Fickle

General discussion - chat about anything you want!

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

OBM

Fickle

Post by OBM » 17 Mar 2019, 01:05

In the 46 years I have supported Posh I have had

2 wives
31 cars
4 jobs
8 houses
2 bungalows
3 hernias

Why have I limited myself to 1 team and why the fcuk was it Posh?

Poshay

Re: Fickle

Post by Poshay » 17 Mar 2019, 08:39

If I can't be near the team I love I love the team I'm near. See my footnote! :wink:
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 17 Mar 2019, 08:58

Poshay wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 08:39
If I can't be near the team I love I love the team I'm near. See my footnote! :wink:
If I can't be near the team I love I still love the team I'm not near. See my footnote :wink:
Being happy never goes out of style

ashman

Post by ashman » 17 Mar 2019, 09:14

OBM wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 01:05

2 wives
31 cars
4 jobs
8 houses
2 bungalows
3 hernias

.... because we were born into it and in most of that time I have been immensely proud of our club.
Sitting on the terrace after the let down at Wrexham in 1978 as we missed out on promotion to Division 2 (now called The Championship) was an extremely low point.
The only other times I have felt a twinge or two was when the 'warts and all' programme involving Steve Bleasdale, Sean St Ledger and Ron Atkinson's revelations about the interior goings on at the club were aired.
This was rivalled by the dramatic events at Crystal Palace on 4th. May 2013 which are etched on my Posh memories forever and we are still recovering from that.
After the Steve Evans debacle I am feeling just about as low as I was at all those times. I feel that he has left us with no recourse other than recalling Darren Ferguson who is onto a hiding to nothing. A good swell of younger supporters are just not understanding the difficulties that he faces and how this will affect us for maybe a couple of years still. The club are solvent, we have a wonderful chairman and the possibility of a new ground is becoming closer all the time. Please get behind the footballing area of the club and all try to pull in one direction.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 17 Mar 2019, 09:53

I'm lucky, I moved away, but it still hurts. In this day and age I can still watch every game, but I hate it, some of the football on show yesterday was OK, but the final pass and the final finish was just not there, we have a proven goal scorere sitting on the bench and yet he is never utuilisedalmost 300 minutes since a striker got the ball in the net legally and still the manager refuses to let the youngsters loose.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

OBM

Post by OBM » 17 Mar 2019, 12:36

Yes I too was at Wrexham, and boy that hurt and yes it is hurting now too. Trouble is we got a taste of success and now want more. I do agree that Stevens should have been given a run before now, it would be barking not to give him a go now. Looks like Fergie is the chosen one but cannot see this being a quick fix.

Anyhow, Up the Posh.

stuie

Post by stuie » 17 Mar 2019, 14:27

Just follow the team where I was born and bred, not where I live
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 17 Mar 2019, 17:07

ashman wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 09:14
OBM wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 01:05

2 wives
31 cars
4 jobs
8 houses
2 bungalows
3 hernias

.... because we were born into it and in most of that time I have been immensely proud of our club.
Sitting on the terrace after the let down at Wrexham in 1978 as we missed out on promotion to Division 2 (now called The Championship) was an extremely low point.
The only other times I have felt a twinge or two was when the 'warts and all' programme involving Steve Bleasdale, Sean St Ledger and Ron Atkinson's revelations about the interior goings on at the club were aired.
This was rivalled by the dramatic events at Crystal Palace on 4th. May 2013 which are etched on my Posh memories forever and we are still recovering from that.
After the Steve Evans debacle I am feeling just about as low as I was at all those times. I feel that he has left us with no recourse other than recalling Darren Ferguson who is onto a hiding to nothing. A good swell of younger supporters are just not understanding the difficulties that he faces and how this will affect us for maybe a couple of years still. The club are solvent, we have a wonderful chairman and the possibility of a new ground is becoming closer all the time. Please get behind the footballing area of the club and all try to pull in one direction.
I dunno Ashman. I see your Steve Evans debacle and raise you the dark days of the 1980s. That we still have a club to support is thankful to John Devaney imo.

ashman

Post by ashman » 17 Mar 2019, 17:11

DaveLister wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 17:07
I dunno Ashman. I see your Steve Evans debacle and raise you the dark days of the 1980s. That we still have a club to support is thankful to John Devaney imo.
Point taken. Ditto Dmac too! We will survive!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 17 Mar 2019, 23:34

ashman wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 17:11
DaveLister wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 17:07
Point taken. Ditto Dmac too! We will survive!
Now you've gone all Gloria Gaynor on us
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761