Next season.

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

pleasureboy60

Next season.

Post by pleasureboy60 » 14 Mar 2019, 10:13

If we fail to get into the play offs this season, which is becoming increasingly unlikely, then what does the future hold for next season? At this moment in time it all looks quite depressing and hardly fills you with much excitement and encouragement.
A glut of sub standard players on long contracts which are going to be difficult to move on.
No star assets to sell to raise cash with which to purchase new players unlike previous seasons.
A lack of youth players coming through the academy system.
Poor season ticket sales which will obviously reflect on spending for new players.
Uncertainty about who will be the new manager?
Could be yet another of mediocre football and of limited success!

ashman

Re: Next season.

Post by ashman » 14 Mar 2019, 12:12

Quite possibly but only for a limited time. Patience is a virtue and we must consolidate a position in League One again. After the idiocy of the previous manager and his puppet I think that the club has been pushed back two or three years. It is not unlike the position that the game at Crystal Palace left us. We have however survived, although not at the rate that we all wanted, and we must consider ourselves in a better situation than several other teams that have dropped out of the main league.
For this, although at times it has been quite painful, we must give tremendous credit to Darragh McAnthony. I am sure that he and his Canadian friends will see us develop in the next few years. Maybe the Canadians will prove to be a touch more patient than DMac alone and make him realise that we must learn to run again before we can walk up those leagues.
For those who constantly criticise and antagonise him they need to realise that they themselves are more likely to do damage to our club than he and his colleagues are likely to.

This Tweet from him earlier today makes my blood boil. If he decides he can't support us any more, then those keyboard idiots will be to blame.

Darragh MacAnthony
@DMAC102
My son is a teenager and if he spoke or acted like some of those on here; id be ashamed of job I did bringing him up. And if they all feel I should move on, my advice to these future world beaters would be 'be careful what you wish for'
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 14 Mar 2019, 13:30

He might be better served staying off Twitter or only using it for his business dealings rather than football related things. I'm amazed he finds the time anyway what with 3 kids, a wife, football club & a business to run!

I disagree slightly with Pleasureboy re assets to sell, Maddison & Toney would surely fetch enough to keep the wolf from the door and provide enough £££s to rebuild. Hopefully some of the Evans dross are only on 1 or 2 year deals & surely even that clown knew that if he fluked promotion then League 2 players wouldn't cut it in the Championship, but then again this was a man who signed Daniel & Bennett so..................

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 14 Mar 2019, 20:09

pleasureboy60 wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 10:13
If we fail to get into the play offs this season, which is becoming increasingly unlikely, then what does the future hold for next season? At this moment in time it all looks quite depressing and hardly fills you with much excitement and encouragement.
A glut of sub standard players on long contracts which are going to be difficult to move on.
No star assets to sell to raise cash with which to purchase new players unlike previous seasons.
A lack of youth players coming through the academy system.
Poor season ticket sales which will obviously reflect on spending for new players.
Uncertainty about who will be the new manager?
Could be yet another of mediocre football and of limited success!
Thought most of them were put on 2 year contracts so only have a year left. They won't be offered a new contract so therefore will be on the list.
Then the hard work will begin getting shot of them