Doncaster Rovers Information

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

DRFC_SLO

Doncaster Rovers Information

Post by DRFC_SLO » 07 Feb 2019, 22:05

Hello everyone

First, can I introduce myself I am the Supporter Liaison Officer (SLO) at Doncaster Rovers. I am here just to post a quick message and some information regarding your visit to the Keepmoat Stadium.

On Saturday the Peterborough fans will be allocated our North Stand, which holds around 3300 fans. If you travel without a ticket, you will be able to purchase these from our 'Club Doncaster Academy' which is located next to the away end. Myself and the stewards will be able to direct you if you need help.

Parking is available at the stadium in car park 3 at the price of £5. Disabled parking spaces can be booked through the clubs Box Office by calling 01302 762576.

Once you have arrived at the Keepmoat there will be food and drink available in the ground. If you would like a drink and a bite to eat before you enter the ground, then the away fans are welcome in the Belle Vue Bar (named after our former ground) which is located at the West Stand. Where you can try our very own range of Doncaster Rovers beers! Also known as Rovers1879 and Copps Hopps.

We have also this season launched a ‘Family Section’ in the away end. Before the game kids can participate in fun, skill-based activities which include football drills and penalty practice. A face painter will be available as well as a games console to show off their FIFA skills.

Below is a link to our away fans guide that was produced by the club with information regarding the Keepmoat and the surrounding areas. If you have the time it is well worth a read.
https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/fans/away-fans/

If you have any questions then please leave a comment, my email address is dean.medcalf@clubdoncaster.co.uk or you can tweet me at @drfc_away.

Thank you for your time and I hope that you all have a safe journey.

Kind Regards
Dean Medcalf
Supporter Liaison Officer
Doncaster Rovers FC

bristleposh

Re: Doncaster Rovers Information

Post by bristleposh » 07 Feb 2019, 23:54

Great post, I won't be there, too far to travel, but it would be so nice if every club would make such an effort to promote their club
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 08 Feb 2019, 08:37

bristleposh wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 23:54
Great post, I won't be there, too far to travel, but it would be so nice if every club would make such an effort to promote their club
I agree.
However it does, it seems ,go hand in hand with a new stadium.
Sure as hell I don't recall them doing it when they had a proper ground in the city, without a 35 minute walk, that had an atmosphere.

ashman

Post by ashman » 08 Feb 2019, 09:36

Wycliffe wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 08:37
bristleposh wrote:
I agree.
Sure as hell I don't recall them doing it when they had a proper ground in the city, without a 35 minute walk, that had an atmosphere.
Agreed. If you couldn't produce all those superb facilities nowadays when you create a new stadium, then there has to be something seriously wrong with your planners. I just hope that one day we will be able to showcase facilities similar to these. (that's almost admitting that we are more than likely to leave The Abax, something that I have always looked on in horror!)
The 15,231 is an all-seated stadium owned by Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council and rented by the club. It would be interesting to find out just how much they pay their council in relation to what Darragh has been paying PCC for a much poorer London Road???
The old Belle Vue Stadium served them well for ages and their ladies still retain that name being 'The Doncaster Rovers Belles' and have become one of the most successful of all the women's teams.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 08 Feb 2019, 10:25

ashman wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 09:36
Wycliffe wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 08:37
bristleposh wrote:
I agree.
Agreed. If you couldn't produce all those superb facilities nowadays when you create a new stadium, then there has to be something seriously wrong with your planners. I just hope that one day we will be able to showcase facilities similar to these. (that's almost admitting that we are more than likely to leave The Abax, something that I have always looked on in horror!)
The 15,231 is an all-seated stadium owned by Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council and rented by the club. It would be interesting to find out just how much they pay their council in relation to what Darragh has been paying PCC for a much poorer London Road???
The old Belle Vue Stadium served them well for ages and their ladies still retain that name being 'The Doncaster Rovers Belles' and have become one of the most successful of all the women's teams.
https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2012/decemb ... scussions/

Bloody Hell!!!

The new rental agreement includes:

- 99 year lease agreement - all assets transferred for £1
- £100,000 per year rent
- Annual rent reduced to £10,000 per year for first 9 years to account for existing naming rights agreement
- A wide range of annual Community obligations included as consideration
- Responsibility for all running costs with exception of insurance contribution
- £75,000 per year contribution from Doncaster Council to insurances
- Full operational control
- A cheque to the Club from the Council for £400,000 for refurbishment of the Keepmoat stadium
- Stadium to maintained in a reasonable condition, fair wear and tear expected
- Permission required from Council for significant changes to structure
- Permission required from Council for changes of use
- A £7000 a year lease for the club training ground
- All food and beverage and stadium income for the club's revenues 365 days a year

ashman

Post by ashman » 08 Feb 2019, 11:49

Wycliffe wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 10:25

Bloody Hell!!!

- £100,000 per year rent
- Annual rent reduced to £10,000 per year for first 9 years to account for existing naming rights agreement
- A cheque to the Club from the Council for £400,000 for refurbishment of the Keepmoat stadium
- All food and beverage and stadium income for the club's revenues 365 days a year
That is without doubt a fantastic deal for, not only the club, but for the whole of the Doncaster and surrounding area community.Very well done Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council! Not only were the club happy with this agreement but the Doncaster chairman, John Ryan, was also sympathetic towards Coventry City's plight in having to stump up nearly £1.5m each year to their council. The average rent paid to a council for a League One team is in the region of £170,000 per annum.
How does this compare with what Darragh is paying to PCC? I'm sure that is well in excess of this figure! Maybe this could be pointed out to PCC next time Darragh gets them around the negotiating table? You got any clout in this area Adi??
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 08 Feb 2019, 12:41

ashman wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 11:49
Wycliffe wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 10:25

Bloody Hell!!!

- £100,000 per year rent
That is without doubt a fantastic deal for, not only the club, but for the whole of the Doncaster and surrounding area community.Very well done Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council! Not only were the club happy with this agreement but the Doncaster chairman, John Ryan, was also sympathetic towards Coventry City's plight in having to stump up nearly £1.5m each year to their council. The average rent paid to a council for a League One team is in the region of £170,000 per annum.
How does this compare with what Darragh is paying to PCC? I'm sure that is well in excess of this figure! Maybe this could be pointed out to PCC next time Darragh gets them around the negotiating table? You got any clout in this area Adi??
I have no clout in any area mate :lol: