Don't shoot the messenger

Discussion on Peterborough United only.

Moderators: ashman, poshnipper

ashman

Re: Don't shoot the messenger

Post by ashman » 09 Oct 2018, 00:03

trevormans wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 22:51
our failings in the past have been that we struggled to beat the clubs in the lower reaches whilst playing like roy of the rovers against what saint stevie calls the big teams

this year we have seen off the "lesser teams" so undoubtedly we should rejoice and continue to do the same, because that is undoubtedly the way forward

we now need to ensure that we have the wit and the backbone to beat the grownups

if we can do that then st stevie will be a fully worthy manager

that rookie manager at the keepmoat got his comeuppance at home at the weekend, 4 nil at home ,shocking!
still he's still nicely tucked in behind the automatic promotion teams
Why are you calling him 'Saint?' It's not even Christmas yet and the snow is not 'lain about, deep and crisp and even!' :roll:
'Everybody needs to have a friend'

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 09 Oct 2018, 07:12

ashman wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 00:03
trevormans wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 22:51
our failings in the past have been that we struggled to beat the clubs in the lower reaches whilst playing like roy of the rovers against what saint stevie calls the big teams

this year we have seen off the "lesser teams" so undoubtedly we should rejoice and continue to do the same, because that is undoubtedly the way forward

we now need to ensure that we have the wit and the backbone to beat the grownups

if we can do that then st stevie will be a fully worthy manager

that rookie manager at the keepmoat got his comeuppance at home at the weekend, 4 nil at home ,shocking!
still he's still nicely tucked in behind the automatic promotion teams
Why are you calling him 'Saint?' It's not even Christmas yet and the snow is not 'lain about, deep and crisp and even!' :roll:
I imagine he has done that because he supports his team, each of us in a different way, I have supported Posh through thin and thinner. I still hold out hope of seeing us reach the Premier league, (I know I was born stupid) but if we are to do it any time soon we must start getting results and at the moment St Stevie is the one with the job of doing it.
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

bristleposh

Post by bristleposh » 13 Oct 2018, 21:32

ashman wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 16:58
Totally meaningless stats. They includes Dembel going off the boil, Cummings 'trashaflatgate' and his injury and the opposition. The six wins were against Bristol Rovers, Rochdale, Luton, Charlton, Plymouth and Southend, hardly top teams. Ignore, it's just bristle trying to fling more 'tihs' towards his non-favourite player!
Worked though didn't it saw you and nipper from my vantahe point by the pool in. Portugal
http://www.theposhforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=761

ashman

Post by ashman » 14 Oct 2018, 09:35

bristleposh wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 07:12
I still hold out hope of seeing us reach the Premier league, (I know I was born stupid) but if we are to do it any time soon we must start getting results and at the moment St Stevie is the one with the job of doing it.
Oh dear, now you are calling him a saint, albeit sarcastically!

"A saint (also historically known as a hallow) is a person who is recognized as having an exceptional degree of holiness or likeness or closeness to God."

Steve Evans - I think not!!
'Everybody needs to have a friend'