Bradford City v Posh

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

bristleposh

Bradford City v Posh

Post by bristleposh » 04 Mar 2019, 17:15

After a good result, will there be any changes given that Ivan will be back, personally I'd hope he sticks with the same front three.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

dunc

Re: Bradford City v Posh

Post by dunc » 04 Mar 2019, 18:02

I hope he sticks with a formation that brings out the best of our "star" players

ashman

Post by ashman » 08 Mar 2019, 07:52

Bradford City v Peterborough United

Referee: MATTHEW DONOHUE

Assistant referees: Danny Gratton and Simon Clayton

Fourth Official: Gary Hilton
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

DaveLister
Second Technician

Post by DaveLister » 09 Mar 2019, 18:27

Marcus earns a consolation from the spot, but it's a 3-1 defeat at Bradford :cry:

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 09 Mar 2019, 18:32

At least Donny lost.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 09 Mar 2019, 18:55

That was not the outcome I expected.
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 09 Mar 2019, 20:37

For those of you (and some I of them I like very much) you really need to take a long hard look at yourself as do the players.

They should be embarrassed and frankly so should you.

Don't boo, don't jeer but surely don't applaud.

:roll:

ashman

Post by ashman » 09 Mar 2019, 22:06

Wycliffe wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 20:37
For those of you (and some I of them I like very much) you really need to take a long hard look at yourself as do the players.

Everybody is allowed their own opinions Adi. If people feel they want to applaud a team at the end of the game, no matter how poor it may seem to you or others, then they are perfectly within their right to do so. If turning to the departing crowd and raising your hands in the air encouraging them to cease their applause then that is also within your right to do.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 09 Mar 2019, 22:26

bristleposh wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 18:55
That was not the outcome I expected.
:stupid:
I didn't get up and watch it last night. Instead I did what I normally do and looked up the scores to see how many we won by.
I was very disappointed. Much as I want us to make the play-offs it seems that we will be relying on Grant McCann to help us out.
Being happy never goes out of style

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 10 Mar 2019, 10:00

Roll on August when the new fixtures come out and let's look forward to playing Lincoln, Mansfield,MKDons,Ipswich and Millwall

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 10 Mar 2019, 10:49

ashman wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 22:06
Wycliffe wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 20:37

Everybody is allowed their own opinions Adi. If people feel they want to applaud a team at the end of the game, no matter how poor it may seem to you or others, then they are perfectly within their right to do so. If turning to the departing crowd and raising your hands in the air encouraging them to cease their applause then that is also within your right to do.
Of course but I would love to know what on earth they are applauding.
Let those doing it answer the perfectly reasonable question the answer to which I am genuinely interested to know as I am baffled.

ashman

Post by ashman » 10 Mar 2019, 12:53

I don't think it is totally baffling! I think that as much as anything that they are applauding themselves for making an effort. Some people will applaud individual players efforts. Some people will abuse individual players. For me, abusing players and the team is far more disappointing than simply walking down the exit tunnels at the end if things have not gone quite as planned. Yesterday Lee Tomlin came over to the fans to show his appreciation of the support but he seemed to be perplexed about your reaction. At the end of the day all the fans are doing is showing their support for their team. (I'm sure that you can concur with this)
You will regularly get up out of your seat to encourage fans to join in with the chants, claps and applause when things are going slightly wrong, as well as when we are running as a well oiled machine. I applaud this move by you , as long as you don't disturb fans behind you (such as Brian and other older members of the Posh family!)
What I cannot understand is turning your back on the players and waving as you did yesterday as if you are singularly hurling abuse at them. In no way is that being helpful to the club. Players know when they have had a shocker. They don't need a further kicking when they are down. They got enough of that when Evans was in charge!
Answer the perfectly reasonable question as to why you feel it is in the interests of the players and new found fans to act in this manner.

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 10 Mar 2019, 14:53

ashman wrote:
10 Mar 2019, 12:53
I don't think it is totally baffling! I think that as much as anything that they are applauding themselves for making an effort. Some people will applaud individual players efforts. Some people will abuse individual players. For me, abusing players and the team is far more disappointing than simply walking down the exit tunnels at the end if things have not gone quite as planned. Yesterday Lee Tomlin came over to the fans to show his appreciation of the support but he seemed to be perplexed about your reaction. At the end of the day all the fans are doing is showing their support for their team. (I'm sure that you can concur with this)
You will regularly get up out of your seat to encourage fans to join in with the chants, claps and applause when things are going slightly wrong, as well as when we are running as a well oiled machine. I applaud this move by you , as long as you don't disturb fans behind you (such as Brian and other older members of the Posh family!)
What I cannot understand is turning your back on the players and waving as you did yesterday as if you are singularly hurling abuse at them. In no way is that being helpful to the club. Players know when they have had a shocker. They don't need a further kicking when they are down. They got enough of that when Evans was in charge!
Answer the perfectly reasonable question as to why you feel it is in the interests of the players and new found fans to act in this manner.
WOW!!

No abuse heard around me and certainly none from me

Tomlin seemed perplexed by my, 1 person's reaction?
I stood with my arms folded.

I turned my back to look at those applauding and despite knowing in my mind who it would be before doing so I thought it best to check, I have to be honest those doing it seemed to be clapping as a sign of protest to those who weren't :D

Unlike you and yours I can answer your question very easily.

If I have a rubbish meal I send it back like I did yesterday with the disgusting pie I was served in the ground, If a pint I am served doesn't taste right I also send it back and demand a replacement.

Whilst I assume you'd congratulate the chef or barman I air my greviances.
Yesterday the team tried and tbf the first half they should have gone ahead and not just with that seemingly wrongly disallowed goal.
However the team let themselves and us down second half, I was unable to applaud the couple who deserved any kind of approval so chose to fold my arms so the message was received, I cannot believe for one second any of those players give a monkeys about my reaction and I didn't or don't consider it kicking them when they are down.

In summary where have I ever said it is in the best interests of the players or new found fans(?) for me to fold my arms.
Some were booing around me but I didn't.

It's not often I am criticised for being silent :lol:

see you Tuesday

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 12 Mar 2019, 16:21

Adi, your arms weren’t folded .... I’ll demonstrate tonight exactly how they were.

Like I already said, I applauded for the effort. Yes, I know it wasn’t good enough but, like I already said, I believe they tried their best. I, also, believe that no player goes onto the pitch and thinks “I’m gonna play sh*t today”

And yes, I’d complain in a restaurant but I don’t love a restaurant like I love my Club.

And no, I wasn’t applauding to annoy those who weren’t. I’m not silly.
We go again...
Proud to be POSH