DaveLister
Second Technician

Breaking news, Fergie is back

Post by DaveLister » 26 Jan 2019, 20:40

Returns as manager until seasons end

Gauss

Re: Breaking news, Fergie is back

Post by Gauss » 26 Jan 2019, 20:59

as a local I haven’t been to a POSH game now for almost 15 years, it’s decisions like this that makes me feel vindicated in doing so, chairman totally clueless, 6th in the league & it’s not even February?, clash of personalities it seems, & re-reappointment of Fergie is just beyond belief.

tonyp

Post by tonyp » 26 Jan 2019, 22:28

I'm pleasantly surprised
Being happy never goes out of style

Thomas-F

Post by Thomas-F » 27 Jan 2019, 01:00

Gauss wrote:
26 Jan 2019, 20:59
as a local I haven’t been to a POSH game now for almost 15 years, it’s decisions like this that makes me feel vindicated in doing so, chairman totally clueless, 6th in the league & it’s not even February?, clash of personalities it seems, & re-reappointment of Fergie is just beyond belief.
Really? some of the dirty antics displayed by the manager and the players in the past few months has been shocking, even though we have played some good football the bad bits are always remembered more than the good bits.

I'm not too bothered if we get promoted or not this season, happy to see us giving it a go though and now i'll be able to go to a match without thinking "i wonder what Steve Evans will do to embarrass himself today" onwards and upwards i say.

Bit of a shock to see Fergie back but it seems a sensible decision as he knows the club and i'm just glad we didn't go for Michael Appleton!

UTP

ashman

Post by ashman » 27 Jan 2019, 02:52

Gauss wrote:
Don't bother turning up then! :roll:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

ashman

Post by ashman » 27 Jan 2019, 03:02

Thomas-F wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 01:00
Gauss wrote:
Really? some of the dirty antics displayed by the manager and the players in the past few months has been shocking, even though we have played some good football the bad bits are always remembered more than the good bits.

I'm not too bothered if we get promoted or not this season, happy to see us giving it a go though and now i'll be able to go to a match without thinking "i wonder what Steve Evans will do to embarrass himself today" onwards and upwards i say.

Bit of a shock to see Fergie back but it seems a sensible decision as he knows the club and i'm just glad we didn't go for Michael Appleton!

UTP
Played some good football? You could count on two hands the times we have done that this season!
At least, as you so rightly say, we won't have to put up with the disgracful antics of SE and PR any longer. I hope that Darren can bring a bit of sanity to the club. I agree that promotion now is not a priority. All I want to see is football being played in the proper manner and a little respect coming towards our club.
Even if we gain promotion to the Championship (forever hopeful) I don't really relish getting thumped every other week and having to pay loads more for match tickets. Being segregated from opposition fans is a pain and the banter in the pubs before a game is a very important part of the match day experience!
In conclusion, I enjoy League One football as long as the end product is entertaining and the day is fun.

Brianposh

Post by Brianposh » 27 Jan 2019, 10:05

100% spot on Dave. We move back to sanity at last. The last 11 months has been an embarrassment.
'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering'.
'No! try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.'

Elder Statesman of Message Boards and Oldie Lifetime Achievement Award.

Chenza

Post by Chenza » 27 Jan 2019, 10:51

Why are people raving that we have fergie back ? Let's not forget what happened last time he was here yes he had some great seasons here but that's gone he don't save the same quality players we had back then CMS BOYDIE MCCLEAN .... 3rd time back at the club just think it's a backward move and this was on the cards for some time by the quick appointment.
We needed a manager with new ideas and a fresh approach.
BORN & BRED PETERBORIAN....TRUE BLUE

ashman

Post by ashman » 27 Jan 2019, 11:14

Chenza wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 10:51
Why are people raving that we have fergie back ? Let's not forget what happened last time he was here yes he had some great seasons here but that's gone he don't save the same quality players we had back then CMS BOYDIE MCCLEAN .... 3rd time back at the club just think it's a backward move and this was on the cards for some time by the quick appointment.
We needed a manager with new ideas and a fresh approach.
People are raving, not so much about Fergie's return, but that we have got rid of one of the most obnoxious couples in football. Whether it is either a backward or forward step it is a superb step up from what we were being served on the pitch and in the media. The disrepute that SE and PR were bringing to our club on a weekly basis was a total embarrassment and chatting to fans from other teams on our many away trips it was obvious that they making our club a total laughing stock and becoming a hated club due to their antics on the touchline and in the media.
I reckon the players will be absolutely delighted that the duo have left, as they know that they will not now be called out in public but dealt with professionally when they inevitably make mistakes. (This was one of the traits that SE had in his media talks that I personally thought was dredging the bottom of the sewer - that and a continual tirade against Grant McCann)
He claimed that he was a Posh supporter from years back. I wonder how many times he will rock up after yesterday and what sort of a reception he will receive?
Finally, give some thought to the many players that SE has shunted out of the club when he was on his recruitment tirade. They deserved more.

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 27 Jan 2019, 12:47

100% what Ashman said, excellent post & couldn’t have said it better myself or anywhere near as calmly to be honest. Very much looking forward to Bristol Rovers on Tuesday, a trip I had no intention of making this time yesterday.

stuie

Post by stuie » 27 Jan 2019, 13:08

tonyp wrote:
26 Jan 2019, 22:28
I'm pleasantly surprised
:stupid: :comeon:
Plymouth to Portsmouth 2017 -2018, that ain't far

stuie

Post by stuie » 27 Jan 2019, 13:09

Thomas-F wrote:
Gauss wrote:

UTP
gpwm :comeon:

stuie

Post by stuie » 27 Jan 2019, 13:09

ashman wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 02:52
Gauss wrote:
Don't bother turning up then! :roll:

stuie

Post by stuie » 27 Jan 2019, 13:11

ashman wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 03:02
Thomas-F wrote:
Gauss wrote:

UTP
Played some good football? You could count on two hands the times we have done that this season!
At least, as you so rightly say, we won't have to put up with the disgracful antics of SE and PR any longer. I hope that Darren can bring a bit of sanity to the club. I agree that promotion now is not a priority. All I want to see is football being played in the proper manner and a little respect coming towards our club.
Even if we gain promotion to the Championship (forever hopeful) I don't really relish getting thumped every other week and having to pay loads more for match tickets. Being segregated from opposition fans is a pain and the banter in the pubs before a game is a very important part of the match day experience!
In conclusion, I enjoy League One football as long as the end product is entertaining and the day is fun.
spot on

stuie

Post by stuie » 27 Jan 2019, 13:11

:stupid:
Brianposh wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 10:05
100% spot on Dave. We move back to sanity at last. The last 11 months has been an embarrassment.