SCUNTHORPE v POSH

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

SCUNTHORPE v POSH

Post by ashman » 10 Oct 2018, 23:08

Scunthorpe United v Peterborough United (15:00 )

REFEREE : ROBERT LEWIS

ASSISTANT REFEREES : Richard Wigglesworth and Simon Clayton

Fourth Official : Tom Nield
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

tonyp

Re: SCUNTHORPE v POSH

Post by tonyp » 11 Oct 2018, 10:34

ashman wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 23:08

Robert Lewis was the referee on 13th February 2018 when Posh drew 2-2 at Scunthorpe.
Being happy never goes out of style

ashman

Post by ashman » 11 Oct 2018, 14:29

tonyp wrote:
11 Oct 2018, 10:34
ashman wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 23:08

Robert Lewis was the referee on 13th February 2018 when Posh drew 2-2 at Scunthorpe.
Is correct but .net seem to have got it nearly right! :lol:

'Ref Rob Lewis
Sent off Baldwin at Oxford last year
Santos at Chesterfield 2015
Posh have Lost on the last 3 occasions he's officiated against us.' - according to Barn67!
Still reckon he is one of the many poor refs.

pleasureboy60

Post by pleasureboy60 » 11 Oct 2018, 21:14

I can see this being a ridiculously high scoring game with two dodgy defences and an abundance of players who can score goals. I'm going for a 4.3 win for the Posh.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 13 Oct 2018, 14:27

bristleposh wrote:
07 Oct 2018, 09:30
Just like to point out some statistics for those who seem to love them, team without Toney starting 6-1-1
...................................................................................... team with Toney starting......1-3-2
....................................................................................... team w/out Magic starting ...6-1-1
........................................................................................team with Magic starting .....1-3-1

Does anybody disagree with these figures or would we better reverting to Godden and Cummings up frony and maybe Dembele and Ward on the wings (just to start) both can come on and make an impact if needed.
I do hope I don’t get the blame for this, we are back to square one

Back to our starting formation on day one, I do hope Big Steve doesn’t get his team tactics from forums, no Maddison on the bench is he poorly
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

OBM

Post by OBM » 13 Oct 2018, 15:22

Maddison has a sore throat and was feeling a bit on edge, taller people are more susceptible to vapour trails.

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 13 Oct 2018, 15:51

Goalless at half time,

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 13 Oct 2018, 17:11

2-0 Godden with both, having watched the match on a normal sized iPad, I find it difficult to understand how somebody can watch games on a phone.

ashman

Post by ashman » 14 Oct 2018, 15:33

An absolutely awful first half with Scunthorpe giving us the run around with crisp, accurate passing and us chasing and hoofing the ball whenever we got near it. It was a good job that the Scunthorpe finishing was as awful as our passing. After half time we reverted to our 'winning' formula - yes, passing the ball to teammates. We had four meaningful passing attacks. One in the first half and three in the second, two of which produced goals which settled the game.
I was surprised when Scunny had a penalty appeal turned down when Chapman clattered Humphrys. Chapman was cunning and stayed down, taking plenty of time with the 'sponge man.' Maybe we are becoming smarter under Evans?
It almost seems as if the tactic to beat teams this season is to lull them into a false sense of security, making them believe that we are a one dimensional 'hoof it' team, and then change the tactic and play proper attacking football. It certainly seems to be working.
Shout out to Matty Godden. He has come from a much lower division and is actually outscoring Jack Marriott at this stage of the season. 11 goals and it is still October. Jason Cummings had a great game but nothing really worked for him. He is from a higher level but is still prepared to work extremely hard for the team. He was substituted after 60 odd minutes and showed his frustration by kicking a water bottle half way across the pitch, not in anger at SE and PR I suspect, but more in disappointment in things not working out quite right for him. Ivan Toney replaced him and immediately caused further problems for Scunthorpe. He really is showing what a good acquisition he has become. His close ball skills are superb for a player his size.
Chapman has arrived at the point where he needs to be given a rest. He is becoming more hesitant every game and it is just a pity that O'Malley is injured ATM so he will have to keep his place. I hope he doesn't become too complacent!!
Joe Ward works so hard but again he shows little end product when he gets in scoring positions. Some people are starting to get on his back which is unwarranted. The back four had better games, particularly Daniel who upped his defending and attacking no end.
O'Hara was superb in the second half when he could get the ball played into his feet. He is not just a big guy who can head a ball!
Woodyard (I am a big admiring of his game) seemed to have a bit of an off day but in the end it didn't matter as three points are now in the bag and we look forward to the visit of Accrington Stanley next Saturday.

p.s. Don't take any notice of Swanny's take on the game and his scoring of individual players. He sometimes gets close to the truth but this week I reckon he must have been watching on iFollow!!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 14 Oct 2018, 17:07

Nought wrong with iPlayer, I watched it and thought Maddison was totally anonymous :wink:

dunc

Post by dunc » 14 Oct 2018, 18:19

How can you say that?
He didn’t put a foot wrong!

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 14 Oct 2018, 20:50

dunc wrote:
14 Oct 2018, 18:19
How can you say that?