43
I was more than happy with the result .
So was I and so, I am sure, we all were.
:clap: :clap:
Being happy never goes out of style

Wycliffe
Posts: 1684
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 07:20
Location: PISA land

Re: Blackpool v Posh

Post by Wycliffe » 14 Apr 2019, 12:03

tonyp wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 17:03
Another boring game.
That's two in a row that I've watched on iFollow.
But we won. And I heard nipper's rattle during the game.
And..
We can still make the play offs.
Like ashman I didn't find it boring at all. Intriguing is the word i'd use
We played the better football, they pressed late on and we defended very well across the whole back 4.
That is to be commended as sure as hell that's not something we have done successfully these past 3 months, a great improvement these past few matches and not something Fergie is renowned for.

Post Reply