Time and a place

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

pleasureboy60

Time and a place

Post by pleasureboy60 » 26 Nov 2018, 22:22

I find it slightly embarrassing that our manager is yet again publicly targeting his own players and blaming them for costing us games through individual errors.
This is not the first time this has happened recently and im afraid it doesn't sit well with me as i feel there is a more professional approach which could be adopted by him which not only preserves that individuals credibility, but also it doesn't bring the clubs name into the media spotlight which it appears to be doing so at present.
As a manager all i ask is that he uses a sense of decorum and professionalism and if he feels that there is the need to blame individuals, then it should be done in private and not announced to all and sundry.

bristleposh

Re: Time and a place

Post by bristleposh » 26 Nov 2018, 23:06

He is a manager from the same school as Donald Trump, nothing is his fault, if I were an American I'd be embarrased by the fact that the only reason Trump won was to keep Clinton out. In much the same way we've got Evans to stop going back to Fergusson or McCann
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

trevormans

Post by trevormans » 26 Nov 2018, 23:40

Dear me

I agree with bristle

ashman

Post by ashman » 27 Nov 2018, 08:02

pleasureboy60 wrote:
26 Nov 2018, 22:22
I find it slightly embarrassing that our manager is yet again publicly targeting his own players and blaming them for costing us games through individual errors.
This is not the first time this has happened recently and im afraid it doesn't sit well with me as i feel there is a more professional approach which could be adopted by him which not only preserves that individuals credibility, but also it doesn't bring the clubs name into the media spotlight which it appears to be doing so at present.
As a manager all i ask is that he uses a sense of decorum and professionalism and if he feels that there is the need to blame individuals, then it should be done in private and not announced to all and sundry.
I see what you are getting at:

“Marcus Maddison should have scored after five minutes, Matty Godden had two chances in the first-half which the goalkeeper did well to keep out and Ivan Toney had a header from a corner that the goalkeeper also somehow blocked. “Matty had a couple of chances in the second half and then were the headers inside the penalty area for Ivan and Mark O’Hara. Ivan’s was a bad miss, but he made up for it with a terrific finish which should have won us the points."

All of this should have been done behind closed doors. This sort of thing never goes down well with players. He will lose the the dressing room at this rate, if he hasn't already, judging by the results and performances recently.
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

Wycliffe

Post by Wycliffe » 27 Nov 2018, 08:44

ashman wrote:
27 Nov 2018, 08:02
pleasureboy60 wrote:
I see what you are getting at:

“Marcus Maddison should have scored after five minutes, Matty Godden had two chances in the first-half which the goalkeeper did well to keep out and Ivan Toney had a header from a corner that the goalkeeper also somehow blocked. “Matty had a couple of chances in the second half and then were the headers inside the penalty area for Ivan and Mark O’Hara. Ivan’s was a bad miss, but he made up for it with a terrific finish which should have won us the points."

All of this should have been done behind closed doors. This sort of thing never goes down well with players. He will lose the the dressing room at this rate, if he hasn't already, judging by the results and performances recently.

(Devils advocate)

Or they will sort themselves out and understand that if they fail to do their job(s) they'll do it being watched by thousands of people so the manager pointing it out should hardly come as a shock.

HantsPosh

Post by HantsPosh » 27 Nov 2018, 15:03

pleasureboy60 wrote:
This is precisely why I didn't want the man & why I said he's nothing more than a foul mouthed bully, nothing I have witnessed from him so far makes me think any differently now.

EdwinstoweStag

Post by EdwinstoweStag » 02 Dec 2018, 14:36

Mansfield Town fan here. When the Fat Controller up and left our club the way he did we were understandably upset. For all his “I’ve had nine promotions, you know” banter and his constant sycophancy of the owners, he was the easiest man to despise. His incessant bullying of players and officials was unjustifiable. It came as absolutely no surprise to hear that he is the first manager to be banned for his touch line antics. He left this club in the lurch so don’t expect any real loyalty from him. He will wear out his welcome at London Road sooner or later. It’s such a shame that we haven’t been matched against Posh in a cup tournament as Stags fans would love to demonstrate how thy feel about Mr Blobby.
Anyway, Posh fans - good luck for the season.

poshnipper
Nippoderator

Post by poshnipper » 02 Dec 2018, 20:08

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 14:36
Mansfield Town fan here. When the Fat Controller up and left our club the way he did we were understandably upset. For all his “I’ve had nine promotions, you know” banter and his constant sycophancy of the owners, he was the easiest man to despise. His incessant bullying of players and officials was unjustifiable. It came as absolutely no surprise to hear that he is the first manager to be banned for his touch line antics. He left this club in the lurch so don’t expect any real loyalty from him. He will wear out his welcome at London Road sooner or later. It’s such a shame that we haven’t been matched against Posh in a cup tournament as Stags fans would love to demonstrate how thy feel about Mr Blobby.
Anyway, Posh fans - good luck for the season.
To be fair, it was a pretty muted “welcome”.
The jury has always been out for me. Still is!
We go again...
Proud to be POSH