POSH v SHREWSBURY

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

POSH v SHREWSBURY

Post by ashman » 21 Feb 2019, 07:57

Peterborough United v Shrewsbury Town (15:00)

REFEREE: KEVIN JOHNSON

Assistant Referees: Conor Farrell and Paul Graham

Fourth Official: Christopher Pollard
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Re: POSH v SHREWSBURY

Post by bristleposh » 21 Feb 2019, 09:06

That should give us an unfair advantage, what with an ex manager as referee and a winger running the line, and another who used to play for us in the early sixties, and the fourth official having played for us back in the eighties
The Difference Between Stupidity and Genius Is That Genius Has Its Limits

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 23 Feb 2019, 16:38

Who'd have thunk it, from cruising at 1-0 to 1-2 down and a man down.

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 23 Feb 2019, 19:22

Hardly cruising. Up to the point when Toney handled and got sent off Shrews were the better team. They continued to be the better team when it was 10 v 11 and then 10 v 10. Posh were poor in every aspect of the game which was not good timing when they were expecting fans to renew their season tickets..
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

ashman

Post by ashman » 23 Feb 2019, 21:48

Some of the ridiculous comments on all forms of social media tonight are totally disrespectful of the manager, the players, the owner and the directors.
Ferguson can only deal with what he has been left with. The appointment of a previous manager is overshadowed only by the debacle at Palace all those years ago. Brian and I both said that that result would be felt for many a year. It has been proved to be so. I am saying that the appointment of a manger who sells roughly 20 of all the club's assets and brings in 20 players who are not really up to the job will echo back down the following seasons. Brian?

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 23 Feb 2019, 23:53

ashman wrote:
23 Feb 2019, 21:48
Some of the ridiculous comments on all forms of social media tonight are totally disrespectful of the manager, the players, the owner and the directors.
Ferguson can only deal with what he has been left with. The appointment of a previous manager is overshadowed only by the debacle at Palace all those years ago. Brian and I both said that that result would be felt for many a year. It has been proved to be so. I am saying that the appointment of a manger who sells roughly 20 of all the club's assets and brings in 20 players who are not really up to the job will echo back down the following seasons. Brian?
Taking on Evans has put our team building plans back by 2-3 years at least sorry to say IMO. :cry:
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

ashman

Post by ashman » 24 Feb 2019, 03:19

Brianposh wrote:
23 Feb 2019, 23:53
ashman wrote:
Taking on Evans has put our team building plans back by 2-3 years at least sorry to say IMO. :cry:
Absolutely. So where do we go now? Continue with Fergie or start afresh?

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 24 Feb 2019, 10:40

ashman wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 03:19
Brianposh wrote:
ashman wrote:
If Fergie is taken on he will be able to dictate his transfer kitty/own terms even though the money is required elsewhere. If the terms are not to his satisfaction he will turn it down for certain as it requires major "surgery" to get us back to being competitive once again.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.

Poshay

Post by Poshay » 24 Feb 2019, 12:31

This Posh side must be bad if even their die hard supporters on this forum have given up on them.
Halifax Town,Huddersfield Town Leeds United Hibernian Millwall Margate POSH
From the Slough of Despond to the Land of Hope for Glory. : :P l:

ashman

Post by ashman » 24 Feb 2019, 14:32

Poshay wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 12:31
This Posh side must be bad if even their die hard supporters on this forum have given up on them.
We haven't given up on them! We are trying to make some sense out of the chaos that the previous manager and coach left us in. We are supporters of the club and are merely wondering in which direction we will be going next season. That doesn't mean we have already given up on this season. There are twelve games left. We are only two points behind sixth placed Doncaster (the only realistic team we could catch, albeit with them having two games in hand).
There are still 36 points to be fought over and to throw in the towel at this stage would be rather premature TBH.

ashman

Post by ashman » 24 Feb 2019, 14:38

Brianposh wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 10:40
ashman wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 03:19
Brianposh wrote:

If Fergie is taken on he will be able to dictate his transfer kitty/own terms even though the money is required elsewhere. If the terms are not to his satisfaction he will turn it down for certain as it requires major "surgery" to get us back to being competitive once again.
His name is not Steve Evans :roll: and the chances of Darren even being allowed to commit major surgery after the disastrous comings and goings of last close season are nil. Another valuable lesson learned by DMac and the chances of DF negotiating a prolonged contract for next year are getting thinner by the week!

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 24 Feb 2019, 15:46

Personally i want to see a new managerial structure put into place as soon as this season has ended.
As much as i appreciate all Fergie Junior has done and achieved at this club, i feel we require new blood.
I think our chairman has to stop dwelling on past achievements and favoritism and maybe look at an experienced manager who has managed at a higher level.
All to often over the last few seasons we have seen managers come and go who quite frankly have been chancers and who have been the cheaper option.
As i've said on this forum many times before, i am not interested in new ground or training developments. We seem to be putting the cart before the horse. Whether we build a new 15,000 capacity state of the art stadium or play on the council waste tip, we are only going to attract our 6000-7000 die hards.This is not a football city and never will be!
Lets pay whatever it costs to sign up an experienced, managerial team and let them manage the club without any inside interference. A big name manager who has contacts and the willingness to attract good footballers to this club. We cant afford to take the risk of signing up another all talk and no results man. we have tried this so many times and quite simply it don't work.
I think offering Fergie the job full time would be a step backwards.

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 24 Feb 2019, 17:03

We need an actual football coach, someone with the ability to coach players and make them better players, after all that is what a coach is supposed to do. I honestly don’t know if Fergie is the man for the job or not.

Unfortunately we are stuck with the absolute dross that the fraud signed in the summer and as a club can’t afford to do that all over again this summer. Get rid of the loan signings as, Ben White aside, they are bang average at best. Hopefully some of the dross are on 1 year deals and we can get rid and start next season with a settled small squad that an actual coach can work with.

I said in the summer that Evans was killing this club but was shouted down by his now absent fan club but have been proven 100% correct.

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 24 Feb 2019, 17:30

The new Manager will have to be able to work and UNDERSTAND Darragh, otherwise it will be still on the merry go round. :?

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 24 Feb 2019, 17:36

Perhaps if Cardiff get rid of Colin we could try and get him.