Ernie Moss

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

Narrowboat Dave

Ernie Moss

Post by Narrowboat Dave » 29 Mar 2019, 09:15

Those of us of a certain age will remember Ernie as an old fashioned, if somewhat immobile, centre forward who had a brief spell with Posh under Noel Cantwell in 1975-1976 playing in 35 games and scoring 9 goals.

He is better remembered at Chesterfield where he is a club legend playing in over 500 games for The Spireites.

There is a sad article intoday’s Daily Mail describing his family’s struggles in looking after him following diagnoses of dementia and then Pick’s Disease. They have to do everything for him, with the money laden PFA doing nothing to assist.

As one of his daughters says, “He (Gordon Taylor) just sits in his ivory tower looking up at his Lowry, while we were wiping Dad’s backside, sitting there and hoping we would all shut up”.

A truly distressing story about a player who never set the world on fire, but deserves so much better.

ashman

Re: Ernie Moss

Post by ashman » 29 Mar 2019, 11:17

Disgraceful. I liked old Ernie. Reminded me of Herman Munster but was a 100% trier for Posh
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 29 Mar 2019, 13:38

shocking
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 29 Mar 2019, 17:26

Is he a member of the PFA?

I remember him playing for Kettering Town in the twilight of his career, he was certainly a unit who could put himself about but was a hard working honest player.

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 29 Mar 2019, 20:54

An excellent player, well liked, always played to his utmost. I liked him very much.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.